The Giants winning today

ghst187

Reaction score
Seattle has looked pretty soft lately. They got manhandled versus buffalo and their offense was a complete no show today because they got bullied up front by NY.

Cant really play much softer than they did in these two recent games. We shall see I guess.

i wouldn’t bet against any east coast team esp in the northeast playing at home vs Seattle in the playoffs...Seattle doesn’t travel east that well, never has.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
However you want to look at it. There are zero names on that Giants Defense. They have no more talent on D than Dallas has. Yet they play well.

This goes to my original point. This Cowboys team plays like absolute crap every week. It's sickening how bad we are- especially on Defense.
There are overrated names on our defense. Our defensive talent is not as good as the Giants!

We need a top 5 pick.

mmohican29

Reaction score
They lost because they couldn't score and also because in a few of the games they turned the ball over particularly the cardinals game in week 3 when weeden just gave the ball up when they were ahead.

The Giants just showed you why you do not tank- until mathematical elimination.

They will probably be hosting a playoff game- likely against the team they just manhandled after starting 0-5.

Where’s the logic behind if they make playoffs they win 1 game?.....they suck. We suck. The division sucks. The giants just suck less than us.

The logic is they just beat a lock playoff team, that routinely beats other lock playoff teams. I've seen this story before. The Giants are trash until they're not.

They should play confident football for the rest of 2020. They've been in every game this season and are 5-2 since starting 0-5.

The Cowboys have done zero this whole season except play stupid, terrible, mistake prone football. 11 weeks in and we are a bottom 3 team in the NFL.

There's no excuse finishing behind any team in the East, least of all NYG. Our team stinks to high heaven.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Yeah I would not put money on it. Giants are not a good football team. AT ALL. That's not to say they aren't playing better than us because they are and probably playing better than anyone in the NFC East. But let's don't kid ourselves. Today was a fluke win for them. They are not better than the Seahawks.

Not true.

The Giants are 5-2 in their last seven.

Majic

Reaction score
Just shows what you can do with talented players on DEF playing a multiple look front. Mike Nolan does not have the players to succeed, but the Giants and Patriots schemes is what he wants his DEF to play like. Let's get him the players to be able to do this.

catiii

Reaction score
There are overrated names on our defense. Our defensive talent is not as good as the Giants!

We need a top 5 pick.
AND IT BETTER BE A FRANCHISE QB IN THE DRAFT TO BUILD A TEAM AROUND. I'M DONE WITH MEDIOCRITY AND "STATS; WHICH MEAN NOTHING :mad:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Top 5 pick and we take either the #1 corner then this secondary is all off a sudden a talented unit. Have to figure they will use a top 3 pick on a safety as well.
LOL your dreaming roy, all those who want the high picks think the jones boys will do what they would do but they wont.
I say no way jones boys use the # 1 pick on a safety or corner, maybe not even a def player lol.
There is no telling who or what they will pick, that is why having a top 5 pick wont do them much good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I said 2 weeks ago the giants or wash would win the div.
The giants look to be the better team now, curious to see how wash does against the steelers.

Giants used the run game effectively today and colt did a good job at qb, he didnt make mistakes or turn the ball over, and defense did play good,
they have in most of their games.
Giants win a tie with wash, so they have the advantage there.

If they can beat seattle, they can compete in the playoffs.

NO seems to be the best team in nfc, so they should get to and win the champ game and go to SB, but it only takes 1 bad game for them
to be out in playoffs.
GB is # 2
But a good def team like the giants may surprise some people, a lot of their losses were close games.

I also want to say they scored in 3 plays 75 yds, all 3 plays were runs, which proves you can score quickly with running the ball.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Highlights how atrocious the Cowboys have played this season in all facets, and how woefully prepared to compete they have been through 11 contests.

A lousy 2019 team, and a team that lost it's first 5 games.

The Giants lost their best player, lost their QB, and with minimal offensive weapons kept playing and just easily beat a Super Bowl contender with an MVP candidate QB.

If the Giants get in to the post season (they are now very likely to do so): they will win at least 1 game.

Great job 2020 Cowboys. Perhaps the most worthless team in franchise history.

Inwardly, JG is grinning and giving us the middle finger, which is well deserved.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Just shows what you can do with talented players on DEF playing a multiple look front. Mike Nolan does not have the players to succeed, but the Giants and Patriots schemes is what he wants his DEF to play like. Let's get him the players to be able to do this.

So Nolan needs a few more players? Then our #32nd ranked defense will be top 10?

Nolan needs to be fired.

Redline360

Reaction score
Like most have posted already the Giants have an actual defense. They would be pretty scary if they could figure out the offense, mainly the turn table offensive line

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

That is a culture thing when it comes to Nolan in which maybe McC is trying to change. The Giants have a bunch of players that started playing for the organization this year and I think their longest tenure defensive player is on his rookie deal.

All of their defensive pro bowlers from 2018 are no longer on the team instead of our GM where he gives out contracts after a player makes his 1st.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Kinda feel we should all be on team tank now.....but I’m sure plenty will call those that want us to lose our lessor fans...

I guess the question is when is it ok to want us to lose for draft position?
When you can realize that even the most optimistic Cowboys fan doesn’t see a way to win in the playoffs so it does no good to make it there if you’re going to go 1 and done.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we had a Giants type defense we’d be winning division instead.

It’s a defense we could have gone to some championship appearances in recent years with our offense.

But defenses aren’t a priority with our dysfunctional organization.