The goat, where does Prescott really rank

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Really? I feel like you're old enough to remember when the Cowboys were actually good, but yet you act like regular season success=greatness like a lot younger fans in the participation trophy generation.

Also, you and your "Dak is GOAT" buddies need to get together and make up your minds on if wins/loss is a QB stat or a team stat. Because you guys are constantly changing that one to fit your narrative lol
You told me to show what Dak has down better than Carr or Cousins. I did. Now you're not man enough to admit I proved you wrong and are trying to move the goal posts to Super Bowls. You're a troll and a hater and now you're on ignore.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You told me to show what Dak has down better than Carr or Cousins. I did. Now you're not man enough to admit I proved you wrong and are trying to move the goal posts to Super Bowls. You're a troll and a hater and now you're on ignore.
Yes, what DAK has done better, not what the Cowboys have done better then WFT, Vikings, or Raiders.

Unless you want to make wins/losses a QB stat now? Like I said, get together with your buddies and figure this out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll ask you.

If you knew how their careers would pan out who would you rather have as the QB for your favorite team? The talent but no championship career of Marino or the forgettable but Super Bowl winner career of Dilfer? As a fan what would you rather have? The pretty stats or the Super Bowl win.
I would rather have Marino to build my team around...its simple. you ask anyone...ANYONE, ANYONE they would say they take Marino to build a team...

and I find it funny....you are no so desparate you are going with the old "crystal ball" routine... so do you know how any of the current young players careers would turn out? can you look into your crystal ball.

and spinning again...as expected desperate once again....you are asking whose career would you take...what that has to do with the argument at hand is beyond me. I think you lost yourself in trying to respond to a very simple concept. you are now trying to tie someone being good, to them being a winner to the career they had, to a career yet to come, based on what happened in the past...that's again dumb....sorry. I am not calling you name, but the idea is really dumb. by your standard Barry sanders was a loser. and Ke'shawn Vaughn is a winner. go figure.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you proved that Carr and Cousin played on teams that lost. It's not quarterback stats, remember it's a team sport and the team lost.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak 42-27
Cousins 51-51-2
Carr 47-63

tenor-3.gif
but but but...2019....game against philly......2018 first half of the season...but but but

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Really? I feel like you're old enough to remember when the Cowboys were actually good, but yet you act like regular season success=greatness like a lot younger fans in the participation trophy generation.

Also, you and your "Dak is GOAT" buddies need to get together and make up your minds on if wins/loss is a QB stat or a team stat. Because you guys are constantly changing that one to fit your narrative lol
this is funny though. based on your standards of winning and losing. Dak is a bigger winner than Cousins....given they are both 1-2 in the playoffs and no championships.....however, ones career is in its prime, the other is winding down... its funny

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're right.

8-8 and 1-3 is because of the defense, Zeke, and whatever else, but not Dak, no way, no how.
yes, Dak had a hand in that as well, but I am glad you are now, maybe, just maybe starting to admit that other players on the team may have had a hand in this as well....perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would rather have Marino to build my team around...its simple. you ask anyone...ANYONE, ANYONE they would say they take Marino to build a team...

but you are now spinning again...as expected desperate once again....you are asking whose career would you take...what that has to do with the argument at hand is beyond me. I think you lost yourself in trying to respond to a very simple concept. you are now trying to tie someone being good, to them being a winner to the career they had....that's again dumb....sorry. I am not calling you name, but the idea is really dumb. by your standard Barry sanders was a loser. and Ke'shawn Vaughn is a winner. go figure.
It's simple really. What do you want more? A HOF QB or a Super Bowl winner? What do you value more?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, what DAK has done better, not what the Cowboys have done better then WFT, Vikings, or Raiders.

Unless you want to make wins/losses a QB stat now? Like I said, get together with your buddies and figure this out.
wait, but its you who makes wins/losses a QB stat....that' your definition of winner/loser....I guess a different response a different standard....I keep forgetting that about you

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
this is funny though. based on your standards of winning and losing. Dak is a bigger winner than Cousins....given they are both 1-2 in the playoffs and no championships.....however, ones career is in its prime, the other is winding down... its funny
You mean the Cowboys are a bigger winner then WFT and the Vikings?

Again, get with your buddy and figure out if you want win/losses to be a QB stat or not.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's simple really. What do you want more? A HOF QB or a Super Bowl winner? What do you value more?
you are one confused Kid aren't you....
. If I have to build a team. if both players were available today, perhaps in their prime (given you are clearly playing hypotheticals). I want a good player.... even towards the end of their career with Marino not having won yet and Dilfer having a superbowl ring...I take Marino...you have to be some kind of stupid to take Dilfer, because he has a ring....no one in their right mind would do that...unless they have an agenda.

you are so confused, as you are trying to spin your way into something that's so illogical to begin with, because you can't admit you are crawling up the wrong tree. you just can't admit you are wrong in your approach to this....that's the core of the problem, so instead you keep spinning, asking the same question in a different way hoping to get a different answer....

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Again, get with your buddy and figure out if you want win/losses to be a QB stat or not.
Flip flip flip flop people Quit changing your agenda when you are proven wrong

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll take Dilfer and a super bowl. realists.
I'll take Dak and his numbers and no big wins. groupies. (yeah we hate Romo that bad)
so in your opinion, if you had to build a team, lets say the last couple of years of Marino and last couple of years of Dilfer. you take Dilfer to build a team. because Dilfer has a ring....

oooookkkk then.... :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I don't mean anything....its your own logic you are disagreeing with. I thought it was funny....

but isn't it you, who says a QB is a winner because the team won? now you are saying that wins and losses aren't QB stat...so which is it? oh, I forgot it depends on the argument at hand LOL

btw, do you often find yourself arguing with yourself in the mirror? you and the mirror taking different sides...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you are one confused Kid aren't you....
. If I have to build a team. if both players were available today, perhaps in their prime (given you are clearly playing hypotheticals). I want a good player.... even towards the end of their career with Marino not having won yet and Dilfer having a superbowl ring...I take Marino...you have to be some kind of stupid to take Dilfer, because he has a ring....no one in their right mind would do that...unless they have an agenda.

you are so confused, as you are trying to spin your way into something that's so illogical to begin with, because you can't admit you are crawling up the wrong tree. you just can't admit you are wrong in your approach to this....that's the core of the problem, so instead you keep spinning, asking the same question in a different way hoping to get a different answer....
You know everyone can see you avoid the question, right?

What would you rather have as a fan? A QB with a HOF career or a Super Bowl win? I'll ask one last time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You know everyone can see you avoid the question, right?

What would you rather have as a fan? A QB with a HOF career or a Super Bowl win? I'll ask one last time.
what is the purpose of this question?

who would I take to build a team? or whose career I would like?

is this a question of after the fact or question of now? I don't think you even know what/why you are asking this question.