Twitter: The forgotten 88

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
2001 season[edit]
In the 2001 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys didn't have a first-round pick because of the trade that sent two first round choices to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for wide receiver Joey Galloway. Looking for a replacement to the recently retired Troy Aikman, Carter was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the second round (53rd overall). At the time, it was a selection that was criticized by the media as a reach and it was later reported that owner/general manager Jerry Jones influenced the organization into making it.
@Risen Star turned it into a Dak joke bro. Are you not familiar with his work?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Antonio Bryant, along with Quincy Carter, could have been very special for the Cowboys if it wasn't for Parsmells.

Old 34-32 ruined their careers and hurt the Cowboys.
yea. as evidenced when they lead the league in offensive stats after leaving. Bryant really changed the fortunes of all 3 teams he played for in the five years after leaving Dallas and LaVonya got cut by the Jets, the Canadian league and arena league

Rue the day

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Wow I missed the “throwbacks” they wore during this era. I was young and dumb enough to let some broad tell me I couldn’t watch football. Thankfully it was the cowboys were talking about or else I may have missed something.

chagus

Reaction score
To bad Quincy Carter was such a jughead. He threw a pretty nice ball.

Not really. Quincy could only throw to the sidelines. His lack of football smarts (and stoner lifestyle) were his downfall as he tried to rely on his physical talent instead of studying and LEARNING from Parcells... like Romo did.

He did have a pretty strong arm, iirc.

Side note: a drummer brother of mine met Quincy in San Juan, Tx @ Trevinio's bar in the RGV and even took a pic with him. Quincy covered up his mouth to tried and hide in the pic.
15110407_10211284871304349_7594488441327898530_o.jpg

photo.php

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yea. as evidenced when they lead the league in offensive stats after leaving. Bryant really changed the fortunes of all 3 teams he played for in the five years after leaving Dallas and LaVonya got cut by the Jets, the Canadian league and arena league

Rue the day
Keep defending Parsmells. He was average (34-32) as head coach for the Cowboys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not really. Quincy could only throw to the sidelines. His lack of football smarts (and stoner lifestyle) were his downfall as he tried to rely on his physical talent instead of studying and LEARNING from Parcells... like Romo did.

He did have a pretty strong arm, iirc.

Side note: a drummer brother of mine met Quincy in San Juan, Tx @ Trevinio's bar in the RGV and even took a pic with him. Quincy covered up his mouth to tried and hide in the pic.
15110407_10211284871304349_7594488441327898530_o.jpg

photo.php
Nombre! You're one of those Romosexuals? Romo couldn't even follow Parsmells 10 Commandments! That's why he choked when it mattered the most.

Oh, Romo, he's our savior!! :muttley::facepalm:

Got tired of hearing that bunk from "La Raza" for 11 years. What a joke. He wanted to be a Hollywood star and a professional golfer more than he wanted to be a pro QB...and for our Dallas Cowboys.
Nombre, Raza! :facepalm:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OOOOOOPS!

Thought this was a Drew Pearson thread..:flagwave:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seeing this love for Carter is pretty funny, the man was an INT machine, 32 TD and 37 ints but he threw a nice ball? lol yeah defenders loved his passes. As for as AB he did himself in, no doubt had talent but even after leaving Dallas he did not do much.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Parcells ruined Julius Jones, but not many will agree because they can't get off Parcells sack. Just because he was a good coach and got this team going back in the right direction doesn't mean he never made mistakes.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes but are you suggesting Parcells just be OK with fumbles? Players job to fix their flaws.

Besides, wasn't Julius' the back that couldn't absorb any contact? The slightest contact would turn a 40 yard TD into a three yard gain.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing, but are you covering up for Parsmells?

Im saying the team assembled here was pure crap. Jerry was a dunce from draft day to free agency. 5 wins a year was actually a miracle considering the makeup of that roster and the mismanagement that snowballed into complete garbage. By 2007 there was a team ready to compete in the playoffs and once again Jerry screwed that up. It's been 14 years since with zero results!!! I'm not even sure what your argument is considering this teams track record. One coach brought a tiny glimmer of hope in 25 years otherwise there's been none at all.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Nombre! You're one of those Romosexuals? Romo couldn't even follow Parsmells 10 Commandments! That's why he choked when it mattered the most.

Oh, Romo, he's our savior!! :muttley::facepalm:

Got tired of hearing that bunk from "La Raza" for 11 years. What a joke. He wanted to be a Hollywood star and a professional golfer more than he wanted to be a pro QB...and for our Dallas Cowboys.
Nombre, Raza! :facepalm:

Chale! I'm going to disagree with you on both of your points if you don't mind. About Romo choking when it matters and Parcell's destroyed the careers of Bryant and Carter.

Parcell's is the one who brought this team back from the grave. He took a terrible 5-11 team to the playoffs the year he became the coach and doubled their wins from the previous season. Quincy had two bad years BEFORE Parcell's came. His only good season came under Parcell's watch. What did Bryant and Quincy do after they left? Bryant had one good year. That's it! Parcell's didn't want TO. Parcell's had always said if he's going to do the cooking he needs to buy the groceries. Yes, Parcell's was a shell of his former self because he got older, but he saved our team and he didn't destroy their careers.

I'm going to take up for Romo here. I got banned by Quickdraw at the other site because of my criticism of him when he said, if that's the only negative thing people can say about him is that he couldn't win the big one, then that's okay by him. I'll admit that ruffled a lot of feathers including mine. But let's be real here and you can call me a Romosexual if you want because I'm also a Dakstan, AikMAN, Whitehead and a Staubacker. I try to back them through thick and thin because they play for my favorite team. IMO rooting against them is like rooting against your own team. Some bad calls against him and some bad player plays played a huge role in his playoff failures. Off the top of my head. The new slippery ball instead of the one Gramática preferred, The non-catch that was a catch, the BS 12 men in the huddle penalty that killed that drive and we had the momentum, the Murray fumble that was a sure TD, Patrick Crayton stopped on a route for a sure TD and the BS illegal grounding penalty on 3rd down in the final minute of the game. I'm sure others can think of more.

It's okay to criticize a player or your team, but to say Dak/Zeke/Parcells/Romo, etc, sucks, when they don't, is stupid IMO. Just my $0.02 on all this, my man. :thumbup: