The Eagles have better WR's than us?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What, the Eagles have better WRs than us?

Naw -- they're just thinking they do, the ninnies! :rolleyes:

Wait'll we turn Amari Cooper loose on 'em. That'll fix 'em!

If that doesn't work, there's always Devin Smith and Michael Gallup!

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
he loves beating Dallas tho..never ignore him.

I think the last W Jackson might have had was 2015 playing for W
I agree that he isn’t nearly what he once was, it he is an added piece to their WR group that has to be considered better than Tavon Austin, for example.

Agreed vs Austin, not so much vs Gallup though. He's the Eagles #2. Austin is #4 or #5.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the last W Jackson might have had was 2015 playing for W

Agreed vs Austin, not so much vs Gallup though. He's the Eagles #2. Austin is #4 or #5.
Is he necessarily the #2? They have Jeffries and Agholor, so I'm not sure how that fits.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is he necessarily the #2? They have Jeffries and Agholor, so I'm not sure how that fits.

He's the #2. Agholor is a slot guy at this point. Jeffery and Jackson are outside.

They tried Algholor outside when he first came into the league and he struggled. He blossomed a few years ago when they played him more in the slot.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I would take our wr's over theirs everyday, but when comparing I think they include their he's as wr's which would clearly give them the edge.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's the Eagles. Desean Jackson and Randall Cobb's best days are behind them, but Desean was just down right better with Jameis Winston as opposed to Aaron Rogers. Michael Gallup may have a ton of upside, but Alshon Jeffery has actually produced at a high level. I think we'd all be quite happy if Gallup put up 800 yards and 6 TDs this year, which is what Jeffery did last year.

Now Nelson Agolor is not in Cooper's league, but it's hard to say that equals out the other two, which aren't really close.

And this doesn't even factor in TEs...

Huh ? " with Jameis Winston as opposed to Aaron Rogers " ?? i'm not understanding this .

But I do know for sure that Desean Jackson was MUCH better and productive under Ryan Fitzpatrick than what he was under Winston. Desean may be more of a one track pony in that
the underneath stuff and tough traffic catches isn't his game. He' s clearly does his best work outside on fly-go routes, quick smoke screens, out-routes and clear out shallow-drags.
He's still a dangerous very speedy and explosive player with the right QB. And we can sure Wentz will be taking his downfield shots at D-Jax.

Nelson Agolor shouldn't be compared to Cooper , because hes really more a slot guy than he is an outside one. Should be compared to Randall Cobb,
He is easily one of the very best slot guys in the NFL, though on occasion, they will line him on the outside, and last year he even flat out toasted Byron Jones
on a huge fly route gain in 1st Philly game. Because of his ability to go underneath as well as over the top downfield, I think he is even a better slot guy than even Cole Beasley.

I just need to get a long look at Cobb while he's here with the Cowboys, supposedly he is expected to be a dependable weapon both in the slot as well as outside,
but I heard that at times when he did line up outside, some CBs in camp were in his side pockets so well that he had issues separating. But he has a rep as being a slick run-after-catch/open field
runner. And we still need to see what his durability level and conditioning as the season goes on.

I'm not as impressed with Alshon Jeffries as some people are. i may be underrating him but i think he's an Ok serviceable, methodical possession type, but he just doesn't scare you.
In fact I think Gallup is going to be and on his way to being a head shoulders better than what Jeffries is.

quickccc

Reaction score

- Amari Cooper vs Deshaun Jackson;
If i'm assuming that Deshaun Jackson is Philly's new go to guy as it's more Cooper vs Jackson:
Both players are very dangerous in both over the top of defenses, and as well as run- after- catch threats. but Cooper can handle the underneath and tough slot traffic better than what
Jackson can. Tight traffic catches isn't D-Jax's game. and I think Cooper is more of an reliable catcher than Jackson.

- Michael Gallup vs Alshon Jeffries;
Maybe it' just me, but I'm not in awe impressed with Jeffries, he just does not scare me. He's more a possession type, imo. and he does work and moves
the chains well in that system. but he seems more coverable than Jackson.
If Gallup and Jeffries are equals (at best) at this point, it's only because Jeffries has far more game experience over Gally. But in terms of the spectacular splash catches, i'm seeing
Gallup as more of a threat than Alshon. the fade jump ball red zone catches, the vertical threat, I think Gallup outranks Jeffries in this area.

- Randall Cobb vs Angular Nelson:
if Philly does have an edge, it's at the slot role where Angular Nelson is simply one of the very best in NFL and as shifty-nifty as he is to cover in the slot, he can also zip it
over the top of defenses on occasion (as Nelson did vs Byron Jones in 1st Philly game) with Cobb being on a downslide at this point of career, I really dunno if he re-establishes
that this year, we'll have to see.

Sydla

Reaction score
- Amari Cooper vs Deshaun Jackson;
If i'm assuming that Deshaun Jackson is Philly's new go to guy as it's more Cooper vs Jackson:
Both players are very dangerous in both over the top of defenses, and as well as run- after- catch threats. but Cooper can handle the underneath and tough slot traffic better than what
Jackson can. Tight traffic catches isn't D-Jax's game. and I think Cooper is more of an reliable catcher than Jackson.

- Michael Gallup vs Alshon Jeffries;
Maybe it' just me, but I'm not in awe impressed with Jeffries, he just does not scare me. He's more a possession type, imo. and he does work and moves
the chains well in that system. but he seems more coverable than Jackson.
If Gallup and Jeffries are equals (at best) at this point, it's only because Jeffries has far more game experience over Gally. But in terms of the spectacular splash catches, i'm seeing
Gallup as more of a threat than Alshon. the fade jump ball red zone catches, the vertical threat, I think Gallup outranks Jeffries in this area.

- Randall Cobb vs Angular Nelson:
if Philly does have an edge, it's at the slot role where Angular Nelson is simply one of the very best in NFL and as shifty-nifty as he is to cover in the slot, he can also zip it
over the top of defenses on occasion (as Nelson did vs Byron Jones in 1st Philly game) with Cobb being on a downslide at this point of career, I really dunno if he re-establishes
that this year, we'll have to see.

Jeffery is their #1. So it's Cooper versus Jeffery

Jackson is their #2. So it's Gallup versus Jackson

Agholor is their #3. So it's Cobb versus Agholor

After that, I know Philly fans like to claim they are really deep at WR but there is really no difference in their 4th and 5th WRs and our 4th and 5th WRs IMO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeffery is their #1. So it's Cooper versus Jeffery

Jackson is their #2. So it's Gallup versus Jackson

Agholor is their #3. So it's Cobb versus Agholor

After that, I know Philly fans like to claim they are really deep at WR but there is really no difference in their 4th and 5th WRs and our 4th and 5th WRs IMO.
I agree. I don't see any question that Cooper is better than Jeffrey. Jeffrey's only advantage is being a larger target, but that doesn't outweigh other areas where Cooper is better. Jackson probably should be given the edge over Gallup at this point, but I like Gallup's rising star over Jackson's fading one. And Agholor probably has the edge on Cobb.

The only real edge for Philly is at TE.

erod

Reaction score
Jeffrey and Cooper are a push

Gallup and Agholor are a push

Jackson is better than Cobb

Tight ends are favored toward Philly, but Jarwin could change that if he's really ready for prime time.

Very slight edge to the Eagles perhaps.

Wentz is a better passer than Dak. Therein lies the problem.

However, Dallas is better everywhere else except defensive line.

The Cowboys are the better team overall.

Sydla

Reaction score

Tight ends are favored toward Philly, but Jarwin could change that if he's really ready for prime time.

Very slight edge at TE? Yeah. No. They have two TEs better than Jarwin.

The secondary is also a push. We may have better CBs, but they have better safeties unless somehow Jeff Heath lost his job in the last day or so.

OLs are likely a push at this point. Injuries could be a huge factor in which OL plays better this year.

kskboys

Reaction score

Nicely done.

Not sure DJax will be effective. At 32, he's a guy who was completely dependent on speed. If he loses just a bit, he may be done. 41 catches/4 TD's last season. Decent numbers, but not awesome. Could be a result of the scheme/Qb, or he could simply be winding down.

quickccc

Reaction score
Very slight edge at TE? Yeah. No. They have two TEs better than Jarwin.

The secondary is also a push. We may have better CBs, but they have better safeties unless somehow Jeff Heath lost his job in the last day or so.

OLs are likely a push at this point. Injuries could be a huge factor in which OL plays better this year.

Agree. We don't come close to comparing to Philly's TEs - they have one TE (Ertz) that clearly among the better ones in NFL,
and even a backup who is still better than what we have at TE.

- It can be debated as what team has the better OL, some may used the All Pro/Pro Bowl invites as a measurement tool and some could be using that PFF site
also as a measuring tool.

- I tend to think we have better CBs than the Eagles, who were torched in that area, and still did nothing significant to really upgrade that area as well in the offseason.
Our WRs are going to flat torture their azzes again when we meet up again
:grin:

btcutter

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter! People are comparing the wrong thing.

It’s about if our WRs > their DBs vs their WRs vs our DBs.
Right now I’m pretty sure we’ll all take our secondary over theirs.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
It's the Eagles. Desean Jackson and Randall Cobb's best days are behind them, but Desean was just down right better with Jameis Winston as opposed to Aaron Rogers. Michael Gallup may have a ton of upside, but Alshon Jeffery has actually produced at a high level. I think we'd all be quite happy if Gallup put up 800 yards and 6 TDs this year, which is what Jeffery did last year.

Now Nelson Agolor is not in Cooper's league, but it's hard to say that equals out the other two, which aren't really close.

And this doesn't even factor in TEs...

Alshon won't even be with the Eagles after this year. They're high on the kid Whiteside who will take his place.

Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, Austin and Devin Smith - none of those players were selected after the 81st pick. Every one of those receivers has WR1 capabilities. Yeah, even Cobb, who is far from washed up. Gallup would be the best receiver on the Eagles' roster.

There is a reason that Wentz always tries to force the ball into double coverage to Ertz. He is their best offensive weapon.

I think a lot of people who are high on the Eagles' offense this year are going to be in for a rude awakening by week 6 or 7.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I just love when eagles fans say Dak needs talent around him to win. But when you ask who has more talent they say the eagles?:huh::huh:

Sydla

Reaction score
Alshon won't even be with the Eagles after this year. They're high on the kid Whiteside who will take his place.

Cooper, Cobb, Gallup, Austin and Devin Smith - none of those players were selected after the 81st pick. Every one of those receivers has WR1 capabilities. Yeah, even Cobb, who is far from washed up. Gallup would be the best receiver on the Eagles' roster.

There is a reason that Wentz always tries to force the ball into double coverage to Ertz. He is their best offensive weapon.

I think a lot of people who are high on the Eagles' offense this year are going to be in for a rude awakening by week 6 or 7.

Unless Wentz gets hurt or his back injury flares up and holds him back, they are going to be a really good offense. Now, some Eagles fans are acting like they might be the greatest offense ever, but that's stupid. But they will easily be a Top 10 offense in this league, likely Top 5 as long as they can keep Wentz upright (which is definitely a big "if").

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nicely done.

Not sure DJax will be effective. At 32, he's a guy who was completely dependent on speed. If he loses just a bit, he may be done. 41 catches/4 TD's last season. Decent numbers, but not awesome. Could be a result of the scheme/Qb, or he could simply be winding down.
He had one of the best WR's on the other side from him, better than anyone on these two teams. Jackson played on a bad team with mediocre coaching.

Comparing the WR's is difficult until we see them, each has a new member of the trio. One QB is questionable about health and the other just questionable until proven otherwise. Doesn't matter how good a WR is if the QB can't put the ball where he can make a play.