The end of Dak is coming

starfan1

Reaction score
We’ve accomplished 4 division titles and have been in the playoff hunt practically every season with him. We’ve won a lot of games and he’s given us a chance. Look around the league and see the teams that are struggling every season, sitting home for the playoffs because of their QB situation. We can go get a couple of new QBs and we could end up stuck in that pattern for the next several years or longer.
the ABD crew is a nonstop comedy show. I dont care if someone elses under center but these fools act like its plug and play then SB here we come.Dak has been stellar just not in the playoffs. But he has had help in the futility department

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you are joking.
Nope. You said "The front office continues to ignore the most important position on the field."

They just spent a 4th round pick on a QB they had a 2nd round grade on. I wouldn't call that ignoring........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nope, was happy when D.Ware did it in Denver...No meltdown here...
DWare wasn’t our starting QB. HUGE difference between a pass rusher moving on and winning a championship than your starting QB moving on and winning a championship.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why? I still don't get it. What have the Cowboys accomplished in his 8 seasons in Dallas that will be so valuably missed? Turn the page and move on. Go get a couple of new QB's and play some football.

If they don't work out, then it won't be any different than if Dak were still a Cowboy because we already know there won't be any super bowls in Dallas with Dak. By extending Dak, you have killed any chance of building a team around him because he will stupidly become the highest paid player in the history of the league.
Oh no! Are you trying to stir up some trouble with KJJ? You know you won't get the last word in, right? lol.

Besides, there is not another player in College or the NFL that is as great as Dak.

Blitzen

Reaction score
We’ve accomplished 4 division titles and have been in the playoff hunt practically every season with him. We’ve won a lot of games and he’s given us a chance. Look around the league and see the teams that are struggling every season, sitting home for the playoffs because of their QB situation. We can go get a couple of new QBs and we could end up stuck in that pattern for the next several years or longer. That would lead to some very depressing seasons.

I do enjoy these imaginary legions of all pro teams that are just missing a decent QB, so they can drag themselves up from the depths. Lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
the ABD crew is a nonstop comedy show. I dont care if someone elses under center but these fools act like its plug and play then SB here we come.Dak has been stellar just not in the playoffs. But he has had help in the futility department
Some think missing the playoffs is no worse than making the playoffs and going one and out. At least making the playoffs leads to an enjoyable regular season and gives you a chance. It’s pretty funny how many fans believe all we need to do is draft a QB in the first round and BINGO! :rolleyes:

Blitzen

Reaction score
Why? I still don't get it. What have the Cowboys accomplished in his 8 seasons in Dallas that will be so valuably missed? Turn the page and move on. Go get a couple of new QB's and play some football.

If they don't work out, then it won't be any different than if Dak were still a Cowboy because we already know there won't be any super bowls in Dallas with Dak. By extending Dak, you have killed any chance of building a team around him because he will stupidly become the highest paid player in the history of the league.

You do not simply replace the greatness that is Dak Prescott. He’s epic.

starfan1

Reaction score
Some think missing the playoffs is no worse than making the playoffs and going one and out. At least making the playoffs leads to an enjoyable regular season and gives you a chance. It’s pretty funny how many fans believe all we need to do is draft a QB in the first round and BINGO! :rolleyes:
ya alot of Patrick mahomes envy!

Blitzen

Reaction score

Literally no poster has made the jump to SB with a new QB inserted. If the team’s SB chances are zero with the incumbent, then it’s natural to go with an unknown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ya alot of Patrick mahomes envy!
The fans here act like finding another Mahomes will be easy. It took KC over 40 years to find a QB good enough for them to win another championship. It was 42 years from the time Len Dawson retired for the Chiefs to land Mahomes. KC went though a lot of duds over those years.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak walks we run the risk of having the worst QB situation in the division. If anyone responds that we already do, you need to go find another agenda or take up standup comedy.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
This is Crap, worse than crap everyone put your boots on

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
31510528.jpg

:muttley:
If he walks you’ll have to find something else to spend your entire day or take your tiring agenda to a fan board of his next team.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not good for rebuilding, which is what we need now,

jujoboys

Reaction score
Nope. You said "The front office continues to ignore the most important position on the field."

They just spent a 4th round pick on a QB they had a 2nd round grade on. I wouldn't call that ignoring........
You really don't understand the concept of making a real investment into the QB position if you think overpaying (4th round pick) for a QB on his way out of the league or headed to career backup status is the way to fill the starting QB position. The 49ers said they were shocked we offered a 4th round pick because no other team was offering anything near that. The draft grade we had on Lance was from several years ago really didn't matter because he had already been on the field with a much better team (49ers) and coach (Shanahan) and failed. Investing in the QB position is taking a guy in the draft when no one expects you to and even though you have a starting QB already. Kind of like the Falcons with Penix and the Packers when they had ARod and took Love. The move for Lance was reactive and desperate. They should be more proactive in their approach. I give them a pass in this year's draft because all of the good QBs were gone by pick 12. However, they need to start drafting QBs whether they extend Dak or not. If Lance does end up being the answer then still draft a QB. Invest in the most valuable position on any team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes we will take our bumps etc etc, but at some point we will find another!
At some point could be a decade from now and the next one won’t likely get us any farther than the last two if don’t build a better overall team and defense.