Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

RS12

Reaction score
I don't see too many other play makers out there so........

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Parsons most effective position may well be OLB standing up rushing the passer at the line of scrimmage to the side of Lawrence or Gregory.

What I still can't understand is why the FO would have taken Horn or Surtain when they had Parsons with a higher grade who can make more of an impact and makes other players around him better
Wait, didn't they pick Parsons? :huh:

quickccc

Reaction score
I could see the coaches are designing the defense to go thru Parson, why not as he's the likely signal caller, he's gonna be stationed in the middle of the defense.
So much is depending upon his tackling, pursuit and pass rushing skills.

But it's gonna be quite a lot asked for this rookie who has to adjust to the NFL level of huddle pace, and directing and adjusting the defense on the move,
and he hasn't face the more prolific offensive attacks and QBs that he must definitely will this year. o_O

lk8701

Reaction score
Parsons most effective position may well be OLB standing up rushing the passer at the line of scrimmage to the side of Lawrence or Gregory.

What I still can't understand is why the FO would have taken Horn or Surtain when they had Parsons with a higher grade who can make more of an impact and makes other players around him better

Parsons real value will be determined by his pass rushing. Can he be a 10 sack guy? If he ends up as an elite off ball LB like Bobby Wagner but provides no pass rush then a Pro Bowl CB might be more valuable. Prime Richard Sherman vs Bobby Wagner is a strong debate to have.

HungryLion

Reaction score
:lmao::laugh::lmao2:Yeah okay, enough from you. I may as well be talking to a monkey. :muttley:

Rich coming from the guy who thinks schemes are set in stone by April 30th. Before OTA’s or training camp are even held. Lol

Praxit

Reaction score
..wow! Lavar dished him up real nice. I trust his opinion, he saw it all. Excited for the season.

Reactions: BAT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rich coming from the guy who thinks schemes are set in stone by April 30th. Before OTA’s or training camp are even held. Lol
See-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-monkeys-14750406-1600-1200.jpg

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
BB seems to have a man crush on Micah.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No. Not exactly smart coaching. What happens if Parsons goes down with an injury. We should have packages for him, but I think it's a mistake to design the whole defense around him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No. Not exactly smart coaching. What happens if Parsons goes down with an injury. We should have packages for him, but I think it's a mistake to design the whole defense around him.

Its not, they have package plays from the defensive scheme...if this package is in these are the stunts and coverages we like to run for these situations. If Parson gets ...well I aint going to say it...they would play other packages if no one could cover his assignments.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
These are chimpanzees. Not monkeys.

You know as much about primates as you do Lb play.
Did I say these were monkeys? No that's you connecting those dots just like all the other dots you connect that have nothing to do with what I say. :laugh:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Did I say these were monkeys? No that's you connecting those dots just like all the other dots you connect that have nothing to do with what I say. :laugh:

Well in my defense, Connecting the dots of what you say is impossible considering it’s all nonsense.