*** The Fire Garrett/Coaches Thread **merged**

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
It doesn't help when there is another team i our division with more injures than us and at least they look prepared to play. (It hurt to even type that)

Zman5

Reaction score
Cam Lawrence, Ernie Sims, Jarius Wynn, Everett Brown, Nick Hayden, and Corey Irvin were all starters or major rotation players that game. You want to blame Garrett for that?

Even with those players we were leading by 24 points after the half. DeMarco was running well in the game. But we still lost because JG thought it was better to go pass happy while leading by 24 points. Good coach do not lose games like that. JG has done it repeatedly.

2011 vs Lions was another game we lost in that fashion. We were leading 27-3 after the first half. We lost 34-30

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
18Oy5z2.jpg

MileyDancer

Reaction score
That was the game I made the final decision that Garrett was never going to be a great coach.

Ahead by 25. Murray had run for over 100 yards in the first half. During the second half, with a enormous lead, Garrett decides to pass only (Murray got 3 carries in the 2nd half I believe) in order to protect that lead.

Unbelievable.
Same here. I was at that game. How I didn't get kicked out for yelling, "RUN THE ******* FOOTBALL!" over and over (in club seats) is pure luck. I was livid.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
a particular twitter account that covers cowboys related stuff said it best, well at least in relation to my opinion on the matter, I'm not sure how to paste tweets on here but to quote

"I have been team garrett alllllll along. Last week i put 1 toe in the "time for a new HC?" pool. Now i'm sitting on the edge of the "time for a new HC?!" pool with both feet dangling"

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Even with those players we were leading by 24 points after the half. DeMarco was running well in the game. But we still lost because JG thought it was better to go pass happy while leading by 24 points. Good coach do not lose games like that. JG has done it repeatedly.

2011 vs Lions was another game we lost in that fashion. We were leading 27-3 after the first half. We lost 34-30

We scored over 30 points. Meanwhile we had LB who were biting hard on playaction and motionlessly staring down the QB after getting into their drops. Cam Lawrence is perhaps the dumbest football player I have ever seen except maybe Sims.

Further, Romo was given multiple plays each down and picked one based on formation. For all we know he checked into passes ad nauseum. Nevermind the pick he threw on our side of the field.

Zman5

Reaction score
We scored over 30 points. Meanwhile we had LB who were biting hard on playaction and motionlessly staring down the QB after getting into their drops. Cam Lawrence is perhaps the dumbest football player I have ever seen except maybe Sims.

Further, Romo was given multiple plays each down and picked one based on formation. For all we know he checked into passes ad nauseum. Nevermind the pick he threw on our side of the field.

That's my point. A good HC would tell his QB to run the ball and not give him an option to pass.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's my point. A good HC would tell his QB to run the ball and not give him an option to pass.

I know you think you have a foolproof plan here but we did score10 points in the second half. Perhaps they could have run out the clock or perhaps we would have gotten 3 and outs instead of those points and lost by multiple scores. As it was we won top.

We did run the ball 5 times our first drive of the second half, punted, and GB charged right down and scored the next drive.

The 500 lbs gorilla is the defense giving up 37 points and surrendering TD on every 2nd half possession. That was the worst defense in Cowboys history after all.

Zman5

Reaction score
I know you think you have a foolproof plan here but we did score10 points in the second half. Perhaps they could have run out the clock or perhaps we would have gotten 3 and outs instead of those points and lost by multiple scores. As it was we won top.

We did run the ball 5 times our first drive of the second half, punted, and GB charged right down and scored the next drive.

The 500 lbs gorilla is the defense giving up 37 points and surrendering TD on every 2nd half possession. That was the worst defense in Cowboys history after all.

Your post was implying we didn't win because we had lesser players playing. Those lesser players were good enough for us to be up by 24 points in the half so your argument is not valid. The players were good enough to win that game had the game been managed better by the coaches.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Your post was implying we didn't win because we had lesser players playing. Those lesser players were good enough for us to be up by 24 points in the half so your argument is not valid. The players were good enough to win that game had the game been managed better by the coaches.

Those players gave up 34 points in the second half and they had cut the lead by more than half going into the 4th. And again you don't know that running the ball would've worked. We gave up a TD every single second half drive.

flosho

Reaction score
I agree. I haven't been vocal in support of firing JG, but at this point we need a change.

Unfortunately, I do not think we will ever have actual success until Jerry steps back and has 0-10% input on football operations. He needs to watch the game from behind a 2-way mirror so no one even knows he's there.

The good coaches won't even consider Dallas because of Jerry so anyone we do hire has to kiss his balls...

On the positive hand, I'm much younger than Jerrah and I drink less... so there's a very good chance he dies and I'm alive for the 10-15+ years after that where we will win our next superbowl or two...

We are 7% through wasting Zeke and Dak's careers...