Twitter: The Gallup TD was all Dak, here's proof

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Was one of Dak's best throws.. He looked like Dan Marino if for only that one play. The way he stood in the pocket... and just gunned it with confidence with perfect placement.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Dak thought he had a free play due to the nose tackle coming across early. That’s why it was risky. I’m not sure why there wasn’t a flag
I'm glad they didn't throw the flag. Probably would've distracted Dak.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sounded like a moron diagnosing a play. Zeke was lined up outside as a receiver. When he saw the lb free he considered blocking him but realized he couldn't and continued his route. There was no confusion. The end result of the play was a td. I'll take that all day long.
No $*** & my sentiments,,,as well:starspin:

:lmao:lmao:lmao:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke goofed. Collins definitely appears to have had the play wrong. I'm not sure why we have Cooper and Gallup running together, if that was a design or just a foul-up.
It was clearly oversaturation on the right flank by design,,, that's as obvious as a steaming turd dropped in one's mess-kit come dinner time,,,,,:facepalm:,,o_O

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Explain to us how that's Garrett's fault, please?

Are you really going to argue that the coach isn't responsible for making sure players know their assignments on a given play etc?

The number of mental breakdowns under JG is off the charts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously Dak knew where the receivers were going to be, and in any case, it's one play. It's nonsensical to cherry pick individual plays and overblow their importance. How would you take it if somone cherry picked a good play and said "that's why we all should love Garrett"?
Valid

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think that Elliott as soon as he saw that no one was blocking that defender decided he better stay there as an outlet. It looks like he thought about trying to block the defende3r, but then thought better of it, which did cause the defender to hesitate.
How in THE ABSOLUTE HECK did Collins NOT take the outside man? What was he looking at? That’s absolutely pathetic.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you really going to argue that the coach isn't responsible for making sure players know their assignments on a given play etc?

The number of mental breakdowns under JG is off the charts.
I'm going to argue that if Baldinger is right, and it was a broken play, as opposed to everyone thinking the Giants were offsides, or even that the play went as planned, then the coach responsible for preparing the players would be Moore, not Garrett. His play design, him calling the plays.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Great throw by Dak.

Still a great effort by Gallup though flying into the endzone!

You just pointed out the great play and effort by Gallup. So you just proved your own theory wrong.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Obviously Dak knew where the receivers were going to be, and in any case, it's one play. It's nonsensical to cherry pick individual plays and overblow their importance. How would you take it if somone cherry picked a good play and said "that's why we all should love Garrett"?
I don’t view one good play and one nearly failed play as the same thing. Having players not prepared for a play is something that shouldn’t happen ever.

Successful good plays should happen often.

Ive noticed a pattern with Garrett over the 9 years and not being fully prepared is part of that. Not understanding the clock, not changing what is clearly not working, and seemingly not having the team ready for big games falls on him.

At some point enough is enough. He’s had plenty of issues where I can and do look at a play like that as emblematic of his coaching career.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Oh, no doubt about it being a k 'the Hammer's M offensive arrangement,,, none what so ever,,, the mere positioning of #21's placement,,, proofs it out! as it easily fulfilled it's anticipatory designed effecto_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t view one good play and one nearly failed play as the same thing. Having players not prepared for a play is something that shouldn’t happen ever.

Successful good plays should happen often.

Ive noticed a pattern with Garrett over the 9 years and not being fully prepared is part of that. Not understanding the clock, not changing what is clearly not working, and seemingly not having the team ready for big games falls on him.

At some point enough is enough. He’s had plenty of issues where I can and do look at a play like that as emblematic of his coaching career.
lol - but the play you questioned didn't fail, and was not nearly the dramatic mistake you are making it out to be. There was no across he board confusion on the play, and Dak new exactly where his receiver was going to be. If anything, there was an individual player that messed up. Clearly most of the team was on the same page, so if someone wasn't it was player error, not a problem with play design or calling. And even if it was, it's nonsense to suggest one play defines a team or a coach.

Stick to real issues, like the Cowboys being too inconsistent during Garrett's time as coach, because this cherry picking and overblowing of small things is not the serious argument you envision.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Starting a thread like this is baiting Dak attacks. Both Dak and Gallup, did their parts on that play.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Great throw by Dak.

Still a great effort by Gallup though flying into the endzone!

You’ll never convince the never-Dak posters. Could care less. It was a good play by both players. Dak is a good QB, and Gallup is a good WR. Both will get better. Happy to have both on my team!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How in THE ABSOLUTE HECK did Collins NOT take the outside man? What was he looking at? That’s absolutely pathetic.

Dak audibled and apparently Collins either didn't know what the audible was or didn't hear it. He crashed down like we were pulling to his side.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It was clearly oversaturation on the right flank by design,,, that's as obvious as a steaming turd dropped in one's mess-kit come dinner time,,,,,:facepalm:,,o_O

It does appear that way. We essentially used Gallup to clear out between the corner and safety. The corner was trying to zone them both and kind of ended up in no man's land while the safety got over the top. Dak just had to make sure he cleared the corner's leaping range with the throw.

Qcard

Reaction score
It does appear that way. We essentially used Gallup to clear out between the corner and safety. The corner was trying to zone them both and kind of ended up in no man's land while the safety got over the top. Dak just had to make sure he cleared the corner's leaping range with the throw.
Excellent analysis.. plus Dak's throw was actually Great when held in light of the sole INT. If the ba was 3inches lower DB easily tips ball for/ or grabs INT...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
:oldcouple::thumbup::oldcouple: