Twitter: The Fastest Man Race is going down tonight

RaZon

Reaction score
Gault was never on another level in the NFL fastest man competitions. He ran in several and never won. That was a serious competition. We’ve discussed Darrell Green and others in the past. You got my opinion I’m done!

What are you needing from me? Green was a better 60 cat than Gault, ok cool. Was he a more established sprinter no he wasn't, Gault an Olympian, Gault dusted Green at the NCAAs, Gault US ranked not Green. Dude.....a football 40, 60....means nothing if talking legit speed. ok?

Mel Pender held the 50, 60, 70 world records he is considered to be one of the greatest indoor sprinters in history. How did he do in that Olympic 100m?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
agree, love Gatlin and that smoove style of his.

I feel bad for Gatlin getting popped for "juicing" when he went to drug store I think to get something like cold medicine. USA Track and Field and the IOC screwed him with that. Good for him that he came back from his suspension and was able to run ever faster. It would have been a lot of fun to see him and Bolt go at it on equal terms for as many years as they could have. I think at least in the 100 Gatlin could have either surpassed Bolt or pushed him to even higher heights. We should have gotten 8-10 years of stellar head to heads!! Instead we got years of Bolt lapping the field while Gatlin fought to get back to top condition and then some really good matchups once he did. But I still feel like the suspension cost him (and us) his absolute best. Track and field is is about as stupid as the NCAA when it comes to common sense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What are you needing from me? Green was a better 60 cat than Gault, ok cool. Was he a more established sprinter no he wasn't, Gault an Olympian, Gault dusted Green at the NCAAs, Gault US ranked not Green. Dude.....a football 40, 60....means nothing if talking legit speed. ok?

I will mildly disagree with you here if only to interject that "football speed" is a real thing. And obviously is the one that matters when one is playing football. I never thought Green was faster than Willie Gault.. except in pads.. and generally in shorter distances. The longer the race went the more it favored Gault.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Everyone who watched the race could see that Parsons won. You’re upset because I said he’s not faster than Tyreek Hill who jogged. Do you see anyone else making a big deal out of this? It’s day 5 and you’re still going. Hopefully you’ll get over it soon.
No. I’m completely ok with it. If you could point to one time I said I was upset or anything that led you to believe I wanted Parsons to be faster or that I said he was faster I will listen, but it’s only in your head.

I simply said he won that race. You’ll have to accept that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Mel Pender held the 50, 60, 70 world records he is considered to be one of the greatest indoor sprinters in history. How did he do in that Olympic 100m?

I don’t need anything from you I’m just giving you the facts. The NFL fastest man was a very serious competition. The players trained for it. You obviously have a real passion for sprinters and can go days on end talking about them. I don’t care to do that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. I’m completely ok with it. If you could point to one time it I said I was upset or anything that led you to beloved I wanted Parsons to be faster I will listen.

I simply said he won that race. You’ll have to accept that.

If you were okay with it you would’ve moved on by now. lol

RaZon

Reaction score
I feel bad for Gatlin getting popped for "juicing" when he went to drug store I think to get something like cold medicine. USA Track and Field and the IOC screwed him with that. Good for him that he came back from his suspension and was able to run ever faster. It would have been a lot of fun to see him and Bolt go at it on equal terms for as many years as they could have. I think at least in the 100 Gatlin could have either surpassed Bolt or pushed him to even higher heights. We should have gotten 8-10 years of stellar head to heads!! Instead we got years of Bolt lapping the field while Gatlin fought to get back to top condition and then some really good matchups once he did. But I still feel like the suspension cost him (and us) his absolute best. Track and field is is about as stupid as the NCAA when it comes to common sense.

Check Gatlin out...

001 10.08 17 Eugene Jun 02
2002 10.05 15 Knoxville Apr 06
2003 9.97 5 Zürich Aug 15
2004 9.85 1 Athens Aug 22
2005 9.88 2 Helsinki Aug 07
2006 9.77 1 Doha May 12
2011 9.95 16 Eugene, OR Jun 24
2012 9.79 3 London Aug 05
2013 9.85 3 Moskva Aug 11
2014 9.77 1 Bruxelles Sep 05
2015 9.74 1 Doha May 15
2016 9.80 1 Eugene, OR Jul 03
2017 9.92 5 London (Olympic Stadium) Aug 05
2019 9.87 4 Palo Alto, CA (USA) Jun 30
2021 9.98 22 Miramar, FL (USA) Apr 10

See that 2006 then 2011, what would he have ran in those years coming off a 9.77 season? Yep, total bummer.

My all time USA 100m

lane

1.Bob Hayes,,,Olympic gold
2.Leroy Burrell WR 9.85
3.Trayvon Bromell 9.76
4.Justin Gatlin 9.74 Olympic gold
5.Tyson Gay 9.69 world gold
6.Christian Coleman 9.76 World gold
7.Carl Lewis 9.86 Olympic gold
8.Mo Greene 9.79 Olympic gold

RaZon

Reaction score
I don’t need anything from you I’m just giving you the facts. The NFL fastest man was a very serious competition. The players trained for it. You obviously have a real passion for sprinters and can go days on end talking about them. I don’t care to do that.

Yes, we can start pre 1900 and talk Lon Myers who held the American record at 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, mile, that is where I'm at with this stuff, can ramble off the all time 4x1 team for every NCAA school that has 4 quality sprinter, a history buff/geek/nerd will work.

All I'm telling you is in the grand scheme of things Willie Gault is far more revered than Darrell Green with guys like myself who can talk Lon Mtyers;)

DOZA31pVAAAbO2s.jpg

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
I will mildly disagree with you here if only to interject that "football speed" is a real thing. And obviously is the one that matters when one is playing football. I never thought Green was faster than Willie Gault.. except in pads.. and generally in shorter distances. The longer the race went the more it favored Gault.

No doubt "football speed" is different, some like Rocket Ismail, Devin Hester, Chris Johnson good examples of guys faster on a football than on a track, none of them broke 10.30 played faster than Curtis Dickey a 10.10 cat, he had track speed, not football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. Really I am ok. And I’m glad you’ve accepted that he won that race.

HE’S FAAAAST!!! Wow!

You don’t sound okay sounds like you’re still celebrating his victory. lol

RaZon

Reaction score
Instead of another thread how about we have this here since we are talking sprinting/football

Cliff Branch FINALLY in the Hall of Fame, why it took so damn long, a,,,,??? His stats are superior to Bullet Bob and far superior to Lynn Swann, so what took so long? Now that whole passing attack of those 70's Raiders all in the Hall of Fame...Stabler, Casper, Belitnikoff, Branch,

While at Colorado he ran a 9.2 nine times, the World Record 9.1, he barely missed making the 72 Olympic team coming fifth.

Here he is vs Dean Williams on the left on his right George Daneils who also ran a 9,2, he was from Ghana.

HZFRAWQBRXGUDOQ.20100806172600.jpg

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Instead of another thread how about we have this here since we are talking sprinting/football

Cliff Branch FINALLY in the Hall of Fame, why it took so damn long, a,,,,??? His stats are superior to Bullet Bob and far superior to Lynn Swann, so what took so long? Now that whole passing attack of those 70's Raiders all in the Hall of Fame...Stabler, Casper, Belitnikoff, Branch,

While at Colorado he ran a 9.2 nine times, the World Record 9.1, he barely missed making the 72 Olympic team coming fifth.

Here he is vs Dean Williams on the left on his right George Daneils who also ran a 9,2, he was from Ghana.

HZFRAWQBRXGUDOQ.20100806172600.jpg

Good stuff RaZon! Guess they were waiting for him to pass before inducting him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Thanks my friend:)

What gets me is he had the numbers, so why wasn't he there, makes no sense. He was done wrong and it sucks.

Yeah there is no way in hell Biletnikoff should have got in before Branch. Branch was far and away the more feared of the two and frankly was a big reason why Biletnikoff got so little attention. It does make you wonder what the hell is going on in the heads of these voters. Still I don't know that I would consider his numbers "superior to Hayes." He had 130 more catches and 1200 more yards while playing in 50 more games. Over 3 full seasons back then. And he still had fewer TDs and averaged a full 3 yards less per reception. I mean aren't you the one always saying that yards per carry should be the differentiator when comparing running backs? How then can Haye's far superior yards per catch be so easily dismissed? And the dude literally scored a TD basically every 5th (5.2) reception. That's just stupid. Branch scored every 7.4 receptions which is really good. Better than Jerry Rice (TD every 7.86 catches) .. Only Randy Moss is in Bob's league in that regard.. hitting paydirt on 1 of every 6 receptions. For anyone wondering about T.O. he came in at a TD every 7.0 receptions.

Still there is no denying Branch's greatness. I will never forget his performance in that Super Bowl against the Eagles when he kept going up and taking the ball away from DBs, saving Plunkett's bacon over and over. I still can't get over how they cheated him out of game MVP that day. Plunkett would have thrown 3 or 4 picks that day if not for him.

RaZon

Reaction score
Yeah there is no way in hell Biletnikoff should have got in before Branch. Branch was far and away the more feared of the two and frankly was a big reason why Biletnikoff got so little attention. It does make you wonder what the hell is going on in the heads of these voters. Still I don't know that I would consider his numbers "superior to Hayes." He had 130 more catches and 1200 more yards while playing in 50 more games. Over 3 full seasons back then. And he still had fewer TDs and averaged a full 3 yards less per reception. I mean aren't you the one always saying that yards per carry should be the differentiator when comparing running backs? How then can Haye's far superior yards per catch be so easily dismissed? And the dude literally scored a TD basically every 5th (5.2) reception. That's just stupid. Branch scored every 7.4 receptions which is really good. Better than Jerry Rice (TD every 7.86 catches) .. Only Randy Moss is in Bob's league in that regard.. hitting paydirt on 1 of every 6 receptions. For anyone wondering about T.O. he came in at a TD every 7.0 receptions.

Still there is no denying Branch's greatness. I will never forget his performance in that Super Bowl against the Eagles when he kept going up and taking the ball away from DBs, saving Plunkett's bacon over and over. I still can't get over how they cheated him out of game MVP that day. Plunkett would have thrown 3 or 4 picks that day if not for him.

Nobody digs that deep into this stuff, it's pretty much...

Hayes 2 time All Pro, Branch 3
Hayes 3 time pro bowl , Branch 4
Hayes 371 catchs, Branch 501
Hayes 7414 yards, Branch 8685
Hayes 71 TD, Branch 67

As we can see Branch had the numbers if Hayes did, nobody really caring about yards per, there are too many 3.9 rushers in the HOF.

Bob Hayes was better than Branch but just looking at numbers if he's in the HOF then Branch should be there also.

And ya nailed it with Biletnikoff, yep, it was just like that. You also nailed it with that Eagles game, hell might watch that again.