Twitter: The Eagles intend to sign FA RB Jay Ajayi; lose Sproles for season

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That would have been fine.

My main points were

a) we over paid for a RB

b) he hasn’t “won” us any games yet that I believe multiple other combinations of RB’s couldn’t have won as well

c) he already appears to be declining despite the hordes of fan boys that told me he was so special and worth it because he was so durable and great at getting those “dirty yards” (ironically now a lot of those same people are complaining he can’t get to the outside, lost his speed, doesn’t break tackles, doesn’t make people miss, etc which a lot of us pointed put before the contract...too late now!)

d) it’s been proven time and time again you don’t need an elite RB to win games, not that he is elite anymore, if he ever was
I couldn't stand the fact he held out with 2 years left on his deal. Dak and Cooper need deals, which are more important, but yet they were at every offseason program and practiced every day during training camp.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
No worries, I got a great laugh out of it :) Feel free to pick on me and/or my typos all you want!

Nah. I don't pick on tyops and grammar until someone points out someones else's grammar and typos, when they make same mistake.

We're all guilty.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Something is up with Jordan Howard. Out of the blue, beat writers reported he suddenly was sidelined this week from practice.
locker-room there on the verge of implosion.
hangin' on by a feather.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nah. I don't pick on tyops and grammar until someone points out someones else's grammar and typos, when they make same mistake.

We're all guilty.
Ha! He was talking to me.
Unless you got me on the ignore...
Then... hmm...
How should I approach that?
I like you...

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Ha! He was talking to me.
Unless you got me on the ignore...
Then... hmm...
How should I approach that?
I like you...

I don't have anybody on the ignore list. Especially you.

I just stepped in because I felt you were right on your opinion.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
He may be, I’ll be interested to see how he dies though, if he even gets any carries.
So he may be dead and may not get carries but we should've started the season with him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I’m sure you and the other Zeke fan boys will be running your mouths after he has a great game against the 3rd worst defense in the league this weekend and try to tell everyone that’s why we paid him so much money. Laughable!

And I’m sure you’ll be pissed off and moaning if Zeke does perform against the Lions.

It’s just weird to hear moronic Dak haters bemoan his good games and talk **** when he struggles. Same with Zeke. Bunch of loser fans, I tell ya! But hey, if ya sleep better at night....

Qcard

Reaction score
Sproles was always a tough assignment...

Nick Foles still with Jags? ✓

Probably the only FA that can get this version of the current Eagles roster over the hump.

Eagles will get their version of Amari Cooper for Wentz next Off-season. Ajay won't change much..

aria

Reaction score
So he may be dead and may not get carries but we should've started the season with him.
Precisely. Or Morris and Pollard and draft a RB in the later rounds next year like almost every other team.

Here’s a better idea, we pay a RB top dollar to a multi year contract who didn’t show up to work with 2 years left on his contract, demanded to be paid as the highest paid RB, has already shown signs of slowing down, has had several off the field issues, routinely doesn’t show up in big games and who’s presence has not made one single difference in any of our wins this year with the exception of Philthy who I would give most of that credit to the O line. That sounds like a typical Jerry move but he has learned his lesson...oh wait, no he didn’t he caved like the chump GM he is.

As I’ve already told you, more and more people are starting to realize how dumb it was to give Zeke that contract, you’ll get there eventually if you ever stop making excuses for him.

aria

Reaction score
And I’m sure you’ll be pissed off and moaning if Zeke does perform against the Lions.

It’s just weird to hear moronic Dak haters bemoan his good games and talk **** when he struggles. Same with Zeke. Bunch of loser fans, I tell ya! But hey, if ya sleep better at night....
Po’d and moan? Lol, hardly, but I’ll say about him as the same as the rest of this team after they beat one of the worst defenses in the league, 3rd worst to be specific. Which is that I expect him to have a huge game of 100+ yards easily, I expect Dak to have a huge game and I expect our defense to have a huge game and when that happens I won’t be impressed since I’m taking the quality of opponent into account.

It’s almost as if delusional fans like you have no idea who we play or what other teams are doing. You were probably one of the ones screaming Super Bowl and Kellen Moore is the next McVay after our first three games because you don’t take into account who we played. You were probably on cloud 9 thinking we turned the corner after beating the Giants the second time. You also probably think the season is over because we barely lost to MN and the Saints. It’s really pathetic how much of a reality check you need.....or meds.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It is being reported that Jordan Howard has a stinger in his shoulder and can't play against the Patriots. Darren Sproles was put on IR today. So that basically left the Eagles with 2 RBs available for the Patriots' game (Miles Sanders and Boston Scott). I guess the Eagles figure if they can get a game or 2 out of Ajayi before he completely blows out his knee then that will buy them time for Jordan Howard to get healthy.

That would explain if, the Eagles wins have come off of being able to run the ball, including games where Wentz has thrown for less than 200 yards. Their success depends just as much on the running game as ever.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
They keep going back and forth with players. They get rid of them by replacing them with older has beens, then the older has beens get hurt and they have to call back the 1st set of has beens or is that 2nd set. I'm confused. :lmao:

Bringing back DeSean Jackson and Sproles hasn't worked out for them due to injury. Like there is some coming back to play for the Eagles curse going on.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He would look better than Zeke … ? You say this based on what? The one strong season he had 3 years and several injuries and surgeries ago?

Ask yourself this - if Ajayi has that much to offer, why have 32 NFL teams not seen it, and left him sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring?

If you followed Ajayi like I have...then you would know he was recovering from knee surgery....he's had a lot of workouts/visits...he was just looking for the right opportunity w/ a contender. I can't blame him. Seems to be working for him...since he's got one super bowl ring to his credit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Heard the same thing about CJ Anderson. I think paired with Pollard he would have been fine and we certainly would have won our first 3 games with or without Zeke and obviously the next two didn’t matter.

In 2016 he had almost 1300 yards, I hardly consider that not reaching average. In 2017 he helped the Eagles win a Super Bowl, only played 7 games, and averaged 5.8 yards per carry (6.3 against the Patriots). I’m not saying he is an every down back but it’s been shown time and time again you don’t need an every down back to win games. I hardly doubt our record would be any different right now with Zeke and Pollard or Pollard and Ajayi splitting carries.

We would have also saved a boatload of money and not be strapped into a contract with a declining RB who has off the field issues.
That is how I see it , imagine cj could have done well here too but the jones boys like their guys.........until they dont lol