CFZ The Front Office, McClay also Nailed it on the Tight End Group

kskboys

Reaction score
Its salary cap money. If you dont care about that, then your just a casual fan. Most of us talk about overpaying all day on here. If you dont care, then you just dont care.
How in hades do people get this so wrong? No one cares about Jerry's personal money. Well, maybe a few really lame people, but the discussions concerning the salary cap and how the allotted money is spent are strictly about team building.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How in hades do people get this so wrong? No one cares about Jerry's personal money. Well, maybe a few really lame people, but the discussions concerning the salary cap and how the allotted money is spent are strictly about team building.

Its just what someone says when are losing the argument and cant say anything else.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Shultz had a better year last year than Kittle or Goedert catching the ball. The young rookies are dual threat blockers. They have been a big part of the run game success.
Lol imagine thinking defenses are game planning for dalton schultz. He benefitted off the talent around him. Amari Cooper was to this offense what micah is now on the defense. The other d lineman are benefitting from micah drawing attention

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol imagine thinking defenses are game planning for dalton schultz. He benefitted off the talent around him. Amari Cooper was to this offense what micah is now on the defense. The other d lineman are benefitting from micah drawing attention

Cooper was nothing more than another good receiver. Some 800 yards worth. Clearly we dont miss him as this team is 6-2 and balling out with Dak back.

Cooper was no Micah Parsons. Its laughable to think that. If he was, he would still be here. As it was, Cooper was the #3 pass catcher on this team last year. Thats why he is gone.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Cooper was nothing more than another good receiver. Some 800 yards worth. Clearly we dont miss him as this team is 6-2 and balling out with Dak back.

Cooper was no Micah Parsons. Its laughable to think that. If he was, he would still be here. As it was, Cooper was the #3 pass catcher on this team last year. Thats why he is gone.
How that passing offense look this year? You homers dont watch any other football players and its really obvious if you think dalton schultz is above average

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wow, took 2 pages before the first Negative Nancy.
5c32193aba8714f7279f21156a7378b6d202b3063c6b6d7e2ab06c26ab8b052f.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its salary cap money. If you dont care about that, then your just a casual fan. Most of us talk about overpaying all day on here. If you dont care, then you just dont care.
Anyone who thinks Cowboys will spend major money in free agency so either dense or in denial….or both.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not his pocket, that's what I'm trying to tell you. There's a salary minimum, and that money has to be spent. The 20 mil is rolled over into the next offseason, where we'll use it to pay Diggs and others.

Let me try again. This has absolutely nothing to do w/ Jerry's personal finances.
Let me try this again….Jerry is not spending money on free agents. Where the hell have you been? Or are you one of these fans who refuse to see what’s in front of you? If you are just say that so we can stop this back and forth. I can’t engage in a Cowboys discussion with someone who isn’t paying attention to the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How that passing offense look this year? You homers dont watch any other football players and its really obvious if you think dalton schultz is above average

not very good with rush at qb. Much better with dak. Offense overall with dak looking great.

dalton last year was a top 5 pass catching te with dak. That is a statistical fact.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lateral agility, no I'm just being silly. It'll be those 3 anyways when he's gone next season. Dak likes to throw it safe to the TE often, I feel that these young guys can do that
If Schultz will play for a reasonable salary keep him. If not, don't. No more complicated than that!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Let me try this again….Jerry is not spending money on free agents. Where the hell have you been? Or are you one of these fans who refuse to see what’s in front of you? If you are just say that so we can stop this back and forth. I can’t engage in a Cowboys discussion with someone who isn’t paying attention to the team.
The sly little insult is cheap.

Keeping some money aside for the youngsters and the future was very wise this offseason. Or are you one of those who can't see what's right in front of your face? If you are, just say so. If you're not paying attention, move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The sly little insult is cheap.

Keeping some money aside for the youngsters and the future was very wise this offseason. Or are you one of those who can't see what's right in front of your face? If you are, just say so. If you're not paying attention, move on.
I'm just giving you the same energy you gave me. I guess you thought you "got one" over me when I said I don't care about Jerry's money. They don't have to sign Parsons or Lamb for a few years so it falls on deaf ears if you're trying to sell they didn't spend money these last few seasons because they want to spend money on guys like Lamb, Diggs and Parsons who are years away from having to be re-signed. Its a cop out. It also goes against what they've said they tried to do which is spend money on Von Miller.

quickccc

Reaction score
They got a couple of guys that at this early point are serviceable.
They've contributed in the run game and had spot moments in the pass game.

We dunno yet any one can be a featured TE should the team decide to walk away from the free agent Schultz next offseason.
But even serviceable contributors is better than what we've had with injury prone softie Blake Jarwin and JAG Jeremy Sprinkles. .