Twitter: The Geno Atkins option might be gone

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Meh. I remember a year ago around this time I was excited about the Everson Griffen signing.

I love the way Osa Odighizuwa has looked this summer and I think he can be a big time player. Might make more sense to develop him anyway since Atkins would probably be gone after one season. I don't know.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I’m happy that Osa is flashing. I worry that we saw similar flashes from Neville Gallimore and Maliek Collins, who looked fantastic with the Texans by the way. What took so long?

I’m not yet sold on Osa’s consistency against the run, at least right now. I know he’s a rookie, but we’ve still gotta win those early games and I don’t see an improved run defense up the middle. It’s just not there yet.

For comparison, Aaron Donald is about the same size and he was great against the run from day one. Geno Atkins isn’t the answer there, either. Gerald McCoy would have been a fine resigning that we passed on for whatever silly reason. You could get better production from McCoy than you could from Trysten Hill at the same price point, and It’s not like Hill is going to net you a comp pick or anything. Sunk costs at this point, but that seems to be the story every year.