Twitter: The Fastest Man Race is going down tonight

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Tyrek didn’t even try. It would have been cool to see Antonio brown there too. Congrats to Parsons, I don’t see him and Chubb as the fastest in the nfl though, I guess the fastest of the pro bowlers.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Let's try it again....

lane

1.Terrence Newman 10.20
2.Teddy Williams 10,01
3.Rocket Ismail 10.34
4.Bob Hayes 10.06
5.Alexander Wright NFL Fastest Man
6.Richmond Flowers 9.4
7.Herschel Walker 10.23
8.Mike Gaechter 9.4

How does it look?

Not bad.. I wonder if that 10.01 was ever confirmed for Teddy Williams.. There were some reports that he'd clocked sub 10 as well. I never bothered to look it up. I would also add that other than Bullet none of these guys was as fast in pads as Deion. Granted he wore very little in the way of pads anyway.. but that dude had a gear in pads that I've only seen in very few people.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Remember Randal Williams and his 4.04 40 time? Lol
Indeed I do.. and never believed it for a nanosecond. He was fast.. but that would have been other worldly fast.. and it would have showed up on the field a lot more than it did. Too bad he couldn't backpedal.. That speed would have made quit an asset as a DB.. cause.. you know... he couldn't catch any better than Wright..

RaZon

Reaction score
Not bad.. I wonder if that 10.01 was ever confirmed for Teddy Williams.. There were some reports that he'd clocked sub 10 as well. I never bothered to look it up. I would also add that other than Bullet none of these guys was as fast in pads as Deion. Granted he wore very little in the way of pads anyway.. but that dude had a gear in pads that I've only seen in very few people.

Deion never took track seriously, he knew he was headed to $$$$$ NFL. and he still ran a 10.26 on just talent. I have no doubt if he'd been serious.....10.08ish like a Darrell Green. I agree he had freaky speed.

Teddy Williams did run a windy 9.9 and does get credit for a 10.01 but never really did anything other than that so............

Most don't know that Newman was a Big12 100 champ thinking with his PR 10.20.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He lost the race because he didn’t take it seriously. He never took his warm-up suit off and didn’t even get down in a three point stance. He got caught off guard with the start and stumbled. At no point did he ever even come close to running full speed. The only ones who took the race seriously was Parsons and Chubb. The pro bowl skill challenges are a joke. They could only find four players to take part in the race and only one of them is one of the fastest players in the league.
Yep. A loss is a loss and he lost.

Reactions: CWR

quickccc

Reaction score
when Trevor Diggs is included in the NFL Fastest Man Contest - that alone let us know how watered down and desperate the NFL is to have participants for tihis contest.

i would think at least his brother Stephen Diggs be far more of a legit opponent than Trevor

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Bob Hayes was and will forever be the fastest man to play actual football like an actual football player in the NFL. When you win the worlds fastest man contest (100yd dash at the 1964 Olympics), and be inducted in the NFL and Track and Field Hall of Fame, there is no doubt who was the fastest man to play in the NFL.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Well hopefully you don’t think Parsons is the fastest player in the league because he won. lol
In that race he was the fastest.

Can you help me understand your interest in making sure everyone knows that Hill is the fastest?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Can you help me understand your interest in making sure everyone knows that Hill is the fastest?

Then you can join the other fan thinking Parsons is the fastest player in the NFL. Maybe you can help make me understand your determination in making sure everyone knows Parsons won the race. No one else seems to be interested in doing that but you. This is day three since the race and you’re still going.

RaZon

Reaction score

Trust me in that race Tyreek Hill was by far the fastest that is not a debate or a question that is a fact and everyone who follows football knows this. Being who he is and who they were Hill decided to play it off for the farce it was, a little shuck and jive there.

Tyreek Hill is a 4.2, 10.1, 20.1 sprinter, on a totally different level than a linebacker, ok?

If not for football Tyreek is a pro sprinter running on the circuit, a legit....world class sprinter.

RaZon

Reaction score
Bob Hayes was and will forever be the fastest man to play actual football like an actual football player in the NFL. When you win the worlds fastest man contest (100yd dash at the 1964 Olympics), and be inducted in the NFL and Track and Field Hall of Fame, there is no doubt who was the fastest man to play in the NFL.

100 meters not 100 yards.

Bob Hayes 10.06 ran on a dirt track out of lane one.....tore up for obvious reasons is the superior time for any NFLer. Trindon Holliday has a 10.00 and Jacoby Ford a 10.01 but those times were ran on far superior surfaces and are inferior because of it.

Bob Hayes has always been the fastest NFL player.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Then you can join the other fan thinking Parsons is the fastest player in the NFL. Maybe you can help make me understand your determination in making sure everyone knows Parsons won the race. No one else seems to be interested in doing that but you. This is day three since the race and you’re still going.
It’s simply a fact that he won. Every single person that saw the race knows it. Why does it seem to upset you so?

Can you help me understand why you are so invested in making sure everyone knows Hill is actually the fastest?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Trust me in that race Tyreek Hill was by far the fastest that is not a debate or a question that is a fact and everyone who follows football knows this. Being who he is and who they were Hill decided to play it off for the farce it was, a little shuck and jive there.

Tyreek Hill is a 4.2, 10.1, 20.1 sprinter, on a totally different level than a linebacker, ok?

If not for football Tyreek is a pro sprinter running on the circuit, a legit....world class sprinter.

The winner of the race is the fastest of that race. That’s exactly how a race works. It’s a long-standing tradition of racing.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
100 meters not 100 yards.

Bob Hayes 10.06 ran on a dirt track out of lane one.....tore up for obvious reasons is the superior time for any NFLer. Trindon Holliday has a 10.00 and Jacoby Ford a 10.01 but those times were ran on far superior surfaces and are inferior because of it.

Bob Hayes has always been the fastest NFL player.
Bo Jackson? What does his proposed time suggest he’d run in the 100? Bo says he ran a 4.13. Coaches say it was 4.16.

RaZon

Reaction score
The winner of the race is the fastest of that race. That’s exactly how a race works. It’s a long-standing tradition of racing.

So if Tyreek Hill challenged Parsons to a race next week Parsons would win? Well?

RaZon

Reaction score
Bo Jackson? What does his proposed time suggest he’d run in the 100? Bo says he ran a 4.13. Coaches say it was 4.16.

Bo never ran anything close to a 4.16 in those days, all total BS. I can see maybe a 4.28ish. His 100m PR was 10.39 but it's real obvious he can go faster than that. Got no problems speculating a.....10.20 which is around what Walker ran.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s simply a fact that he won. Every single person that saw the race knows it. Why does it seem to upset you so?

Can you help me understand why you are so invested in making sure everyone knows Hill is actually the fastest?

Lol no one is saying he didn’t win the race. You’re the one who’s upset it’s day 4 and you’re still banging the table that Parsons won. You’re probably still not done with this. :laugh: