The effects of relying on unreliable people

rags747

Reaction score
Oh Please with this repeated Fake News nonsense. Amazing how everyone is able to call the Lotto #’s after the #’s have already been announced. Much talent!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The point is it's not uncommon or exclusive to Dallas. It's a numbers game. It's not a defense, it's reality. Sorry it's over your head.

By purposely neglecting the rest of the league you are not in full possession of the facts and that's disingenuous. Almost like it needs to fit your narrative.
You can discuss the rest of the league if you like. It’s not a discussion I’m interested in.

Sounds like your trying to dictate the narrative too bringing other teams into the discussion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Risk is inherent in the NFL from the draft to FA to contracts to hiring GM's to hiring HC's. It is not a risk management business with little penalty for failing, they all make money regardless of poor risks.

The Raiders will make money and they've blown the team to hell and are getting ready to move. Talk about risk. Moving the team to a town where most are asleep at the first kickoff and a 10 year X 10M guaranteed HC contract and allowing him to jettison some of the best players.

There are the risks like Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee and the risks like Randy Gregory and Dez Bryant. Since we really don't know what players they would have selected over them, and Bryant did pay off with baby sitting, we don't know how that would have worked out. Some assume they would have picked perennial pb players instead and I do not.

I have 0 problem with the risk taking, even in the 2nd when they need players on the field, because Booger's mindset with these risks is always on the long term payout. One thing that did change for the better with him is that he stopped that "must win now" mentality that really set the team back.
That’s fine but if they don’t work out then they need to be held accountable . And in Jerry’s case he’s not held accountable so we’re only left with criticism . Not sure why that’s a problem for some fans calling it out?

Jerry doesn’t care if we bash him. Only some fans. Lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You can discuss the rest of the league if you like. It’s not a discussion I’m interested in.

Sounds like your trying to dictate the narrative too bringing other teams into the discussion.
Oh I'm sure that's what it seems like to you, but that isn't accurate. I don't really care what you're interested in discussing. This is a forum, not your personal billboard. Ignoring that taking risky players is typical league wide is ignorant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh Please with this repeated Fake News nonsense. Amazing how everyone is able to call the Lotto #’s after the #’s have already been announced. Much talent!
This is what we do on a fan forum is play Monday Morning QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure that's what it seems like to you, but that isn't accurate. I don't really care what you're interested in discussing. This is a forum, not your personal billboard. Ignoring that taking risky players is typical league wide is ignorant.
I didn’t ignore it. It’s just not pertinent to the discussion.

Just because other teams take risk doesn’t excuse our volume and failures in risk taking.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I didn’t ignore it. It’s just not pertinent to the discussion.

Just because other teams take risk doesn’t excuse our failures in risk taking.
Lol, it's relevant even if you don't want it to be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol, it's relevant even if you don't want it to be.
It might be to you. And if we do then it even paints a worse picture for us.

To me it’s like saying everyone does it but it’s ok if we do it more and have had less success at it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you’re ok with the high volume of risks we’ve taken in recent years that’s fine as long as you’re willing to admit it’s a contributing factor why we haven’t had more success.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It might be to you. And if we do then it even paints a worse picture for us.

To me it’s like saying everyone does it but it’s ok if we do it more and have had less success at it.
Yeah, you don't get it. Now you're making things up.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I challenge you to present a list showing how many teams have taken as many risk as we have on problem players with suspensions .
Lol, and now you're moving the goalposts. Good lord, you STILL aren't getting it. It's simply a matter of taking risky players. For various reasons. There's a list a mile long, look for yourself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol, and now you're moving the goalposts. Good lord, you STILL aren't getting it. It's simply a matter of taking risky players. For various reasons. There's a list a mile long, look for yourself.
You’re the one who presented it as a defense for the Cowboys taking risk and then threw a fit cause they redirected the question.

I didn’t initially even respond to you cause I knew it would be a dead end. I was commenting on the other members response to you. But here we are.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You’re the one who presented it as a defense for the Cowboys taking risk and then threw a fit cause they redirected the question.

I didn’t initially even respond to you cause I knew it would be a dead end. I was commenting on the other members response to you. But here we are.
Wrong. I'm not defending Dallas. You have problems reading.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Nearly all teams do. Unless you use the gift of hindsight, all teams take risky players. Some turn things around and some don't.

That's EXACTLY what I said. The only difference is most teams don't risk 1st and 2nd rnd picks on those type of players.