Twitter: The Gallup TD was all Dak, here's proof

Chrispierce

Reaction score
This is just a busted play,made good by old fashioned backyard winging it. Dak put it where either he makes the catch or inc,and Gallup just a incredible finish. I’m not sure if Zeke’s job was try to sell it,or he was just expecting a pass or what.but Collins going inside gave me a good laugh. “Whoa!...my trailer is going the wrong way”

Cmac

Reaction score
Before Gallup even touched the ball..

1. Dak called an audible after reading the defense.

2..Dak threw a pass over an elite outstretched athlete into a tight space. If Dak leads Gallup the bailing DB has a better play on ball and Gallup...

Dak threw Gallup Open!!! If anything it was Dak 70% and Gallup an amazing 30% credit split...
You do realize it was also inches from a Pick 6.

Cmac

Reaction score
Where was the decision making on the 2pt conversion attempt against the Jets?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak audibled and apparently Collins either didn't know what the audible was or didn't hear it. He crashed down like we were pulling to his side.
Is it also possible they were letting the DL go free, to set up a screen to Zeke as an outlet?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I realize it was inches from being a tipped ball, but it was at least a foot from being an interception, and a lot farther from being a pick 6.

Qcard

Reaction score
Yes, I have heard it called "a game of Inches..."

No saying Dak is one of the best, but the best Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes (Step Curry)...only need inches.

It wasn't fluke throw by virtue of audible at the line, Dak either changed play or adjusted play design (routes, blocks etc)

Giants are a horrible defense but they were only inches away from a Dak 2nd INT. A pick 6...NY papers always have 2 headlines ready

Qcard

Reaction score

We finally have our reply to OBJs one hand catch!!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
lol - but the play you questioned didn't fail, and was not nearly the dramatic mistake you are making it out to be. There was no across he board confusion on the play, and Dak new exactly where his receiver was going to be. If anything, there was an individual player that messed up. Clearly most of the team was on the same page, so if someone wasn't it was player error, not a problem with play design or calling. And even if it was, it's nonsense to suggest one play defines a team or a coach.

Stick to real issues, like the Cowboys being too inconsistent during Garrett's time as coach, because this cherry picking and overblowing of small things is not the serious argument you envision.
One player was off? Collins blocked for the run. Zeke stood still. Two receivers ran the same route to the same spot.

This play was an example of what leads to the inconsistency. It’s inexcusable and against a better team could’ve been the difference between winning and losing.

Call it cherry picking if you’d like. It was broken down so some of us commented on it. You’ll likely have to just deal with that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I realize it was inches from being a tipped ball, but it was at least a foot from being an interception, and a lot farther from being a pick 6.
Not to butt in, but is this the same play that the defense didn't get called for encroachment? I think Prescott thought he had a free play.

Scotman

Reaction score
I hope we have 6 busted plays to diagnose next week that all end in touchdowns.

For us...just to be clear. :)