Twitter: The forgotten 88

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He was a better player than many give him credit. He's was today's Randy Gregory in a way.....just couldn't give up the weed. I remember Parcell listing him as one the most disappointing players he's ever coached coz had potential but threw it all away.

Quincy really did have a lot of skill. I remember being shocked to hear he got cut when I did. I was going into 5th grade and heard it. I couldn't figure out what happened, but realised we were in trouble that season. At least it worked out for us and Romo, but what could've been.

T-RO

Reaction score
He was a better player than many give him credit. He's was today's Randy Gregory in a way.....just couldn't give up the weed. I remember Parcell listing him as one the most disappointing players he's ever coached coz had potential but threw it all away.

Was more than just Mary Jane, I believe.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you kidding? he hired 2 complete slobs as coach, the draft sucked, then the following year he trades 3 picks for Roy Williams and the draft sucked. Jerry was an inept POS. You obviously don't remember. Then within 3 short years the team was pure crap again!! lol As if the Garrett Phillips debacle wasn't enough, by the time 2010 rolled around the team was already in shambles....2011 back to the drawing board and another poor decision that lasted 10 years. Just funny people talk about 13 Pro Bowlers.. and yes they actually could've went on to do something if the owner wasn't a complete jackazz!

You'll blame Romo, yet the "GM" didn't draft Oline until his QB was 32 years old. He basically tossed draft picks in the garbage.. "Romo didn't need linemen cause he was mobile". Words straight from the horses mouth. He took a team that could've went on a run and basically killed it with his very first decision and then every decision after. Let me know when you need more enlightenment.
You're full of it...seriously. You go from a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007 to a team being done/finished 3 years later? That's bunk. Absolutely, the head coaches at the time were junk, but what about holding the players accountable? Romo and Witten were going to concerts on a hot Saturday WHILE the team was away for the weekend for a game trip at the Minnesota Vikings. The Cowboys lost that game against the Vikings, and Romo and Witten were interviewed afterwards...showing everyone just how sun burned they were from the outdoor arena rock concert they both attended together. Yeah, this is the same bunch of so called leaders who flew down to Cabo during the team's earned playoffs "bye week" just so they could "study" for their playoffs opponent (which they lost to). Yeah, let's just blame the coaches and give beloved Romo and Witten a pass after another pass.

Heck, Jerry hired a nobody in Barry Switzer after firing Jimmy Johnson, yet Switzer was still able to lead the team to another SB Championship with the same team that Jimmy built. Why was that? Because Troy, Emmitt and Michael made sure to keep the team focused and responsible. Romo and Witten? Not so much. They were too busy partying, going Hollywood and living la vida loca!

FACTS!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And you are not a serious person if dont blame Quincy and Bryant for not being major contributors to that.

Year 1: was 10-6 with probably one of the least talented rosters in Cowboys history (coming off 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons). Easily a top 3 coaching performance of all time. Quincy is cut in training camp for drugs (would have been suspended anyway). All that available 700 year old Vinnie Testeverde

Year 2: 6-10 because of the above.

Year 3: 9-7 with stop gap Bledose

Year 4: 9-7 playoffs - bobbled snap...

3/4 Winning seasons with a different QB, drafted HOF OLB, solid interior Dline and Marion Barber. That 4 year stint alone would be HOF worthy
Lol...Hall of Fame worthy? Only if its so called "leaders" were actually responsible and fully dedicated, instead of going Hollywood and seeking the limelight. Yes, nice responsible team Parsmells built.

Big_D

Reaction score
You're full of it...seriously. You go from a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007 to a team being done/finished 3 years later? That's bunk. Absolutely, the head coaches at the time were junk, but what about holding the players accountable? Romo and Witten were going to concerts on a hot Saturday WHILE the team was away for the weekend for a game trip at the Minnesota Vikings. The Cowboys lost that game against the Vikings, and Romo and Witten were interviewed afterwards...showing everyone just how sun burned they were from the outdoor arena rock concert they both attended together. Yeah, this is the same bunch of so called leaders who flew down to Cabo during the team's earned playoffs "bye week" just so they could "study" for their playoffs opponent (which they lost to). Yeah, let's just blame the coaches and give beloved Romo and Witten a pass after another pass.

Heck, Jerry hired a nobody in Barry Switzer after firing Jimmy Johnson, yet Switzer was still able to lead the team to another SB Championship with the same team that Jimmy built. Why was that? Because Troy, Emmitt and Michael made sure to keep the team focused and responsible. Romo and Witten? Not so much. They were too busy partying, going Hollywood and living la vida loca!

FACTS!

lol the coach hired by Jerry sent them. He told them to take a vacation. If the owner knew how to build a team, then you would hold the players accountable. Trading 3 picks for a 27 year old WR, real shocker that didn’t work out. How about the situation right from the start. What owner hires a no experience OC before the HC? You saw his intentions with Garrett on day 1. That team went to crap very quickly and Jerry is the reason why.

Leadership starts with coaching who demands accountability. That’s exactly why Jimmy’s team won with Switzer. They already reached the height of success and knew what it took. Jerry handed the keys to a couple of crap coaches then proceeded to make one ridiculous move after the other. You’re fooling yourself! Like I said.. he was an inept POS. 13 pro bowlers in 2007. What did they win in 2008? lol I know the team was good in 07 and by 2010 they were garbage! And again here we are 12 years later still waiting. And it’s not even a shock!

So you hold the players accountable then, I guess today’s group of chokers are a different story?

what’s funny is people will rip on Switzer who won multiple national championships and a super bowl. Then talk like Garrett or Phillips are comparable?? lmao what a joke. Even funnier insinuating that team in 07 was just as good as the 95 team. lol I think you’re delirious!

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol the coach hired by Jerry sent them. He told them to take a vacation. If the owner knew how to build a team, then you would hold the players accountable. Trading 3 picks for a 27 year old WR, real shocker that didn’t work out. How about the situation right from the start. What owner hires a no experience OC before the HC? You saw his intentions with Garrett on day 1. That team went to crap very quickly and Jerry is the reason why.

Leadership starts with coaching who demands accountability. That’s exactly why Jimmy’s team won with Switzer. They already reached the height of success and knew what it took. Jerry handed the keys to a couple of crap coaches then proceeded to make one ridiculous move after the other. You’re fooling yourself! Like I said.. he was an inept POS. 13 pro bowlers in 2007. What did they win in 2008? lol I know the team was good in 07 and by 2010 they were garbage! And again here we are 12 years later still waiting. And it’s not even a shock!

So you hold the players accountable then, I guess today’s group of chokers are a different story?

what’s funny is people will rip on Switzer who won multiple national championships and a super bowl. Then talk like Garrett or Phillips are comparable?? lmao what a joke. Even funnier insinuating that team in 07 was just as good as the 95 team. lol I think you’re delirious!
You lack in serious reading comprehension or you are terrible in accountability. I said the coaches were junk, but you refuse to hold Romo, Witten and the players accountable for their actions. I guess it breaks your achey-breaky heart too much? Start holding them accountable as well, and maybe your comments will be taken much more seriously.

Big_D

Reaction score
You lack in serious reading comprehension or you are terrible in accountability. I said the coaches were junk, but you refuse to hold Romo, Witten and the players accountable for their actions. I guess it breaks your achey-breaky heart too much? Start holding them accountable as well, and maybe your comments will be taken much more seriously.

ridiculous, if the coaches are junk then you already have a problem before the game even starts. Not only are the coaches crap, the owner is crap and his inability to draft or even make a competent decision is pretty apparent. Way to play both sides of the fence. Accountability and leadership starts up top, if you don’t have it there, then you just don’t have it. Players don’t draft, they don’t pick coaches or scheme or any of it. Jerry screwed that team and holding the players accountable for it is laughable!

Big_D

Reaction score
BTW those trips to games and player outings.. their BFF coach was right there with them. That is serious leadership! lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
ridiculous, if the coaches are junk then you already have a problem before the game even starts. Not only are the coaches crap, the owner is crap and his inability to draft or even make a competent decision is pretty apparent. Way to play both sides of the fence. Accountability and leadership starts up top, if you don’t have it there, then you just don’t have it. Players don’t draft, they don’t pick coaches or scheme or any of it. Jerry screwed that team and holding the players accountable for it is laughable!
Once again, you're full of it. How were you raised? To blame your parents for every dumb decision you make? Pfft. BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS, ESPECIALLY AS AN ADULT. Something you clearly refuse to accept and learn.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Antonio Bryant, along with Quincy Carter, could have been very special for the Cowboys if it wasn't for Parsmells.

Old 34-32 ruined their careers and hurt the Cowboys.

That's your serious take on both players washing out? They made their own big boy choices and ruined their own careers.

Big_D

Reaction score
Once again, you're full of it. How were you raised? To blame your parents for every dumb decision you make? Pfft. BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS, ESPECIALLY AS AN ADULT. Something you clearly refuse to accept and learn.

go back to thinking the pro bowl is a real stat. You got no argument so you’ll just cling to this garbage. lol

gimmesix

Reaction score
Parcells ruined Julius Jones, but not many will agree because they can't get off Parcells sack. Just because he was a good coach and got this team going back in the right direction doesn't mean he never made mistakes.

I don't know if it's fair to say he ruined Jones, but he certainly didn't do him any favors by trying to make him into the kind of back he wasn't. Marion Barber much better fit Parcells' expectations for the position.

Jones played three more seasons after leaving Dallas. He played for different coaches and yet was not able to resurrect his career (although he did average 4.4 per carry in Seattle). I'm not sure his career was going to be much different than it was.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
go back to thinking the pro bowl is a real stat. You got no argument so you’ll just cling to this garbage. lol
Who is talking about Pro Bowls? Bringing up other non-related stuff in order to deflect? That's what irresponsible people do. Typical. Like I said, you clearly refuse accountability.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Oh, I agree, but Parsmells and his big ego certainly didn't help.

A lot of successful coaches have big egos (and some unsuccessful ones). I don't think Parcells' was any bigger than Johnson's. Both coaches had their way of doing things and expected players to toe the line. Troy Aikman practically couldn't stand it going from Johnson's disciplined approach to Barry Switzer's laid-back atmosphere.

Big_D

Reaction score
Who is talking about Pro Bowls? Bringing up other non-related stuff in order to deflect? That's what irresponsible people do. Typical. Like I said, you clearly refuse accountability.

Enlighten us.. accountability for what? What did these players do that other players weren’t doing around the league that had any effect on the field? Give us the run down!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Enlighten us.. accountability for what? What did these players do that other players weren’t doing around the league that had any effect on the field? Give us the run down!
Now you're acting dumb (natural for you).

Like I said twice before, you refuse to hold the players accountable because it breaks your heart and you very likely are the same way yourself. Yet, you wonder why this team hasn't even reached a NFC Championship Game in 26 years?

Uhhh, when the players start holding themselves accountable and start acting like men, instead of boys, maybe then this team will start reaching a conference championship game again.

Big_D

Reaction score
Now you're acting dumb (natural for you).

Like I said twice before, you refuse to hold the players accountable because it breaks your heart and you very likely are the same way yourself. Yet, you wonder why this team hasn't even reached a NFC Championship Game in 26 years?

Uhhh, when the players start holding themselves accountable and start acting like men, instead of boys, maybe then this team will start reaching a conference championship game again.

This is hilarious!! you have zero argument. You kep talking about holding players “accountable”? But don’t say who what when where why? Way to get to the specifics! lol The more you say it the more ridiculous it is!