The end of Dak is coming

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm confused.

The end of Dak is near?.....In five seasons?

Five seasons is almost twice the length of the average NFL career. If he has already played 8 seasons then you are saying that he still has over a third of his career left to play.

As to whether those years will be spent as a Cowboy, I believe that has more to do with this franchise's irrational method of finding a single functional quarterback and then freezing the entire process of acquiring QB talent until the starting QB retires or dies of old age.

It doesn't matter whether they resign Dak or not if they are just going to repeat the same mistake a third (or is it a fourth) time. The inflated salary is product of no competition or viable alternative in conjunction with no solid plan or process to develop a competitive environment.

The Cowboys have been here now for 64 NFL seasons.

During the first 32 years of the Cowboys existence, they drafted 27 QB's and it was from those ranks that the Cowboys participated in ten NFL championship games, including 8 Super Bowl.

During the last 32 years the Cowboys have drafted 6 QB's comprised by one 2nd round pick, three 4th round picks, a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick, the last two being most recent. That is beyond pathetic. Results are often associated with the amount of effort put into something.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the 2024 season is the end for Dak, better brace yourselves for some lean years unless we get real lucky with our next QB. The majority of this fan base will be so euphoric to see him go the champagne will be flowing like a river the day he walks. Fans will be dancing in the street as if the Cowboys just won the SB. lol We’ll see how long the celebrating lasts if we get stuck moving on from one QB to the next for who knows how long trying to find one that’s at least as good as Dak. While we’re playing musical chairs at QB missing the playoffs every year, Dak may end up with a more competent organization and end up winning a championship. I can only image the mega meltdown amongst Cowboys Nation watching Dak hoisting the Lombardi trophy for another team while we were sitting home for the playoffs. Better be careful what you wish for. :thumbup:

Blitzen

Reaction score
2023 NFL MVP runner-up.

IMG-0486.gif

LOL-just shout Murica!

davidr295

Reaction score
2023 NFL MVP runner-up.

IMG-0486.gif
That statement is misleading. Lamar got 49 1st place votes, the only other QB to get a 1st place vote is Allen, so technically Allen was the runner-up for 1st place MVP. Dak did get the most 2nd place votes beating out McCaffrey by 5 votes.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually think it 50/50 whether Dak begins the season here. He may finish his contract.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm confused.

The end of Dak is near?.....In five seasons?

Five seasons is almost twice the length of the average NFL career. If he has already played 8 seasons then you are saying that he still has over a third of his career left to play.

As to whether those years will be spent as a Cowboy, I believe that has more to do with this franchise's irrational method of finding a single functional quarterback and then freezing the entire process of acquiring QB talent until the starting QB retires or dies of old age.

It doesn't matter whether they resign Dak or not if they are just going to repeat the same mistake a third (or is it a fourth) time. The inflated salary is product of no competition or viable alternative in conjunction with no solid plan or process to develop a competitive environment.

The Cowboys have been here now for 64 NFL seasons.

During the first 32 years of the Cowboys existence, they drafted 27 QB's and it was from those ranks that the Cowboys participated in ten NFL championship games, including 8 Super Bowl.

During the last 32 years the Cowboys have drafted 6 QB's comprised by one 2nd round pick, three 4th round picks, a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick, the last two being most recent. That is beyond pathetic. Results are often associated with the amount of effort put into something.
IN 5 seasons Micah was almost in the league, it's been longer than 5 seasons or maybe i'm reading what you're saying wrong. It's time to rid the excuses

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the 2024 season is the end for Dak, better brace yourselves for some lean years
Why? I still don't get it. What have the Cowboys accomplished in his 8 seasons in Dallas that will be so valuably missed? Turn the page and move on. Go get a couple of new QB's and play some football.

If they don't work out, then it won't be any different than if Dak were still a Cowboy because we already know there won't be any super bowls in Dallas with Dak. By extending Dak, you have killed any chance of building a team around him because he will stupidly become the highest paid player in the history of the league.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak would be insane to demand a trade. Regardless of how horrible he plays he is getting paid and making a lot of money in endorsements simply by virtue of being the starting qb for thr Cowboys. What other franchise is going to pay him for non performance when it matters?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why? I still don't get it. What have the Cowboys accomplished in his 8 seasons in Dallas that will be so valuably missed? Turn the page and move on. Go get a couple of new QB's and play some football.

If they don't work out, then it won't be any different than if Dak were still a Cowboy because we already know there won't be any super bowls in Dallas with Dak. By extending Dak, you have killed any chance of building a team around him because he will stupidly become the highest paid player in the history of the league.
Post of the day!!!! I usually don't respond to yours, but this is spot on!! The notion that we can't move on without Dak knowing what he's shown us over the years. Yes we will take our bumps etc etc, but at some point we will find another!

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
If the 2024 season is the end for Dak, better brace yourselves for some lean years unless we get real lucky with our next QB. The majority of this fan base will be so euphoric to see him go the champagne will be flowing like a river the day he walks. Fans will be dancing in the street as if the Cowboys just won the SB. lol We’ll see how long the celebrating lasts if we get stuck moving on from one QB to the next for who knows how long trying to find one that’s at least as good as Dak. While we’re playing musical chairs at QB missing the playoffs every year, Dak may end up with a more competent organization and end up winning a championship. I can only image the mega meltdown amongst Cowboys Nation watching Dak hoisting the Lombardi trophy for another team while we were sitting home for the playoffs. Better be careful what you wish for. :thumbup:
Nope, was happy when D.Ware did it in Denver...No meltdown here...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak would be insane to demand a trade. Regardless of how horrible he plays he is getting paid and making a lot of money in endorsements simply by virtue of being the starting qb for thr Cowboys. What other franchise is going to pay him for non performance when it matters?
None other than the 5 time winning Superbowl champs the Dallas Cowboys, America's teams, Forbes highest franchise

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
31510528.jpg

:muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

We’ve accomplished 4 division titles and have been in the playoff hunt practically every season with him. We’ve won a lot of games and he’s given us a chance. Look around the league and see the teams that are struggling every season, sitting home for the playoffs because of their QB situation. We can go get a couple of new QBs and we could end up stuck in that pattern for the next several years or longer. That would lead to some very depressing seasons.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Well, they did use a 4th rounder in last month's draft on a QB.
I hope you are joking. Tossing away a 4th round pick on a developmental guy that is going into the last year of his contract is hardly taking the position seriously. They even said Lance would be competing for the backup job with Rush which means they aren't even sure if he can beat out COOPER RUSH. As it stands right now, Dallas doesn't have a QB on the roster that can compete with Dak or even put a little pressure on him if he stumbles.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post of the day!!!! I usually don't respond to yours, but this is spot on!! The notion that we can't move on without Dak knowing what he's shown us over the years. Yes we will take our bumps etc etc, but at some point we will find another!
Thank you my friend!!!!!