Twitter: The forgotten 88

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Chale! I'm going to disagree with you on both of your points if you don't mind. About Romo choking when it matters and Parcell's destroyed the careers of Bryant and Carter.

Parcell's is the one who brought this team back from the grave. He took a terrible 5-11 team to the playoffs the year he became the coach and doubled their wins from the previous season. Quincy had two bad years BEFORE Parcell's came. His only good season came under Parcell's watch. What did Bryant and Quincy do after they left? Bryant had one good year. That's it! Parcell's didn't want TO. Parcell's had always said if he's going to do the cooking he needs to buy the groceries. Yes, Parcell's was a shell of his former self because he got older, but he saved our team and he didn't destroy their careers.

I'm going to take up for Romo here. I got banned by Quickdraw at the other site because of my criticism of him when he said, if that's the only negative thing people can say about him is that he couldn't win the big one, then that's okay by him. I'll admit that ruffled a lot of feathers including mine. But let's be real here and you can call me a Romosexual if you want because I'm also a Dakstan, AikMAN, Whitehead and a Staubacker. I try to back them through thick and thin because they play for my favorite team. IMO rooting against them is like rooting against your own team. Some bad calls against him and some bad player plays played a huge role in his playoff failures. Off the top of my head. The new slippery ball instead of the one Gramática preferred, The non-catch that was a catch, the BS 12 men in the huddle penalty that killed that drive and we had the momentum, the Murray fumble that was a sure TD, Patrick Crayton stopped on a route for a sure TD and the BS illegal grounding penalty on 3rd down in the final minute of the game. I'm sure others can think of more.

It's okay to criticize a player or your team, but to say Dak/Zeke/Parcells/Romo, etc, sucks, when they don't, is stupid IMO. Just my $0.02 on all this, my man. :thumbup:
When did I ever say Romo sucks? Oyes, Vato, keep your personal feelings out of this bro. I said Romo is a Choker, which he was. How many seasons come Week 17 with the playoffs and division title on the line did Romo choke away? CHINGOS!!! Those are legit signs of choking under pressure. Also, el vato went Hollywood right off the bat since 2006 when he finally got to start. Apoco no, ese? You know it's true. We all saw what Romo did off the field over and over. The dude seeked the limelight, and he became addicted to it to the point he started making lots of mistakes and dumb decisions. Pinche aguite! Apoco no? Come on, homie... admit it. If Romo had taken his early youth prime years more seriously (he failed miserably to abide by Parsmells 10 Commandments for any franchise QB to follow if they want to be successful), Romo would have performed much better when the heat was on and during the playoffs. As for Parsmells, he wasn't all that. Darn ego hurt the team as much as it supposedly helped it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Im saying the team assembled here was pure crap. Jerry was a dunce from draft day to free agency. 5 wins a year was actually a miracle considering the makeup of that roster and the mismanagement that snowballed into complete garbage. By 2007 there was a team ready to compete in the playoffs and once again Jerry screwed that up. It's been 14 years since with zero results!!! I'm not even sure what your argument is considering this teams track record. One coach brought a tiny glimmer of hope in 25 years otherwise there's been none at all.
How did Jerry screw up the franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers led 2007 team? Please enlighten us.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He couldn't throw a spiral consistently.

One of the worst pure passers I've ever seen at the NFL level.

Probably his biggest issue. He strong armed nearly everything and if it didn't come out perfect it was often a complete misfire or flailing duck.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
When did I ever say Romo sucks? Oyes, Vato, keep your personal feelings out of this bro.

When I said that, I was generally speaking. That's why I wrote that away from my thoughts on your Romo chokes and on Bryant/Carter. I've never seen you say Dak or Zeke sucks or criticize them in any way so you should've known I wasn't referring that to you. Romo might have choked on some chances to go to the playoffs but that Green Bay and Giants playoff games he played well enough to win. He didn't choke away those big games. Bad calls and some of his teammates choked away those games. So IMO to say he chokes in big games is not quite accurate.

I don't post with my personal feelings or I would bash him too. Reading all that you wrote about him, upset about his life outside of football, sounds like YOU are posting with personal feelings. You don't think...?

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When I said that, I was generally speaking. That's why I wrote that away from my thoughts on your Romo chokes and on Bryant/Carter. I've never seen you say Dak or Zeke sucks or criticize them in any way so you should've known I wasn't referring that to you. Romo might have choked on some chances to go to the playoffs but that Green Bay and Giants playoff games he played well enough to win. He didn't choke away those big games. Bad calls and some of his teammates choked away those games. So IMO to say he chokes in big games in not accurate.

I don't post with my personal feelings or I would bash him too. Reading all that you wrote about him, upset about his life outside of football, sounds like YOU are posting with personal feelings. You don't think...?
Wrong. You only have 1 chance to excel and actually do something as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. To use your youthful years, your prime years, seeking the limelight and going Hollywood is inexcusable. We saw the results. By the time Romo started taking things seriously (when he got married), his body was already breaking down. We all saw it. Ya para que? Too late!

If you want to proclaim that as me taking it personal? You'd better believe it! You only get 1 chance to make some noise when you're in your prime, but you waste it away? Chale, I don't respect anyone who does that.

chagus

Reaction score
Nombre! You're one of those Romosexuals? Romo couldn't even follow Parsmells 10 Commandments! That's why he choked when it mattered the most.

Oh, Romo, he's our savior!! :muttley::facepalm:

Got tired of hearing that bunk from "La Raza" for 11 years. What a joke. He wanted to be a Hollywood star and a professional golfer more than he wanted to be a pro QB...and for our Dallas Cowboys.
Nombre, Raza! :facepalm:

Yeah, i am EXACTLY that.

And you are one of those annoying fans that mindlessly complained the entire time when in reality, what choice did you have? Bring back Bledsoe or Testaverde? Or give One Trick Pony Quincy a second, second chance?

Romo gave us fans hope and made the games competitiveand fun to watch again.

But... now i know what kind of fan you are as i had to deal with them back home and its nearly impossible to explain any kind of logic whatsoever. If you thought Tony was a bad QB, you literally have no clue and probably never will.

Hollywood? heh heh.

Nambre guay, dont be jealous.

Last edited:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Wrong. You only have 1 chance to excel and actually do something as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. To use your youthful years, your prime years, seeking the limelight and going Hollywood is inexcusable. We saw the results. By the time Romo started taking things seriously (when he got married), his body was already breaking down. We all saw it. Ya para que? Too late!

If you want to proclaim that as me taking it personal? You'd better believe it! You only get 1 chance to make some noise when you're in your prime, but you waste it away? Chale, I don't respect anyone who does that.

If I were single, I think I too would've went Hollywood with Jessica Simpson in her prime. Lol And I'm anti-Hollywood too. Like I said before, I got banned at the Cowboys site that was deleted for criticizing my man, Romo. But after seeing his episode on "A Football Life" I decided to forgive the dude for all his past mistakes. He's a likable guy. I had to let it go just like the Danny White era, and eventually the Jason Garrett era. I'm not ready to fully forgive just yet. Lol

chagus

Reaction score
Absolutely! Him, his ego and his big mouth!

What was Parsmells record in Dallas? 34-32. Yet, you're defending him for those kind of results? Really?!?!

Yeah. I am. Parcells took a completely horrible team and changed it into a moderately competitive team. That called POSITIVE results.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, the last play in the clip he scored a TD and dunked the ball. We were down by 30 with less than 2 minutes left.

For as bad as Carter was i hope to never see video of Hutchinson throwing a ball again. Bad memories.
Cant leave Stoerner off the list

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If I were single, I think I too would've went Hollywood with Jessica Simpson in her prime. Lol And I'm anti-Hollywood too. Like I said before, I got banned at the Cowboys site that was deleted for criticizing my man, Romo. But after seeing his episode on "A Football Life" I decided to forgive the dude for all his past mistakes. He's a likable guy. I had to let it go just like the Danny White era, and eventually the Jason Garrett era. I'm not ready to fully forgive just yet. Lol

For all the heat Romo took for his first round bye week getaway to Mexico with Jessica Simpson,people ignore the fact he was back before the Cowboys even knew who their divisional round opponent was going to be (the winner of the Giants-Bucs wild card game, which of course was New York). And Romo's endzone pick didn't lose the Giants playoff game in 2007 as much as Patrick Crayton dropping a touchdown pass and another critcial third down throw. I say this because the game re-aired on NFL Network last night.

Having said that, in hindsight I think Romo would not have taken that trip if he knew the outside perception would be so bad. The Cowboys of 2007 were good enough to win the Super Bowl. By the time Romo matured as a player the talent around him deteriorated; and his career ended up being a lot of stats without hardware. It's unfortunate, but all we can do is hope Dak can reverse that trend.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The Cowboys of 2007 were good enough to win the Super Bowl.

Yes they were. They had swept the Giants in the regular season scoring 45 and 31 points againsts a very very good Giants D who held one of the most explosive offenses to 14 points in the Super Bowl. If it wasn't for Crayton we win that game. Ugh. Still hurts.

What was this thread about again? Lol :oops:

Big_D

Reaction score
How did Jerry screw up the franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers led 2007 team? Please enlighten us.

Are you kidding? he hired 2 complete slobs as coach, the draft sucked, then the following year he trades 3 picks for Roy Williams and the draft sucked. Jerry was an inept POS. You obviously don't remember. Then within 3 short years the team was pure crap again!! lol As if the Garrett Phillips debacle wasn't enough, by the time 2010 rolled around the team was already in shambles....2011 back to the drawing board and another poor decision that lasted 10 years. Just funny people talk about 13 Pro Bowlers.. and yes they actually could've went on to do something if the owner wasn't a complete jackazz!

You'll blame Romo, yet the "GM" didn't draft Oline until his QB was 32 years old. He basically tossed draft picks in the garbage.. "Romo didn't need linemen cause he was mobile". Words straight from the horses mouth. He took a team that could've went on a run and basically killed it with his very first decision and then every decision after. Let me know when you need more enlightenment.

Last edited:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Nah. Some people simply can't handle the truth.

Remember...34-32.
And you are not a serious person if dont blame Quincy and Bryant for not being major contributors to that.

Year 1: was 10-6 with probably one of the least talented rosters in Cowboys history (coming off 3 consecutive 5-11 seasons). Easily a top 3 coaching performance of all time. Quincy is cut in training camp for drugs (would have been suspended anyway). All that available 700 year old Vinnie Testeverde

Year 2: 6-10 because of the above.

Year 3: 9-7 with stop gap Bledose

Year 4: 9-7 playoffs - bobbled snap...

3/4 Winning seasons with a different QB, drafted HOF OLB, solid interior Dline and Marion Barber. That 4 year stint alone would be HOF worthy

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thought this thread was about Ron Sellers, at least he had a game winning playoff catch....

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Cant leave Stoerner off the list
At least he was like a 3rd string guy who only started because of injury. People like legitimately thought Hutchinson could be good (myself included at the time (I was young)). It just looks so bad now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A hothead but a darn good player.......

Really is a shame he and Parcells clashed like he did. He was a solid WR for us. Could've been great! Who knows what he'd have been with Romo at QB and Keyshawn/TO on the other side. I think he'd have been even more electric.