Twitter: The Fastest Man Race is going down tonight

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Bo never ran anything close to a 4.16 in those days, all total BS. I can see maybe a 4.28ish. His 100m PR was 10.39 but it's real obvious he can go faster than that. Got no problems speculating a.....10.20 which is around what Walker ran.
Total BS? You know Bo to be a liar? What about the scouts?

Not many people have been all star level players in two sports. Have there been any others? Maybe he was a better athlete than you think? Maybe he’s been better than Hill? And faster too.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...kson-and-the-too-fast-to-be-true-40-yard-dash
Harry Buffington, scouting legend and director of what was then called the National Combine, attested the time's accuracy to Dorman. Buffington stated that Jackson's other run from that session clocked at 4.22 seconds. "Even if the 4.12 is a bad time, which I don't think it is, the guy can fly. Nobody in the 27 years that we've been in this business has ever gone that fast."

Maybe. Maybe not. I choose to believe it was very possible. Best all around pure athlete of all time imo.

*Bo said his time was 4.16 and was electrically timed.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Lol no one is saying he didn’t win the race. You’re the one who’s upset it’s day 4 and you’re still banging the table that Parsons won. You’re probably still not done with this. :laugh:
All I ever said was he won that race. This upset you and you couldn’t or wouldn’t explain why.

Sorry I upset your 5 days :(

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Total BS? You know Bo to be a liar? What about the scouts?

Not many people have been all star level players in two sports. Have there been any others? Maybe he was a better athlete than you think? Maybe he’s been better than Hill? And faster too.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...kson-and-the-too-fast-to-be-true-40-yard-dash
Harry Buffington, scouting legend and director of what was then called the National Combine, attested the time's accuracy to Dorman. Buffington stated that Jackson's other run from that session clocked at 4.22 seconds. "Even if the 4.12 is a bad time, which I don't think it is, the guy can fly. Nobody in the 27 years that we've been in this business has ever gone that fast."

Maybe. Maybe not. I choose to believe it was very possible. Best all around pure athlete of all time imo.

*Bo said his time was 4.16 and was electrically timed.

Count me among those who never bought Bo's 4.1 forty time for a nanosecond the instant I heard it. There have been too many guys who were a half a second faster than Bo in the 100 meters but magically slower than him at the 40 yard mark? I could get behind Bo getting out quick and slowing down towards the end of the 100 meter dash (everyone does) but the notion that at his size he would have the explosive start to get out of the blocks faster than guys like Tyreke Hill, Deion Sanders, Darrell Green and on and on and on.. Nope.. not buying it. Especially if you are then going to try and sell me on the fact that these smaller guys, with their shorter strides were going to accelerate past him later in the race. Sprinting don't work that way. Bo was great.. no doubt about that.. Bo was fast.. also no doubt.. Was Bo as fast as has been claimed? Probably not.. I am old enough to remember reading about his skipping the combine back then. I also lived in Orlando and followed all things SEC football back then. And that 4.1 was not announced after any combine.. It was a legend that began to make the rounds over the summer of his final season at Auburn. The announcers even mentioned it during the game when Auburn played Florida. Florida won by the way using a goal line stand where they stopped Bo and the Auburn offense from scoring late in the game to seal the victory. All of these guys who are talking about it decades later are suffering from old age memory loss.

RaZon

Reaction score
Count me among those who never bought Bo's 4.1 forty time for a nanosecond the instant I heard it. There have been too many guys who were a half a second faster than Bo in the 100 meters but magically slower than him at the 40 yard mark? I could get behind Bo getting out quick and slowing down towards the end of the 100 meter dash (everyone does) but the notion that at his size he would have the explosive start to get out of the blocks faster than guys like Tyreke Hill, Deion Sanders, Darrell Green and on and on and on.. Nope.. not buying it. Especially if you are then going to try and sell me on the fact that these smaller guys, with their shorter strides were going to accelerate past him later in the race. Sprinting don't work that way. Bo was great.. no doubt about that.. Bo was fast.. also no doubt.. Was Bo as fast as has been claimed? Probably not.. I am old enough to remember reading about his skipping the combine back then. I also lived in Orlando and followed all things SEC football back then. And that 4.1 was not announced after any combine.. It was a legend that began to make the rounds over the summer of his final season at Auburn. The announcers even mentioned it during the game when Auburn played Florida. Florida won by the way using a goal line stand where they stopped Bo and the Auburn offense from scoring late in the game to seal the victory. All of these guys who are talking about it decades later are suffering from old age memory loss.

Jackie Robinson was the NCAA long jump champion, still holds the longest run from scrimmage 99 yards in UCLA football, he was a stud basketballer also.

TONS of footballer/tracksters guys who could be pro in both sports. Jim Brown still considered to be the greatest lacrosse player ever.

Bo was an incredible high school athlete a two time Alabama decathlon champion without having to run the 1500, wow! Yep, he could do it all (except 1500)
But, when it comes to just speed none of his times or accomplishments hint at a sub 4.20 40. He was a 9.5 100 yard guy, a 10.39 100m guy, he never did anything in the sprints at Auburn never won anything in the NCAA 60 or 100m, he kept failing to make the finals. He was a big guy who was too big to run as fast as he did just like Walker but like Walker he wasn't on par with the JUST sprinters with no football aspirations and no 225 pounds of bulk to haul. Walker a 10.23 guy, a lot of these NCAAers sub 10.10.

There are a few stories out there about that 4.1 stuff by Bo, none of them agree it actually happened, just type,,,,,Bo's 4.1 bogus. All of us who know track/speed simply aren't buying it.

Can see a 4.28ish a possibility, but a 4.33 more like it. A 4.1 anything is bogus.

What a 4.12 looks like, and this is the worlds fastest human Christian Coleman the current World Champion, he runs a 9.76 100m, not a 10.39.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All I ever said was he won that race. This upset you and you couldn’t or wouldn’t explain why.

Sorry I upset your 5 days :(

Everyone who watched the race could see that Parsons won. You’re upset because I said he’s not faster than Tyreek Hill who jogged. Do you see anyone else making a big deal out of this? It’s day 5 and you’re still going. Hopefully you’ll get over it soon.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What an anticlimactic event this was. Cheetah didn't try and so we still don't know how fast he really is. Micah's win is cheapened by this. Micah freely admitted immediately after the race that Cheetah is still the fastest man in the NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s been reported that Darrell Green ran a 4.09 at training camp in 1986. When you Google his 40 time it comes up as a 4.43 which is a joke! He was clocked under 4.2 on at least three different occasions.

RaZon

Reaction score
What an anticlimactic event this was. Cheetah didn't try and so we still don't know how fast he really is. Micah's win is cheapened by this. Micah freely admitted immediately after the race that Cheetah is still the fastest man in the NFL.

I have no problems with this knowing he ran a HS 10.19.

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
It’s been reported that Darrell Green ran a 4.09 at training camp in 1986.

Darrell Green had one shot at running big time college track at the 1982 NCAA's he came in 6th losing to future NFLers Wlllie Gault and Mike Miller Tennessee teammates. Green ran a 10.27 which was who he was, his 10.08 an oddity.

No way he ran any race faster than Coleman a 9.76 World Champion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Darrell Green had one shot at running big time college track at the 1982 NCAA's he came in 6th losing to future NFLers Wlllie Gault and Mike Miller Tennessee teammates. Green ran a 10.27 which was who he was, his 10.08 an oddity.

No way he ran any race faster than Coleman a 9.76 World Champion.

Green ended up winning the fastest man in the NFL contest with Willie Gault in the competition. When you get guys that fast it comes down to your start.

RaZon

Reaction score
Green ended up winning the fastest man in the NFL contest with Willie Gault in the competition. When you get guys that fast it comes down to your start.

Gault was US ranked at 100 in 82, 83, 84 and beat Green at the NCAA's, he was the superior sprinter. A known among those into track.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gault was US ranked at 100 in 82, 83, 84 and beat Green at the NCAA's, he was the superior sprinter. A known among those into track.

He was the superior sprinter in those events but not in the NFL fastest man contest. However he was in his later 20s when he started competing in them but so was Darrell Green. Both were the same age they came into the league in 1983.

RaZon

Reaction score
He was the superior sprinter in those events but not in the NFL fastest man contest. However he was in his later 20s when he started competing in them but so was Darrell Green. Both were the same age they came into the league in 1983.

If you recall Gault was beat by Rod Woodson, obviously Woodson not in the same clsss as Gault at all. Don't put too much into this kind of thing, really has little to do with anything.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you recall Gault was beat by Rod Woodson, obviously Woodson not in the same clsss as Gault at all. Don't put too much into this kind of thing, really has little to do with anything.

The NFL fastest man was a serious competition. There was prize money and the status of being the NFL’s fastest man. Some athletes don’t maintain their speed for as long as some others. I read somewhere where Darrell Green ran a 4.36 at 42 years old.

RaZon

Reaction score
The NFL fastest man was a serious competition. Some athletes don’t maintain their speed for as long as some others. I read somewhere where Darrell Green ran a 4.36 at 42 years old.

Never about some athletes don't maintain their speed, it's about who is training and who isn't. For Gault a 10.10 guy to lose any race to Woodson a 10.3ish guy tells us Gault wasn't into serious sprint training at that time. While serious while out there doubt any of them were training for a 60.

Willie Gault simply on another level wheln it comes to sprinting than Darrell Green.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Never about some athletes don't maintain their speed, it's about who is training and who isn't. For Gault a 10.10 guy to lose any race to Woodson a 10.3ish guy tells us Gault wasn't into serious sprint training at that time. While serious while out there doubt any of them were training for a 60.

Willie Gault simply on another level wheln it comes to sprinting than Darrell Green.

Gault was never on another level in the NFL fastest man competitions. He ran in several and never won. That was a serious competition. We’ve discussed Darrell Green and others in the past. You got my opinion I’m done!