Twitter: The forgotten 88

John813

Reaction score
I hated that trade for Quincy butterfingers Morgan. I know why, just really hated that return for Bryant who was an idiot but talented on a team that needed talent.

Remember thinking the Cowboys were on the upswing due to the 2002 draft of Roy Williams and Bryant. Turned out the best player for the Cowboys long term from that draft was Gurode.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He made a catch or two but there is a reason he is forgotten... the team didn't win enough.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
To bad Quincy Carter was such a jughead. He threw a pretty nice ball.

He was a better player than many give him credit. He's was today's Randy Gregory in a way.....just couldn't give up the weed. I remember Parcell listing him as one the most disappointing players he's ever coached coz had potential but threw it all away.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He couldn't throw a spiral consistently.

One of the worst pure passers I've ever seen at the NFL level.
yup hes a tyrod talyor, the Taysom hills and tim tebows of the NFL..thats Quincy or closer to it then a passer we remember like Romo..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hated that trade for Quincy butterfingers Morgan. I know why, just really hated that return for Bryant who was an idiot but talented on a team that needed talent.

Remember thinking the Cowboys were on the upswing due to the 2002 draft of Roy Williams and Bryant. Turned out the best player for the Cowboys long term from that draft was Gurode.

LOL..... Hated the RW pick, hated the Bryant pick, loved the Gurode pick. That's no joke, very serious about that. It's funny though, I hadn't thought about that in years.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Antonio Bryant, along with Quincy Carter, could have been very special for the Cowboys if it wasn't for Parsmells.

Old 34-32 ruined their careers and hurt the Cowboys.
Parcells ruined Julius Jones, but not many will agree because they can't get off Parcells sack. Just because he was a good coach and got this team going back in the right direction doesn't mean he never made mistakes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He made a catch or two but there is a reason he is forgotten... the team didn't win enough.
The team was actually 10-6 his second season (and last full season) in Dallas. But I agree limited team success affected the attention he received, although only being with the Cowboys a short time, and the fact his stats didn't jump out at anyone were also factors. Ultimately his fued with Bill Parcells is what he is most known for.