The Eagles have better WR's than us?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It's the Eagles. Desean Jackson and Randall Cobb's best days are behind them, but Desean was just down right better with Jameis Winston as opposed to Aaron Rogers. Michael Gallup may have a ton of upside, but Alshon Jeffery has actually produced at a high level. I think we'd all be quite happy if Gallup put up 800 yards and 6 TDs this year, which is what Jeffery did last year.

Now Nelson Agolor is not in Cooper's league, but it's hard to say that equals out the other two, which aren't really close.

And this doesn't even factor in TEs...

Ken

Reaction score
We have a #1 Wr, they don't. Edge us.

Ertz is amazing and gives them a huge edge. I think Jarwin is every bit as good as Goedert.

Djax had 41 catches last year...Cobb had 38. Cobb played 9 games.

The x factor here...Wentz struggled to get the WRs the ball. Most of their production came with Foles at QB. It is a huge question mark around Wentz right now. He has to show he can get the ball to his WRs on the outside instead of just pounding it to Ertz.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?

They have much better TE's and coaching. Probably a better defense as well. Wents does have more talent, but he has been hurt.

starfan1

Reaction score
But they were just talking about WR's thats it. they went on to say TE position was better, which i dont have an issue with.

I would give Jefferies a slight edge over cooper based on career or a draw at best. Jackson over Cobb and Aghalor over gallup only because hes been in the league longer and had more opportunity that will change this year. I may even be talked into Cooper being better than jefferies but not by alot

All that said this year I think our receivers all kick that tail and will be looked at as top 5 in league.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I rarely watch NFL sports talk on any network anymore. But with the zeke news today i thought i would just stop by ESPN just to see what was being said. They were doing a who's better list at the positions between the cowboys and eagles.

I watched for about 3 min's. They said Wentz has done more than Dak (Has he?) and has way more talent. Now the next one was the kicker for me.

The Eagles have better WR's. Called Nelson Agholor a playmaker and Alshon Jeffery a difference-maker and D JAX is playmaker. Also said Cooper has done good things but the Eagles have better overall talent at the position.

Cooper, Gallup and Cobb? Ill take those 3 any day over the eagles 3. What say you?
Faulk the eagles! I mean did Marshall Faulk say that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have a #1 Wr, they don't. Edge us.

Ertz is amazing and gives them a huge edge. I think Jarwin is every bit as good as Goedert.

Djax had 41 catches last year...Cobb had 38. Cobb played 9 games.

The x factor here...Wentz struggled to get the WRs the ball. Most of their production came with Foles at QB. It is a huge question mark around Wentz right now. He has to show he can get the ball to his WRs on the outside instead of just pounding it to Ertz.

LOL......Jerwin every bit as good as Goedert? Based on what exactly That is about as homerish a statement as it gets.

Carson

Reaction score
Receivers only? I give the edge to Dallas

TEs included? Philly, no brainer

Ken

Reaction score
LOL......Jerwin every bit as good as Goedert? Based on what exactly That is about as homerish a statement as it gets.
Oh really?

Goedert: 33 catches 334 yards 4 Tds.
Jarwin (only started seing the ball the last 6 games or so)- 27 catches 303 yards 3 tds.

Jarwin also looks like he took another step this offseason.

Ken

Reaction score
I would give Jefferies a slight edge over cooper based on career or a draw at best. Jackson over Cobb and Aghalor over gallup only because hes been in the league longer and had more opportunity that will change this year. I may even be talked into Cooper being better than jefferies but not by alot

All that said this year I think our receivers all kick that tail and will be looked at as top 5 in league.
It is Jeffery.

Alshon hasn't had 1000 yards in 4 seasons.

Cooper has never not had a thousand yards and is 5 years younger. C'mon man...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
How many games will DeSean play? Dude misses multiple games all the time. 6 years ago was the last time he played a full season. He missed several games the previous 4 years to that. The most TDs in a season the last 5 years? 6 TDs in WAS. His best in Philly was 9 TDs. He also only had 2 TDs in Philly. He is inconsistent and hurt and is way more hype than anything else.

Sydla

Reaction score
I highly doubt any GM would straight up take the Eagles roster over Dallas. Dallas is younger with many players either hitting their prime or in their prime. Philly on the other hand is old and fading.

Sure, if we are talking about what roster you might want for the next 5 years.

But these guys are talking about one season, this season. We have a good roster, but so does Philly for the 2019 season. It's silly when people try to argue the Eagles don't.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I think Philly is loaded. I think Cowboys have good pieces and are in a new system.

I think this year will show the country, which is the franchise QB, Wentz or Dak.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Did they include TEs, because that's a huge scale tipper.

I wouldn't say "way" better but right now, I'd say the Eagles have a slight edge at WR for this season............. largely because we have two big questions.......... can Gallup take that next step and be a legit #2 (I think he can but as of now he's not proven it) and is Cobb healthy and back into form that made him a really good WR a few years ago?

Now if those two questions come back big yesses, then we can argue ours are better. But until those are answered, I don't think it's crazy to suggest Philly might have better WRs right now.

Now would I take their three over our three? Likely not simply because our top two are 25 years and younger and can possibly get better and their top two are older than dirt and likely aren't going to improve from what they are. But for one year? I can see how some might take theirs over ours.

I agree talent wise it is close and I personally would not entertain trading WR's. Both groups depend on the accurate placement of the pass, and I think ball delivery talent might be more in phillys favor as of early Sept before the first game of the season. I hope Dak puts his issues with ball placement in the rear view mirror.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Sure, if we are talking about what roster you might want for the next 5 years.

But these guys are talking about one season, this season. We have a good roster, but so does Philly for the 2019 season. It's silly when people try to argue the Eagles don't.

Yep. I am not arguing that but will argue they are not better or deeper. They had one good season which until proven otherwise was a fluke.

Reactions: Ken

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh really?

Goedert: 33 catches 334 yards 4 Tds.
Jarwin (only started seing the ball the last 6 games or so)- 27 catches 303 yards 3 tds.

Jarwin also looks like he took another step this offseason.

I'd trade Jarwin for Goedert right now and not even think twice about it. Shoot, I'd trade Jarwin and a mid round pick for Goedert and giggle the entire time. I think Jarwin can be a decent TE in this league. Goedert could be a star.

mardwin

Reaction score
tumblr_n0nc2gfdyw1spy7ono1_400.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
How many games will DeSean play? Dude misses multiple games all the time. 6 years ago was the last time he played a full season. He missed several games the previous 4 years to that. The most TDs in a season the last 5 years? 6 TDs in WAS. His best in Philly was 9 TDs. He also only had 2 TDs in Philly. He is inconsistent and hurt and is way more hype than anything else.

Cobb hasn't played a full season since 2015. So if we are going to look at this and try to be consistent...........

Ken

Reaction score
I'd trade Jarwin for Goedert right now and not even think twice about it. Shoot, I'd trade Jarwin and a mid round pick for Goedert and giggle the entire time. I think Jarwin can be a decent TE in this league. Goedert could be a star.
Not saying i wouldn't either...i wanted dallas to draft him.

But there is an argument as to who is better right now, imo

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Cobb hasn't played a full season since 2015. So if we are going to look at this and try to be consistent...........

I never brought up Cobb so no need to defend him or any other player on the Dallas' roster. This is a thread of how Eagles were mentioned to be better. Not me saying Dallas is better.

starfan1

Reaction score
It is Jeffery.

Alshon hasn't had 1000 yards in 4 seasons.

Cooper has never not had a thousand yards and is 5 years younger. C'mon man...
thats not true they both have 2 1000 yard plus seasons only. Their stats are similar if you want to give Coop the edge I have no issue with that. Heck if you want to say the cowboys have a better receiving corps i dont have a problem with that either but I would think many would disagree with you.

I think this year will be a huge stat line for alot of cowboy stars