The future is finally in focus

erod

Reaction score
Sounds impressive but I'm not much into futures. I need to see the product perform.

A great plan Erod. Not sure why you have confidence we'll pull it off. Hope yes but confidence? We'll see. I applaud your eternal optimism .

Talent acquisition has improved dramatically in recent years. Except when Jerry gets all excited and forces Hardy and Gregory on Garrett. (I still can't believe Garrett let Nick Saban talk him into Ro McClain.)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Talent acquisition has improved dramatically in recent years. Except when Jerry gets all excited and forces Hardy and Gregory on Garrett. (I still can't believe Garrett let Nick Saban talk him into Ro McClain.)
We've hit consistently in first round . That pretty well sums up our talent acquisitions besides hitting on Dak. The lack of depth on this team relates directly to our risk in 2nd rounds and throughout most of the drafts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Basically just hitting on first round picks is much too slow a process in Cap era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We go thru this every year talking up our new and improved acquisitions . A return to prominence in the playoffs . And something always fails us.

And why I'm a wait and see fan now. Reality has been brutal this era.

coult44

Reaction score
I believe when he was healthy Romo was an elite QB in the NFL. At times he's was he only thing entertaining for us to watch during the last 12 years. He was the only reason for the popcorn. There aren't many better people in along DFW. He's literally the definition of a Landry or Parcels type player. I would've taken him over almost all the QBs in the NFL just a few years ago.

Here's the but. He hurt his back!! It's that simple. I said it the first time. Then the 2nd, 3rd, and now 4th. Once you hurt your back all bets are off, the game changes. Once they cut on you, it's OVER!!! Tony is such a pro and competitor that he will never give up and he's never going to change his style. It's what made Tony, Tony. He can't become some Manning type QB because that's not him. He wouldn't have been great just being a pocket type QB.

I want the old Tony Romo. I think it would make Dak even better than he is to be able to watch Tony do his thing live for a year or two. Again, here comes the but. We are never going to see it again. He's an almost 40 year old guy playing with and against bigger, faster, stronger athletes than there were just two years ago. Every snap he takes He will always be anticipating and/or preparing for the hit that ends it forever, and that's not a good thing for the team to be thinking about. It's time to move on.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I believe when he was healthy Romo was an elite QB in the NFL. At times he's was he only thing entertaining for us to watch during the last 12 years. He was the only reason for the popcorn. There aren't many better people in along DFW. He's literally the definition of a Landry or Parcels type player. I would've taken him over almost all the QBs in the NFL just a few years ago.

Here's the but. He hurt his back!! It's that simple. I said it the first time. Then the 2nd, 3rd, and now 4th. Once you hurt your back all bets are off, the game changes. Once they cut on you, it's OVER!!! Tony is such a pro and competitor that he will never give up and he's never going to change his style. It's what made Tony, Tony. He can't become some Manning type QB because that's not him. He wouldn't have been great just being a pocket type QB.

I want the old Tony Romo. I think it would make Dak even better than he is to be able to watch Tony do his thing live for a year or two. Again, here comes the but. We are never going to see it again. He's an almost 40 year old guy playing with and against bigger, faster, stronger athletes than there were just two years ago. Every snap he takes He will always be anticipating and/or preparing for the hit that ends it forever, and that's not a good thing for the team to be thinking about. It's time to move on.

I liked your post even though I disagree. I think you are overstating things with regard to Romo's back. He had the back surgery before the 2014 season and played at a ridiculously high level after it. Any other injuries he's had have not been due to his back surgery, and his ability to throw the ball has not been compromised. Yes, I cringe when he gets tackled. But when he's on the field he's among the best QBs in the league, and that's a great thing for a team to be thinking about.

Edit: And I'd like to point out that because of Dak the team will not feel the same trepidation in the event of a Romo injury. They will believe in Dak, they look like they already do. That's a far cry from the team last year when marching out our line of misfit backups was a disaster for everyone involved. Now if Romo plays you get great QB play, if he gets hurt you get good (and getting better weekly) QB play. So Romo can lift the team, but it's no longer as if the team will just sink without him.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score

I agree that if you are referring about Romo's old lower back issue--the one requiring him to do core strength work daily for the rest of his career.
That could flare up again.
But it hasn't yet.

The L1 compression fracture was totally fluky and totally unrelated. It is not the type of injury that is recurring. The doctor said a full recovery with no future affects is expected.
That's not the same as lower back stuff he had.

Romo was pretty good in 2014. The l1 compression fracture and the broken collarbone are not supposed to affect anything he does going forward.
The only argument that would say he can't be what he was is if someone thinks the old lower back thing is going to go off on him.

Otherwise--as witnessed by everyone in all the entire off season--he should be very, very good still.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I've had enough turns debating against your misguided ignorance. It's like arguing with a child.

Congratulations, you just became the second person I've ever put on ignore during my long tenure on this message board.

Have a good life.
Ifs its who I think your talking about. I noticed there was no post from him after the Sunday victory but plenty of negs up till then.
Thats a troll.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I agree that if you are referring about Romo's old lower back issue--the one requiring him to do core strength work daily for the rest of his career.
That could flare up again.
But it hasn't yet.

The L1 compression fracture was totally fluky and totally unrelated. It is not the type of injury that is recurring. The doctor said a full recovery with no future affects is expected.
That's not the same as lower back stuff he had.

Romo was pretty good in 2014. The l1 compression fracture and the broken collarbone are not supposed to affect anything he does going forward.
The only argument that would say he can't be what he was is if someone thinks the old lower back thing is going to go off on him.

Otherwise--as witnessed by everyone in all the entire off season--he should be very, very good still.
I hope thats accurate

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
You simply know very little about football. And I have no interest in teaching you.

Go find another forum. You add nothing here.

It's true. Roy Boy and all the other Dak idol worshipers are sad. Sure he's the future: maybe as soon as next season, but for now TR absolutely gives this team the best chance to win. Neither game with NY or Wash. is close if Romo is in there. Dak is very impressive, but he is limited due to his inexperience. They both continually loaded the box to stop Zeke and did so. This shortens the field considerably. IF Tony can't come back physically (doubtful) then Dak is the man. Until then, Dak's fan club needs to STHU.