Twitter: The Fastest Man Race is going down tonight

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If memory serves correctly, I believe our Cowboys wanted to sign him as well. He was incredible on the track though

Yeah I think the Cowboys reached out to him AND Carl Lewis at different points. Can you imagine if either of them could catch a football even as well as Bob Hayes?

rags747

Reaction score
No idea why Diggs and Chubb are there, Micah should blow those two away.

JBS

Reaction score
What’s the distance of the race?

RD21

Reaction score
LOL.. On a side note my friends who were in attendance at that game called it the loudest Texas Stadium had ever been. Apparently the faithful were REALLY fired up for that one.
I remember watching that game..! Wasn't that Parcells first season as our coach..?

Plankton

Reaction score
Yeah I think the Cowboys reached out to him AND Carl Lewis at different points. Can you imagine if either of them could catch a football even as well as Bob Hayes?

The Cowboys drafted Carl Lewis in the 12th round in the 1984 draft. FWIW, they had also drafted Pat Riley as a WR in the 11th round of the 1967 draft. Given the success they had with converting players from other sports to football (Pete Gent and Cornell Green were college basketball players), they weren't bad gambles to take.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You know Chubb routinely posts some of the fastest (miles per hour) runs each year, right?

Yeah Chubb has repeatedly demonstrated really good top end speed. I think his 40 time shows he takes a while to get going but once he gets going he is clearly as fast as almost anybody in football not named Tyreke Hill..

RaZon

Reaction score
Right now today the NFL Fastest Man would be...

lane

1.Devin Durvernay. Titans
2.Jonathan Taylor Colts
3.Javelin Guidry Jets....won the Texas state 100, his family moves to Cali, wins the Cali state100
4.Tyreek Hill Chiefs
5.Anthony Schwartz Browns
6.Marquis Goodwin Bears

All legit track guys.

Historically speaking

lane

1.Darrell Green Commanders
2.Cliff Branch Raiders
3.Sam Graddy Raiders Olympic silver
4.Bob Hayes Cowboys....Olympic Gold
5.Jacoby Ford Raiders
6.Trindon Holliday Broncos
7.Willie Gault Bears
8.Ron Brown Rams....Olympian

Hard to believe but true, the Raiders can fill three 8 lane races with quality sprinters, up above both Gault and Brown former Raiders.

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You may be confusing Wright with Randall Williams, who ran an onside kick attempt on the opening kickoff back against the Eagles in 2003.. in the process setting a record for the fastest score ever to start an NFL game.. I believe he ran the 37 yards in under 4 seconds.. Wright did have at least one KO return for a TD in his career but his was a legit 100 yarder..

Yes, it was Randall but Wright was a burner for sure.