The Eagles Process vs The Cowboys Process

lukin2006

Reaction score
Philly has the same GM that was with the team when it was going 4-12, 7-9 twice, and 8-8. In his time as GM (2010 to the present) he has just 1 more regular season win than the Cowboys do over the same period.

Well our GM has 30 years experience and hasn't done anything for 20 years. Clearly their GM learns and adjust.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Interesting read... love an aggressive, smart front office. Hate that it's the Eagles.

The Cowboys FO is way too passive IMO. We either are too optimistic about our own players (SEE Tight End and Safety) or poor at self-evaluation. Smart teams use all avenues of talent acquisition. Building through the draft should be the basis of your strategy, but not your only strategy.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/...rson-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-carson-wentz

Flame on!
I have no interest in reading any kind of historical equivalence between the Cowboys and Eagles. Cowboys have 5 World Championships. Eagles 1. It’s an insult if you ask me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well our GM has 30 years experience and hasn't done anything for 20 years. Clearly their GM learns and adjust.

And our GM won 3 Super Bowls early in his career as GM. Where does that get us today?

At the end of the day, time will tell, but for now the Eagles had one outstanding year and won it all. We don't know yet if they are going to be perennial contenders going forward, or if they will go into a long slump in a year or two.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Garrett loses that game last night. I would trade coaches and staff right now with the Eagles. Missing a starting LB, QB, and WR, they played poorly and still found a way to win. Wins is all that matter at the end of the day.
Garrett loss his starting QB during the preseason and went 13-3 with a 4th round rookie QB. The very next season JG loss his starting RB, 2LBs and LT for several games and went 9-7. Go ahead and reply that JG had nothing to do with it.....

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah, thats a defensible position coming off a super bowl win. :lmao: If he's not a good coach, then who the heck is? Is Belechek the only good coach? Pederson has already accomplished more than most coaches will in their lifetime.

I mean Bill bilichick has a Super Bowl win. I don't think he was a good coach. He had a hell of a team.

Dre11

Reaction score
Smart and aggressive

Vs

Stupid and passive

Hmm....
Wonder who will come out on top :(

When Jerry was aggressive, everyone wanted him to passive, now that he doesn't gamble, they want him aggressive again...lol Eagles gambled on some players and worked. Ajai, Blount,Jeffries, Smith

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Eagles have been way more successful than us this century. I hate it but it's the truth. Now what are the Cowboys going to do about it?

visionary

Reaction score
When Jerry was aggressive, everyone wanted him to passive, now that he doesn't gamble, they want him aggressive again...lol Eagles gambled on some players and worked. Ajai, Blount,Jeffries, Smith

I think you don't know the meaning of the word "smart "

Look it up

Verdict

Reaction score
They won.. see the post below. Embarrassing how some Cowboy fans are so smug living off of the 90's glory hole

Yes. They won. They looked bad doing it and if Mattie Ice hadn't choked it off they would be 0 and 1.

You can't deny that they are 1 and 0 and it counts in the record books. On the other hand to pretend that they looked like some well oiled machine doing it is pure folly.

The Eagles are living off of their front 4 on defense right now. They are very good. They will be an entirely different team if Fletcher Cox gets hurt and goes to IR. He is the real deal.

It would be a tough matchup if one of our strengths (FredBeard) is out or not at full speed for that game.

As a side note, Ajayi looked like twice the back that Sproles was last night and Sproles started over him. That was a piss poor decision on behalf of their coaching staff, but I hope it continues.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This same question could have been asked with the teams being reversed, the previous 57 years before the eagles finally caught lightening in a bottle last season.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I have no interest in reading any kind of historical equivalence between the Cowboys and Eagles. Cowboys have 5 World Championships. Eagles 1. It’s an insult if you ask me.

Believe you're still america's team.
Even if you haven't won anything this century.
Just keep saying 5 rings.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Yep..

You have a championship base but you never fill in all of the holes through Free Agency like it was intended to be used for.

Oh well.. We'll continue to be Next Years team.

I agree. It seems like with Stephen we are paying for the sins of his father. I agree with his philosophy of building through the draft. I read the other day that the average team spends 50% of their salary cap on the first 10 players. That leaves 43 guys to pay with the other 50%. Most realistic fans know you can't go out and spend 90 million on a free agent with guys coming up for contracts soon. With that said the Cowboys are the bottom feeders of free agency who can't even seem to land a decent starter in FA. Not a stud, just a solid starter, but it's all or nothing. Last year all of the F.A.'s signed were gone by week 4. Unless you have multiple all time drafts several years in a row your constantly playing catch up.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Interesting read... love an aggressive, smart front office. Hate that it's the Eagles.

The Cowboys FO is way too passive IMO. We either are too optimistic about our own players (SEE Tight End and Safety) or poor at self-evaluation. Smart teams use all avenues of talent acquisition. Building through the draft should be the basis of your strategy, but not your only strategy.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/...rson-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-carson-wentz

Flame on!

Let's not forget our process is one lets Barry Church walk out of here for not wanting to pay 6m per season.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Believe you're still america's team.
Even if you haven't won anything this century.
Just keep saying 5 rings.
On the bright side, if the eagles win two more super bowls they'll be tied for last place in the division..............we do appreciate the eagles small contribution to the NFCE Lombardi collection.

Dre11

Reaction score
I think you don't know the meaning of the word "smart "

Look it up

It doesn't takes smarts to gamble. The Eagles didn't know AJai would be good there, he was an issue in Miami. Blount was thought to be done.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
It doesn't takes smarts to gamble. The Eagles didn't know AJai would be good there, he was an issue in Miami. Blount was thought to be done.
Yep, the eagles thought ajayi might not be good, and blount is done, so lets sign 'em, makes sense

Oh BTW since ajayi isn't good, lets give'em a 4th round pick