*** The Fire Garrett/Coaches Thread **merged**

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Calling him a fool is overboard, he might be a bad coach, but the chances that he's a fool are slim to none. We're the fools because were not bringing home cash for this and he is.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Jerry Jones says we wants "unprecedented accountability" from the NFL commissioner.

How about starting with the Dallas Cowboys? When does he start to hold JG, LInehan and Marinellii accountable? All 5 losses were because of 2nd half meltdowns, if that isn't coaching what is?

It isn't like this is the first season this team has lacked half time adjustments either, it has been an issue from day one with JG.

The offense and defense are as vanilla as you get, the coaches do almost nothing to create mismatches, it just isn't working.

Other than when BP was here this teams has had no accountability since Jimmy left.

Did they boo his sorry *** at halftime? I can't stomach him. I've loved the Cowboys since I was 7 or 8 years old, its like an addiction I can't quit them, but Jerry makes it easier and easier to care less.

sideon

Reaction score
This ain't on Smith, Zeke, and Lee being out. This staff got an injury pass two years ago and other years before. Not anymore. Smith out shouldn't kill your offense. Lee out shouldn't kill your defense. Zeke out shouldn't kill this team. Three players out should not sink your season when other teams in the league manage to win with a few injuries. This is about coaching. Just saw a stat in five games vs teams with winning records this year, Dallas has been outscored in the 2nd half by a combined score of 37-92. That is coaching!!! That's no 2nd half adjustments.
Zeke is 75% of the offense, what's happened is his absence has shown just how :oldcouple: this offense is.

diefree666

Reaction score
Parcells was great at the time. But he never even won a playoff game. I think had he let Sean Payton...be Sean Payton....we would have had more success. But again...Parcells allowed Jerry to build his new stadium. Jerry even admits that is why he hired Parcells...he needed credibility to build fund new stadium. I think Jerry adding TO to this team and the Romo fumble is why Parcells left. His tank was empty. But his influence remained in the short term. We went 13 - 3 the next year...and SHOULD have been in the Super Bowl...but once again...we failed to win a playoff game. There was the infamous Cabo trip. It is just one incident after another with this team. Instead of building on the momentum from last year...we blow the draft...do nothing in free agency....Zeke shows up in the tabloids every week...and we are right back to being a laughing stock.

the Cabo thing was NEVER a factor. Only fools believe that. Brady took time off at a vacation spot and no one said a thing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Garrett should have been fired after the 2013 loss to the Matt Flynn-led Packers after being up 25 points.

Cam Lawrence, Ernie Sims, Jarius Wynn, Everett Brown, Nick Hayden, and Corey Irvin were all starters or major rotation players that game. You want to blame Garrett for that?

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke is 75% of the offense, what's happened is his absence has shown just how :oldcouple: this offense is.

The fact a TB is 75% of our offense and the entire thing goes to hell when he's not in there is another reason why our coaching staff needs to be sent packing.

There's no creativity in our offense. We don't do well with adjustments when we need to make them.

We have a mediocre coaching staff that unfortunately, will likely be back in 2018 because the Jones family are just loyal fools.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Garrett should have been fired after the 2013 loss to the Matt Flynn-led Packers after being up 25 points.

That was the game I made the final decision that Garrett was never going to be a great coach.

Ahead by 25. Murray had run for over 100 yards in the first half. During the second half, with a enormous lead, Garrett decides to pass only (Murray got 3 carries in the 2nd half I believe) in order to protect that lead.

Unbelievable.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I just listened to Garrett's post game press conference and stopped about halfway. It's a bunch of platitudes.

"We haven't been good enough."
"We got to do better."
"He's a competitor. He kept fighting and battling."
"We have to learn from the experience."
"Move forward."
"Learn the lessons quickly and move on."
"They're a good football team."
"We did some good things."
"We just haven't been able to attack the defense different ways."
"Guys get hurt you just got to keep moving on."

Blah, blah, blah.

This guy is a clown. He's already got the hair color for it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Remember how we almost (well I'm not sure how close it actually came) to losing Garrett to Baltimore? Uh, damn you Baltimore!!! Lol

BigD16

Reaction score
Had the Rams had the same attitude, they would be stuck with Fisher this year and missed out on McVey. I get that there are no guarantees how the new coaches will turn out. Sometimes you have to just cut bait and take some risks. After 7 years, it's obvious JG will not win us anything unless everything is perfect (top players, no injuries, etc..)
"Unless everything is perfect" only if the other team doesn't show up

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
the Cabo thing was NEVER a factor. Only fools believe that. Brady took time off at a vacation spot and no one said a thing.
All I said was "there was the infamous Cabo trip"...whether it factored or not...the fact that the media decided it did created a distraction for the team. That Cowboys team should have gone to the Super Bowl that year. Switching to Barber over Jones as the starter factored in. Barber was gassed by halftime...and JuJo was sulking about being benched....so he did not want to play. The DeMarcus Ware offside penalty that allowed the Giants to get there first score. He was NOT offsides....I believe that gave them an automatic 1st down as opposed to punting. Jacque Reeves being targeted like he just started playing football also factored in. Patrick Crayton drop also factored in. I believe Amani Toomer...who could not outrun a sloth took a short pass and went 60+ yards. The Cowboys kept the Giants offense on the sidelines the entire 2nd quarter. When the Giants got the ball right before the end of the 1st half..the Cowboys acted as if the Giants were going to take a knee and run out the clock...they played with ZERO urgency..and the Giants scored in like 50 seconds. The Fasano drop. I could go and on...I know my Cowboys history....but the point is...there were many reasons we lost the game...and Cabo was not a factor to ME....but there is always "stuff" when it comes to Dallas...and that was the case this time as well.

Last edited: