The Giants winning today

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Giants have gotten hot because the beat up on the NFC East. They pulled in upset today on a team that just played on Monday night on the East coast. We will see how good they are when they play teams fighting for their playoff lives like their next two opponents Arizona and Cleveland. To answer you final question the traded with the Jets to get a top 5 player who is there best defensive player and they paid a premium price for their best linebacker and defensive back. Their defensive line is filled with first and second round picks.

you didn't answer the question because you don't want to just say i made a mistake and they don't have any.

The giants have not used a single top five pick on a defensive player. They used those high picks for Jones and Barkley. They have used their first round picks on offense....engram, barkley, jones and thomas. The only exception and the highest defensive pick they have used is on lawrence and he was taken at 17.

Reaction score
Highlights how atrocious the Cowboys have played this season in all facets, and how woefully prepared to compete they have been through 11 contests.

A lousy 2019 team, and a team that lost it's first 5 games.

The Giants lost their best player, lost their QB, and with minimal offensive weapons kept playing and just easily beat a Super Bowl contender with an MVP candidate QB.

If the Giants get in to the post season (they are now very likely to do so): they will win at least 1 game.

Great job 2020 Cowboys. Perhaps the most worthless team in franchise history.
Lol.

They aren't winning poop

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Giants and the Football Team have had years of top 5 selections. The players finally popped but I am not afraid of them in the future. This is best thing that can happen to our franchise. Danny Dimes is still a turnover machine and they almost lost to a team that is clearly tanking last week. When they play the Bucs in the first round in the playoffs they will get blown off the field.
The Giants have also won two Lombardis this century.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They did have trouble scoring but when they did have some success like in two OT games against Egirls and Saints defense couldn’t make a stop. With a top 10 defense that team could have won 6 or 7 games. But I’d agree with the rest.

They lost because they couldn't score and also because in a few of the games they turned the ball over particularly the cardinals game in week 3 when weeden just gave the ball up when they were ahead.

Jipper

Reaction score
Kinda feel we should all be on team tank now.....but I’m sure plenty will call those that want us to lose our lessor fans...

I guess the question is when is it ok to want us to lose for draft position?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They lost because they couldn't score and also because in a few of the games they turned the ball over particularly the cardinals game in week 3 when weeden just gave the ball up when they were ahead.
Not in the games I mentioned , but overall yes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Kinda feel we should all be on team tank now.....but I’m sure plenty will call those that want us to lose our lessor fans...

I guess the question is when is it ok to want us to lose for draft position?
The way I see it is higher draft picks is a consolation from losing. It’s not something we actually cheer on. It just makes losing more comforting.

There’s a reason the NFL gives the worse teams higher picks. Unfortunately it doesn’t always help them enough.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I see the Garrett groupies are out in full force tonight.

His offense is awful. Lol

He was hired to improve the running game I believe and I believe he has. The offense was awful early but has not been awful recently. Jones looked much more comfortable in recent weeks before the hamstring injury last week sidelined him. He is a weapon running the ball and they were just starting to really find what they do well.

If they win the division and pull a surprise upset in the wild card game I wouldn't be shocked to see Jason Garrett as a leading candidate for head coach in Atlanta. I think he would get along with demetriof and I am pretty sure the owner in Atlanta likes Garrett.

Jipper

Reaction score
The way I see it is higher draft picks is a consolation from losing. It’s not something we actually cheer on. It just makes losing more comforting.

There’s a reason the NFL gives the worse teams higher picks. Unfortunately it doesn’t always help them enough.

very fair point....I wonder what percentage of our fans still actually want to win?

Praxit

Reaction score
..Im actually more embarrassed, Garrett is laughing over there in 1st place.

MikeB80

Reaction score
very fair point....I wonder what percentage of our fans still actually want to win?

after what happened on thanksgiving it does not matter what fans think one bit. there is no way this team gives any real effort going forward. What the head coach did in the fourth quarter last week is enough to lose the team forever. McCarthy is awful and standing on the sidelines getting blown out the rest of the way and then having to answer to the two head idiots in charge on monday is exactly what the three of them deserve.

Baltimore is going to physically manhandle Dallas tuesday and more than likely win by 20+

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the higher draft picks just gives them a reason to root to lose. It comforts them. They can’t handle the pain. It softens the blow for them,

I’m not sure it really matters cause we’re probably going to lose anyway.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think the higher draft picks just gives them a reason to root to lose. It comforts them. They can’t handle the pain. It softens the blow for them,

I’m not sure it really matters cause we’re probably going to lose anyway. But

I guess it’s just having something to be excited for....I’ll be honest if we beat the ravens I’ll probably want them to try and run the table and win out...if they lose I think I’ll have lost any hope of salvaging the season with a playoff birth

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The Giants have a legit defense. Dallas hasn't had one in years.
It's not from the lack of trying....we have invested in this defense far more than people give this organization credit for...we just have missed. Vanderesch (1st round) Mo Claiborne (top 4 pick AND a second round pick) Jaylon Smith (2nd round pick) Randy Gregory (2nd round pick) Taco Charlton (1st round) Trysten Hill (2nd round) Byron Jones (1st round) Treveon Diggs (2nd round) Chidobe Awuzie (2nd round) and I think Demarcus Lawrence may have caused us 2 second round picks....this is all in the last 5/6 years....we have either missed on players, employed coaches whose schemes are outdated....or coaches who can't coach/develop. BUT....BUT...the draft resources have been spent.

Loso86

Reaction score
Highlights how atrocious the Cowboys have played this season in all facets, and how woefully prepared to compete they have been through 11 contests.

A lousy 2019 team, and a team that lost it's first 5 games.

The Giants lost their best player, lost their QB, and with minimal offensive weapons kept playing and just easily beat a Super Bowl contender with an MVP candidate QB.

If the Giants get in to the post season (they are now very likely to do so): they will win at least 1 game.

Great job 2020 Cowboys. Perhaps the most worthless team in franchise history.
Seriously lol

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I think this almost guarantees us a top 5-10 pick, even if we win a couple games. With a couple decent free agent signings on defense and a true shutdown CB with first rounder, we can turn this thing around. Philly looks like a dumpster fire.

free agents like this years batch ? Get real, we are a front office and owner and new coaching staff away from turning this around. I’m sure it will all happen next year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess it’s just having something to be excited for....I’ll be honest if we beat the ravens I’ll probably want them to try and run the table and win out...if they lose I think I’ll have lost any hope of salvaging the season with a playoff birth
Honestly , for 60 minutes each week I’ll always root us on to win. But losing comes with a consolation.

The season has been over.