*** The Fire Garrett/Coaches Thread **merged**

ICP

Reaction score
Coaching staff has become a complete joke, if Jerruh can't see it we are doomed. Honesty even if he can it will be some amalgam of a Jerry Puppet

Sydla

Reaction score
Honestly, how much worse could it get? We would at least get two new coordinators and schemes out of it. The offense needs retooled completely and the defense needs some better players and a coach.

Exactly.

This would be like a guy who every weekend, goes and buys the most expensive rib eye steak he can find, marinates it and then burns the hell out of on his grill. So what's he do, next weekend? Goes out and buys another expensive rib eye, marinates it and burns the hell out of it again cooking it the exact same way he did last weekend.

At some point, you just have to try something different.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It was a crap schedule not just because of the standings - we played some bad teams and won more than a few games by luck. We didn't even make the NCF championship game because our defense couldn't remotely slow down Rodgers. That was not a 13-3 team, as evidence by how badly we are getting killed this year just one year removed
Everybody in the same division plays the same schedule outside of two games period. Who the heck said we are consistently a 13-3 team?

Sydla

Reaction score
He gave them words. Job done.

I saw your earlier post. Did Jones really say that about the first half and second half and then quickly trying to change the subject after someone asked if it was a coaching issue?

wssaustin

Reaction score
Coaching staff has become a complete joke, if Jerruh can't see it we are doomed. Honesty even if he can it will be some amalgam of a Jerry Puppet

People saying Jerry is a good business man, I don't think he is. He often put "his guys" over the priority of the actual result.

kumizi

Reaction score
I saw your earlier post. Did Jones really say that about the first half and second half and then quickly trying to change the subject after someone asked if it was a coaching issue?
Yes.

Jones: the obvious common thing over the last two weeks is how we’ve played in the first half and how we’ve played in the second half. That’s actually the most current thing on my mind is how they took it to us in the second half.

Reporter: so you’re saying the coach isn’t making the adjustments at halftime.

Jones: I didn’t say that at all. Did I say that?

Reporter: well you said about adjustments at halftime.

Jerry: No I didn’t. It’s just The common thing that comes to my mind is that for whatever reason we’re getting beat pretty good in the second half.

Sydla

Reaction score
People saying Jerry is a good business man, I don't think he is. He often put "his guys" over the priority of the actual result.

You don't become a millionaire and billionaire by being a bad businessman.

I think it's much simpler than that. I think his successes in business give him the false belief that he can also be just as competent as a NFL GM as he has been in business.

With each business success, he's tricked himself into believing that success and acumen would carry over from Jerry Jones, CEO of the Cowboys who has had wild success to Jerry Jones, GM of the Cowboys, who frankly hasn't had much success at all.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind management being cleaned out as well. Tired of Jerry being a distraction to his players.
Well and the other owners keep Jerry out of the league and he has to sell the team we get a new GM a new owner and new coaches that would be great. Look at how Philadelphia has rebuilt in just two years with the real GM but we have Jerry and Steven and these guys have been trying for 20 years and can't get it done and they won't ever.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes.

Jones: the obvious common thing over the last two weeks is how we’ve played in the first half and how we’ve played in the second half. That’s actually the most current thing on my mind is how they took it to us in the second half.

Reporter: so you’re saying the coach isn’t making the adjustments at halftime.

Jones: I didn’t say that at all. Did I say that?

Reporter: well you said about adjustments at halftime.

Jerry: No I didn’t. It’s just The common thing that comes to my mind is that for whatever reason we’re getting beat pretty good in the second half.

Uber defensive of his adopted son Garrett. It's so patently obvious. I mean he knows why first halves and second halves have been wildly different. He just can't admit it.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a few more games like this to get Jerry to consider making a change. My gut is his brain is in defense mode right now and he's going to use injuries, etc. to justify Garrett staying. They may offer up a sacrificial lamb like Marinelli but it won't change things long term.