Twitter: The Eagles intend to sign FA RB Jay Ajayi; lose Sproles for season

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Surprised he didn't get any offers till now.

I know he tore his ACL and his knee won't last for long, but his track record IMO was worth a shot as a backup at least.
Yup...we had our chance. Oh well...sadly I think the only reason why we didn't sign him was he would end up looking better than our overpaid dope...then the pressure would start to mount to bench Zeke....and we just didn't want to add to the already over boiling pot.

aria

Reaction score
He hasn't even reached "average" status during his entire career.
Heard the same thing about CJ Anderson. I think paired with Pollard he would have been fine and we certainly would have won our first 3 games with or without Zeke and obviously the next two didn’t matter.

In 2016 he had almost 1300 yards, I hardly consider that not reaching average. In 2017 he helped the Eagles win a Super Bowl, only played 7 games, and averaged 5.8 yards per carry (6.3 against the Patriots). I’m not saying he is an every down back but it’s been shown time and time again you don’t need an every down back to win games. I hardly doubt our record would be any different right now with Zeke and Pollard or Pollard and Ajayi splitting carries.

We would have also saved a boatload of money and not be strapped into a contract with a declining RB who has off the field issues.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They keep going back and forth with players. They get rid of them by replacing them with older has beens, then the older has beens get hurt and they have to call back the 1st set of has beens or is that 2nd set. I'm confused. :lmao:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup...we had our chance. Oh well...sadly I think the only reason why we didn't sign him was he would end up looking better than our overpaid dope...then the pressure would start to mount to bench Zeke....and we just didn't want to add to the already over boiling pot.
He would look better than Zeke … ? You say this based on what? The one strong season he had 3 years and several injuries and surgeries ago?

Ask yourself this - if Ajayi has that much to offer, why have 32 NFL teams not seen it, and left him sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He would look better than Zeke … ? You say this based on what? The one strong season he had 3 years and several injuries and surgeries ago?

Ask yourself this - if Ajayi has that much to offer, why have 32 NFL teams not seen it, and left him sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring?
Questioning the Floatster is akin to questioning a floater.

I like the rhythm of that sentence...

CWR

Reaction score
It is being reported that Jordan Howard has a stinger in his shoulder and can't play against the Patriots. Darren Sproles was put on IR today. So that basically left the Eagles with 2 RBs available for the Patriots' game (Miles Sanders and Boston Scott). I guess the Eagles figure if they can get a game or 2 out of Ajayi before he completely blows out his knee then that will buy them time for Jordan Howard to get healthy.

Miles Sanders is the best back they have anyways. They need to let him loose.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Wow nice signing by the Eagles. WE should have let Zeke hold out the entire year and sign Ajayi.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
That’s who the Cowboys should have started the season with (along with Pollard) instead of caving to Zeke’s demands. Good for Ajayi.
Ajagyi over Zeke? lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHATEVER!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Wow nice signing by the Eagles. WE should have let Zeke hold out the entire year and sign Ajayi.

Hmmph! That was me laughing and regurgitating chili. Some of you are simply (without inserting names followed by horrible curse words) laughable and quite low IQ!

I’m still laughing.

Sammy

Reaction score

He wasn't game ready until just a couple weeks ago. Maybe they were waiting to see he was back to top form.

Corso

Reaction score
Ajagyi over Zeke? lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHATEVER!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@aria will be the 1st to admit that he's a bit irrational over Zeke.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Is that it for Sproles? (career) Doesn't look like his body has any more to give.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He will run all over the Dallas DL leading to the Eagles winning the division.

I feel this in my bones.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
@aria will be the 1st to admit that he's a bit irrational over Zeke.
He won’t be. But El Guapo, at age 33 for the last ten years will be very upset.

Seriously, I’ve never been more happy with a RB than I have with Zeke. The kid does more than most when it comes to blocking, pass catching, and toting the rock!

Had the NFL and Goodell and his cronies not deemed him the devil, he’d have a much different outlook with many in here.

We’re a spoiled bunch. At least 20 years ago we were.

The kid plays his balls off. He can only do so much when the line actually decides to block. Even then he sacrifices his body to get one yard when the line collapses around him.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Our fans here incognito aren't very good at concealing themselves..........a little entertaining perhaps.....but not very good.

Corso

Reaction score
He won’t be. But El Guapo, at age 33 for the last ten years will be very upset.

Seriously, I’ve never been more happy with a RB than I have with Zeke. The kid does more than most when it comes to blocking, pass catching, and toting the rock!

Had the NFL and Goodell and his cronies not deemed him the devil, he’d have a much different outlook with many in here.

We’re a spoiled bunch. At least 20 years ago we were.

The kid plays his balls off. He can only do so much when the line actually decides to block. Even then he sacrifices his body to get one yard when the line collapses around him.
Nary an argument from me, bud.

aria

Reaction score
Apparently you don’t get it. Let me clarify this more for you. In case you weren’t aware, we have a big dumb baby as a starting RB who decided to not show up to work because he wanted to be paid as the highest paid RB in the league which has yet lived up to.

Our first three games were against some of the worst teams in the league. Do you really think we would have lost if we had Ajayi and Pollard or even Pollard and Morris, instead of Zeke and Pollard in those games?

Hahahahaha....hahahahaha....hahahahaha.

Then we go on to lose our next two games, one of which could be argued Zeke played a large contribution in losing. There’s a good chance Pollard and Ajayi would have combined for more yards than Zeke and not fumbled.

Hahahahaha....hahaha...hahahaha.

Since then, all Zeke has done is pad his stats against 5 of the top 10 worst defenses in the league and was a non difference maker in all but Philthy which I think Pollard could have played and done enough to win that game.

What games has Zeke actually won for us this year that we couldn’t have done without Ajayi and Pollard or Pollard and Morris? The answer is NONE! But hey, either you don’t understand why teams shouldn’t pay that much money to a RB or you’re so delusional you think we would have lost to all the teams we’ve beat, who all have losing records, minus the Eagles who are a game above .500.

I’m sure you and the other Zeke fan boys will be running your mouths after he has a great game against the 3rd worst defense in the league this weekend and try to tell everyone that’s why we paid him so much money. Laughable!