Twitter: The Gallup TD was all Dak, here's proof

zerofill

Reaction score
Seeing that play makes you realize "luck" is a real thing... That is embarrassing how prepared everyone looked to run that play. Prepared, we obviously were not...

lucky...

We obviously were... Since Dak should have been decapitated on that play.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm half and half on the throw honestly.

I liked it because it was risky. Aggressive. I like it when he makes throws like that because it shows his confidence. He also fit it in a tight window.

However, it was almost picked off. Put a good CB there and it would've been picked off. It was almost too risky of a throw...
Gallup should get 80% of the credit for getting low and making the play, but none of that would have happened had Dak not made the risky throw in the first place...

I don't understand. Why would you like that? Take a look at Witten on that play. He's open for 6 over the top as well and it's a much easier throw but whatever. We screwed up that route, basically two receivers running the same route to the same area of the field and the Giants still screwed up their coverage horribly. Giants are a horrible defense this year, without a doubt.

Iago33

Reaction score
I'm half and half on the throw honestly.

I liked it because it was risky. Aggressive. I like it when he makes throws like that because it shows his confidence. He also fit it in a tight window.

However, it was almost picked off. Put a good CB there and it would've been picked off. It was almost too risky of a throw...
Gallup should get 80% of the credit for getting low and making the play, but none of that would have happened had Dak not made the risky throw in the first place...
I think Dak thought he had a free play due to the nose tackle coming across early. That’s why it was risky. I’m not sure why there wasn’t a flag

cern

Reaction score
I think Elliott was lined up for a possible screen. My problem with Baldinger is his not having a clue why the linebacker stopped.

The linebacker's key was Elliott. His assignment was likely to rush Prescott if Elliott ran a route since New York was in zone coverage with the blitz coming from his side. However, Elliott stopped and turned inside. which indicated a possible quick screen. The linebacker stopped to take away the screen pass.
That's the way I saw it. And it also explains why collins blocked the way he did. A great sales job. Ballinger sounded like a fool to me.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Am I the only person who thinks it was just a fire play with most of the team thinking if was a defensive offside? Watch an Aaron Rodgers offside play. Most of the players on the field basically freeze and the wideouts just run up the field. That's what this looked like to me. Dak threw a risky pass thinking it was a free play and the refs seemed to allow the play without a flag because who knows why.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak did what a QB is supposed to do who's looking to ink a 30M+ deal, more importantly, I didn't know Gallup had that in him...kudos #13 keep growing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Great throw by Dak.

Still a great effort by Gallup though flying into the endzone!

that was a great throw....just over the defender and in place for gallup to catch. the TD throw to Cooper was also great....hit him in stride and led him with the throw that allowed him to run after the catch....in contrast to the two throws he made in the GB game to cooper, where he put it behind him in one and short on the other.

Flamma

Reaction score
Someone else already mentioned it, but the outside linebacker stopped because of Zeke. The one thing Dak could have done better was throw it higher. Dak just barely got it over the DBs hand and Gallup had to pick that up before it hit the ground. Either way, good read by Dak and Gallup kicks ***.

ultron

Reaction score
Everyone is wide open, I don't see the issue here

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
More like the #89 t.d. was pure unadulterated DAK,,,as that left flank of his pocket wall was fixing to tsunami down upon him,,, forcing him to immediately abandon 50% of his availabile offensive targets,,, he'd "caught" Jarwin just bumming around whistling while looking fer' four leaf clovers, as he appeared to be the one player most startled in seeing that ball coming to him,,, and while you know full well I'm not even remotely attempting in denigrating nor defraying the absolute brilliance exhibited in large part by the #13's man-stud casing-liner,,, that particular pass/ connect was a huddle called play,while that striped*SS Shaved ape mo-doc #89ramble fer' t d. town wasn't,,,just sayingo_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players didn’t know the play on a key red zone possession. That’s on everyone, but the buck stops with JG. IMO.
Obviously Dak knew where the receivers were going to be, and in any case, it's one play. It's nonsensical to cherry pick individual plays and overblow their importance. How would you take it if somone cherry picked a good play and said "that's why we all should love Garrett"?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Great throw by Dak.

Still a great effort by Gallup though flying into the endzone!

That dude is so full of overgrandization with hisself,he prolly hails from Casa Grande/he sounds like it anyway,,,SHEESE!,,, #4 sure as hell knew where he was fixing to lay his cone of fire at,,, straight from the git'go :rolleyes:

*That dudes a genuine operational dumb*$$, over voicing that play*