The Elite QB Farce

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I've said yes many times and truthfully if people don't see this they're just being homers. This point doesn't really have to do with Dak specifically but any player. Most players don't keep going up and up and up. Hell even in real life if you lift weights or do most activities you don't just keep improving year after year after year. That's life in most cases. Dak has been here 4 going on 5 years and his main troubles were troubles that were in his scouting report but y'all think he's magically going to improve them on a full time basis now? That's blind hope than anything based in reality. He does it for some time then usually when playing a better team at least last year it went back to the same stuff outside the Vikings and first Eagles game. I don't believe in pumping sunshine to not look like a "hater" when none of what I post has any influence on if Dak or any other player improves their game. For fandom sake I hope y'all are right and we can have less discussions about duke. Just because I know he's currently average and say so doesn't make any of y'all any better fans because some seem to want to wish and not speak about the bad problems away.
That's so far from the truth it's laughable.

Let me ask you a question, when did Romo reach his ceiling?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That's so far from the truth it's laughable.

Let me ask you a question, when did Romo reach his ceiling?
Expletive your outlier claims show the proof that most players keep going up and up and up. I think Romo stopped his big improvements around the same time Dak did like his 4/5 year starting. He did something different here and there but I didn't see any big changes in his game after around the point Dak is at now. Hell his stats even show as much too if you care to look at them. I do wish you people that are super on Daks cleats stop with the lazy mention of Romo every expletive time Dak is mentioned. That's that lazy low education stuff seriously. Can't y'all have a defense that doesn't bring up Romo consistently?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Expletive your outlier claims show the proof that most players keep going up and up and up. I think Romo stopped his big improvements around the same time Dak did like his 4/5 year starting. He did something different here and there but I didn't see any big changes in his game after around the point Dak is at now. Hell his stats even show as much too if you care to look at them. I do wish you people that are super on Daks cleats stop with the lazy mention of Romo every expletive time Dak is mentioned. That's that lazy low education stuff seriously. Can't y'all have a defense that doesn't bring up Romo consistently?
So Romo 4/5 year starting, which actually means 7/8 years in the league and developing........ also Romo even said he was getting better by learning how to throw from different angles, that was after his 4/5 years starting.

We use Romo as an example because he was the last Cowboys starter that was good.

To say players reach their ceiling at 4 years is do completely untrue. Do you think Dak improved at all from year 3 to year 4? I heard the same dumb argument from you haters then, that Dak had reach his ceiling. Y'all were wrong then and still wrong now

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So Romo 4/5 year starting, which actually means 7/8 years in the league and developing........ also Romo even said he was getting better by learning how to throw from different angles, that was after his 4/5 years starting.

We use Romo as an example because he was the last Cowboys starter that was good.

To say players reach their ceiling at 4 years is do completely untrue. Do you think Dak improved at all from year 3 to year 4? I heard the same dumb argument from you haters then, that Dak had reach his ceiling. Y'all were wrong then and still wrong now
I don't give a flip what romo said the on the field play said differently and unless you're going to say you believe everything anyone says spare me that bs. Like I also said he improved on little things here and there so whats your point? I never said they stop improving completely. I said the major improvements. You people have to get out of your feelings. Again I know your type like to overuse hate but what do I "hate" about Dak besides he's average? No I don't think Dak improved much. He's who he has always been an inaccurate dude that can play good sometimes. What changed?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy G threw 8 passes. This thread delivers.
And add Tannehill's games against NE and BAL.

On the other side is KC and Mahomes.

Both serve to show us that there are different ways to go about building a true contender but both have the same thing in common, there must be a blueprint, a plan to build by.

One final four team had an elite QB and won and the other lost with the other two teams with mid tier QB's like Prescott.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My actions suggest what I say and he is average. I know you are of sub par understanding so that's a hard thing for you to understand but you and the other Dak cannibals can't change my tune. If I'm a duck to a nobody online and most likely IRL so be it. Now what? Let me guess more post about looking for allies like a real housewife? Why would I hate Dak? You limited education people have to stop using hate because I don't tow your company clapping of the man. If you think he's awesome great who said you can't be wrong? Lastly my low football education friend if you'd just stalk my interactions a little bit harder you'd see you're a liar because when Dak was balling I gave him all the props. Like most of your ilk you only see what you want to see to make your small online arguments win. You need this stuff because once you log off you know reality is a mean word for you.
Yep you think he is average yet align yourself and constantly like posts from people who are Dak trolls. You don’t argue with them when they say he sucks and get them to try an understand he is actually average. Nope, just love to click “like” on Pappy’s posts. Nobody but Dak haters are buying your BS, liar.

And you keep question people’s education as if you are educated. You write like a *******. I bet some college is your max education level and you’re a dropout. That’s my guess. If you have graduated college the standards have dropped lower than I thought.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

In 2014, Rodgers was teaching Romo how to use his hips and throw at the freaking Pro Bowl. I bet Rodgers was wondering what the hell was up with the guy. And that was after Romo’s best season thanks to Murray taking the load off his shoulders.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yep you think he is average yet align yourself and constantly like posts from people who are Dak trolls. You don’t argue with them when they say he sucks and get them to try an understand he is actually average. Nope, just love to click “like” on Pappy’s posts. Nobody but Dak haters are buying your BS, liar.

And you keep question people’s education as if you are educated. You write like a *******. I bet some college is your max education level and you’re a dropout. That’s my guess. If you have graduated college the standards have dropped lower than I thought.
You like post going against me so we all do the same thing so spare me the high ground bs. You don't argue with pro Dak people either so again whats your point sir? I can write like whatever but you can't afford where I graduated from and most realistically nobody in your whole entire family can but hey you still have I write like a whatever you posted. Straight cash homie no college debt ha

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You like post going against me so we all do the same thing so spare me the high ground bs. You don't argue with pro Dak people either so again whats your point sir? I can write like whatever but you can't afford where I graduated from and most realistically nobody in your whole entire family can but hey you still have I write like a whatever you posted. Straight cash homie no college debt ha
Well I don’t hide behind some lame “I don’t hate Dak I think he is average” bull crap lie though all while hating on Dak. I actually like Dak and think he has been a tremendous value for the franchise at a 4th round comp draft pick and $4 million dollar salary cost.

And here you go with this you’re rich BS. People who are rich, don’t get on internet boards and boast about it. Losers do what you are doing claiming you’re so smart, you’ve got money, yada yada yada. Same lame BS from you, Walter Mitty.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Well I don’t hide behind some lame “I don’t hate Dak I think he is average” bull crap lie though all while hating on Dak. I actually like Dak and think he has been a tremendous value for the franchise at a 4th round comp draft pick and $4 million dollar salary cost.

And here you go with this you’re rich BS. People who are rich, don’t get on internet boards and boast about it. Losers do what you are doing claiming you’re so smart, you’ve got money, yada yada yada. Same lame BS from you, Walter Mitty.
Of course you don't hide behind the you think he's average because you're a Dak groupie. It wouldn't make sense if you thought like I did about him. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

How would know what "rich" people do outside of some generations older person than me? Its not like you're one of them. You claimed I wasn't educated so I replied back with most likely the reality about you not being able to afford it or let alone get in where I graduated from and now I'm at fault. Typical. You want me to be a loser so what you're saying is true but reality doesn't seem to care about your claims. Life isn't fair I won a genetics lottery and I won't apologize for it because you didn't.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Of course you don't hide behind the you think he's average because you're a Dak groupie. It wouldn't make sense if you thought like I did about him. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

How would know what "rich" people do outside of some generations older person than me? Its not like you're one of them. You claimed I wasn't educated so I replied back with most likely the reality about you not being able to afford it or let alone get in where I graduated from and now I'm at fault. Typical. You want me to be a loser so what you're saying is true but reality doesn't seem to care about your claims. Life isn't fair I won a genetics lottery and I won't apologize for it because you didn't.
Lol. You’re such a know-it-all, Ricky Schroder. I don’t believe you, BTW. Oh and you didn’t hit any genetics lottery regardless if your parents have money. They created a downright crappy human being.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I've said yes many times and truthfully if people don't see this they're just being homers. This point doesn't really have to do with Dak specifically but any player. Most players don't keep going up and up and up. Hell even in real life if you lift weights or do most activities you don't just keep improving year after year after year. That's life in most cases. Dak has been here 4 going on 5 years and his main troubles were troubles that were in his scouting report but y'all think he's magically going to improve them on a full time basis now? That's blind hope than anything based in reality. He does it for some time then usually when playing a better team at least last year it went back to the same stuff outside the Vikings and first Eagles game. I don't believe in pumping sunshine to not look like a "hater" when none of what I post has any influence on if Dak or any other player improves their game. For fandom sake I hope y'all are right and we can have less discussions about duke. Just because I know he's currently average and say so doesn't make any of y'all any better fans because some seem to want to wish and not speak about the bad problems away.

your argument, and please correct me if I misunderstood, is that most players, and Dak in particular, are unable to improve in areas that were known opportunities in their scouting report. Those concerns are innate to them as players and are unlikely or even incapable, of changing them.

In Dak’s case, his rookie year was the pinnacle of his career and when he he was at the height of his powers and coaching and experience are unlikely to make a difference or result in much improvement

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol. You’re such a know-it-all, Ricky Schroder. I don’t believe you, BTW.
I've knew you felt that way hence why you stay quoting me. It doesn't matter if you believe me sir. It doesn't change the facts so you not believing it means what? Don't you too wish your family gave you a "silver spoon"?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
your argument, and please correct me if I misunderstood, is that most players, and Dak in particular, are unable to improve in areas that were known opportunities in their scouting report. Those concerns are innate to them as players and are unlikely or even incapable, of changing them.

In Dak’s case, his rookie year was the pinnacle of his career and when he he was at the height of his powers and coaching and experience are unlikely to make a difference or result in much improvement
I will correct you because you mixed and matched what I said. I never said nobody can improve from their scouting report sir. If that's what you thought no that's not what I meant or think I said to be honest. I said a lot of Daks problems are problems that he had on his scouting report.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I've knew you felt that way hence why you stay quoting me. It doesn't matter if you believe me sir. It doesn't change the facts so you not believing it means what? Don't you too wish your family gave you a "silver spoon"?
No, I don’t wish my family gave me a silver spoon. I am totally satisfied with my life just the way it is and I don’t need to brag about it to strangers on an internet message board in an attempt to belittle someone they are arguing with. Someone who you actually have no idea what their net worth is all while acting as if everyone here is poor and you just happen to be the only person with some wealth and education. It screams of low class

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've seen so much of that here. "Got to have an elite QB" and "can't get it done without that elite QB".

The only thing I agree with is that the Cowboys do not have an elite QB and he probably won't ever be considered that.

Brady, Brees, Wilson, Jackson, Watson all have been mentioned with as that old guard elite or the new guard. Mahomes is in that group and along with Rodgers, the only ones left in the playoffs and is Rodgers there because he's played elite this season or is it the RB and DE's? And the fact that Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring doesn't seem to matter.

Did you catch Brees, Jackson, Wilson and Watson trying to lift their teams? Or did you catch Tannehill in his last two playoff games with <200 yards? Which is it better to have? The QB to lift the team or the team to support the QB? Ask Brady, Brees, Wilson, Jackson and Watson.

This is not about Prescott, it is about every team has to build around the QB and Brees, Rodgers and Wilson are proof. Elway was elite and he wouldn't have any rings if not for a HC and RB and an offensive philosophical change..

Roger and Troy had to have teams around them, same with Starr, Bradshaw, Montana and Brady wasn't that bad this season, the team around him wasn't the usual standard.

It's one thing we've seen, different kinds of teams can do it different ways, there isn't just one template. Get that elite QB and ride the wave. This isn't baseball when they can ride a pitcher or two.

I do not think if the Cowboys had any of those elite QB's this season, it would have been much different.
I got some flack because I said McCarthy should focus on building the team around the ground game and the defense because for some reason that was seen as knocking Dak, when in actuality it was what I wanted the entire time Romo was here too. Taking pressure off your QB to have to win every, single, game, is not a bad thing. Give me an "elite" defense and running game and I'll beat your "elite" QB/passing attack 7 times out of 10.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got some flack because I said McCarthy should focus on building the team around the ground game and the defense because for some reason that was seen as knocking Dak, when in actuality it was what I wanted the entire time Romo was here too. Taking pressure off your QB to have to win every, single, game, is not a bad thing. Give me an "elite" defense and running game and I'll beat your "elite" QB/passing attack 7 times out of 10.
Preaching to the choir, nate.

All of this hoopla over the elite QB's has taken the focus off football. Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Wilson will not be in Miami. Mahomes is a different kind of elite and I can honestly say I've never seen one quite like him. However, there is only one of him and I don't see another like him in college coming out soon either.

Mahomes is the perfect pairing with a HC, the only one I've seen like it was Walsh/Montana. It goes beyond executing the offense, it elevates it to beyond even the HC's expectations.

This "we gotta have an elite QB" doesn't take into consideration there are so few and the last one I saw close to this one was in Miami and Shula built the offense around him and I can't fault him for that.

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No, I don’t wish my family gave me a silver spoon. I am totally satisfied with my life just the way it is and I don’t need to brag about it to strangers on an internet message board in an attempt to belittle someone they are arguing with. Someone who you actually have no idea what their net worth is all while acting as if everyone here is poor and you just happen to be the only person with some wealth and education. It screams of low class
You don't seem satisfied from your post on here sir. I didn't brag about nothing sir. I said you seem like abc and you got heated. I can't belittle anybody sir. I don't have an idea outside of context clues and I don't act as if everyone is poor. That's a another trick you people use. The I'm talking about you but you make it about everyone to gain sympathy routine. Well if you say its low class maybe it is because that's something you know about so I'll work on being more "high class". I'm not a fossil so if you stupidly believe every person with money esp someone that's young is going to act like someone again decades older just goes to show you how clueless you are on this topic.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Preaching to the choir, nate.

All of this hoopla over the elite QB's has taken the focus off football. Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Wilson will not be in Miami. Mahomes is a different kind of elite and I can honestly say I've never seen one quite like him. However, there is only one of him and I don't see another like him in college coming out soon either.

Mahomes is the perfect pairing with a HC, the only one I've seen like it was Walsh/Montana. It goes beyond executing the offense, it elevates it to beyond even the HC['s expectations.

This "we gotta have an elite QB" doesn't take into consideration there are so few and the last one I saw close to this one was in Miami and Shula built the offense around him and I can't fault him for that.
Agreed on Mahomes. Perfect matching of offensive scheme and hyper-talented QB. He's on an island all his own right now.