The end of Dak is coming

rambo2

Reaction score
This is a great, detailed post, but I have one question.

If Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and a star running back/running game.... how was he able to become 2nd team All Pro without a star running back and probably the weakest running game offensively of his career?

Our running game didn't benefit him at all during his best season as a NFL quarterback.
Throw in that he is about to get 58 to 62 million a year which is supply and demand. The market rate.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a great, detailed post, but I have one question.

If Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and a star running back/running game.... how was he able to become 2nd team All Pro without a star running back and probably the weakest running game offensively of his career?

Our running game didn't benefit him at all during his best season as a NFL quarterback.
Dak faced the weakest pass defense DVOA schedule in the league last year. Literally dead last. It's not a coincidence he had his best year and got his first all pro.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak faced the weakest pass defense DVOA schedule in the league last year. Literally dead last. It's not a coincidence he had his best year and got his first all pro.
It won't matter to the marketplace.....he will find a team that will pay.

For the folks that are "Dak before team" they should want him to get to an organization that has a better roster.....it's not gonna be that way here for the near future.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
While I I disagree with most of your post I do think we might actually be looking at Dak’s last year here which is crazy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dallas needs $30 million in cap to start the season.

Where could they find that money?

HInt: Daks 2024 base salary is $29 million.
You do realize if Dak is cut his cap jumps to $66M.

Keep looking for the money somewhere else.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
So a 30yo QB probably has about 5 productive years left in the NFL? Went way out on a limb on that one eh?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

2023 NFL MVP runner-up.

IMG-0486.gif

Jipper

Reaction score
It won't matter to the marketplace.....he will find a team that will pay.

For the folks that are "Dak before team" they should want him to get to an organization that has a better roster.....it's not gonna be that way here for the near future.
of course he will find a place to play becuase he is a better than average qb that has issues in big moments. Lots of teams out there that would just be happy to have a qb that could get them to the WC round

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

every time Dak breaks the pocket I think of Jason Witten and how slow he was

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

My problem with Dak ?
He is a good player wanting to be paid like a great player.
With a Salary Cap, you cant do that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny....they have announce we won't have a starter. It will be a committee.
I almost cursed on here I swear!!!!! You can tell who's the starter by how they practice, when they do drills the STARTER always goes first. May not be everyone's opinion just mine, but we all know Zeke will be the starter when really he shouldn't be, I'd rather see more of rico