The Great Dakbate

visionary

Reaction score
I agree those are some tough games and my hope is that not only does Dak step up but the team in general step up and win these games. I'm not looking for someone to carry the team, I'm looking for a team who is ready to take the next step and play quality ball on both side of the ball.

This is a Garrett coached team
They don't know the meaning of 'next step'
If Zeke is not superhuman we're done

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wha??????? Another Dak thread? Yep but this one is neither fer him nor agin him. Ya see, I am stuck in the middle with Dak Prescott.

I do not get this pick a side with a young QB playing what is accepted as the toughest position in all sports. When his predecessor had two seasons under his belt, he had not started a regular season game. Rodgers carried a clipboard his first two seasons. How about Brees first two seasons?

What do rookie QB's usually do? Throw a lot of picks and he only has 17 to Wentz's 21 in the same number of seasons but Dak has 4 more games played. Yeah, he had 3x as many in his soph season but about the right amount for a rookie QB, which is what he was more of his second season than his first. He was a play executer his rookie season and asked to be a real QB his second with 6 games without his best weapon. He struggled, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he will this season.

No one here really knows the effect having a player like Bryant in his huddle for a young QB and they've admitted they were trying to force the ball to him early on in games. Romo discussed catch radius, where was Bryant's? Up. Think that is easy with a WR that is a jump ball player? Didn't Bryan's previous QB have struggles with him in the beginning?

And concerning how #1WR's can affect the QB, did the Cowboys not release a WR going into the HOF to make the team more "Romo friendly"? Hell, isn't having a HOF WR not QB friendly? Sure was for Aikman, Montana and Bradshaw.

I have seen enough good to give me optimism and enough not so good for concern but not enough of either to take a side yet. Certainly not to the point of we need to get him under a new contract or we need to get another QB. Considering the growth curve on NFL QB's and the first couple of seasons, what do we know? "Fire and rain" but not enough of either to make a call yet. Certainly not enough to argue over.

For all of the arguing and defending going on, I think there are a lot more posters in my "undecided" category than I've been seeing.
Yeah I am with you on this, last year whole team was not very good.
I blame the coaching, for last year, and for the playoff loss in 2016.
They regressed in 2017, and I am hoping the coaching is better this year.
Dak friendly is a term jerry used ?
I am hoping that means, is that they have designed new plays, to take advantage of things dak does do well, his strengths.
I have doubts, but am hoping.

Dak has abilitys, but he will play how he is coached to play , I think he wants the big payday, so will be just doing what the coaches
want him to do, no more.
Romo could ad lib and do whatever and get away with it, but dak cant do that.

Jg likes players that do what they are told and no more, remember when randall jumped over the line to score a td ?
No pat on the back , he was benched for not doing as he was told lol.

JG wants players who dont think, but just execute his brilliant plays and schemes.
And most coaches are the same way, they do the thinking and players just do as they are told and coached.

I will be judging dak this season, but I know he isnt being coached like he should be, so will cut him some slack.

It will be fun to see how danny white's kid does in PS and Cooper, if they do good, and dak starts off bad , you know
what fans will say.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL........ok buddy, whatever you say. In other words.......no matter what he does you will hate him.

Rookie of the year and MVP candidate. If thats terrible, keep up the terrible QB play. :flagwave::clap:

Glory days man....In the NFL one rookie wonder season simply does not cut the ticket for him to have the Franchise Tag placed on him....NFL is what have you done for me lately league and do we really wanna talk about that now.....guess not!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about the first 24 games did that happen? The last 8 were bad, but there were distinct reasons and changes that happened that directly brought it on. Or did you miss the fact that Tyrone Smith and Zeke were out during that time?

Your analysis is garbage. With Zeke back, the Oline back on top with depth do you think Dak will struggle or not?

YES he will struggle as when Zeke is Stopped (aka Denver) Dak will lay them Eggs accordingly as he has limited TALENT skills at QB.......!

P.S. So you admit that without Zeke and a 300 Million Offline Dak can't get the job done?
Heck id manage something back there with all that OFF talent around me.....Just admit it Dak is a BUS DRIVER for Zeke and our offline just say it my man!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He's what he was in college. A guy who figured out if he didn't make turnovers, no matter how bad his intermediate accuracy was he would get to play. His pocket awareness is the same, the bad footwork is the same and his glitch is the same. With a great running game and great offensive line he's okay, he can hit the 5-7 yard passes. But with a little pressure and taking his bread and butter short passes away, his bus runs out of gas. I sure hope a guru can fix all of this.

Batman1980

Reaction score
He's what he was in college. A guy who figured out if he didn't make turnovers, no matter how bad his intermediate accuracy was he would get to play. His pocket awareness is the same, the bad footwork is the same and his glitch is the same. With a great running game and great offensive line he's okay, he can hit the 5-7 yard passes. But with a little pressure and taking his bread and butter short passes away, his bus runs out of gas. I sure hope a guru can fix all of this.

I hope to see Kellen Moore put some of that football IQ that Linehan touts so much to use and help Dak elevate his game to where we all thought it could go after 2016.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Oops I walked into the wrong room :laugh:

Jk jk Dak has a lot to prove this year. If I'm a defensive coordinator I'm gonna play everyone up, sell out against the run on 1st and second down. Make Dak beat us.

If I see tavon expect some sort of end around, screen, ect.

I'm not too concerned with the explosiveness of the cowboys TEs.

Absolutely do not double any WRs and blitz Dak a lot

HungryLion

Reaction score

Jk jk Dak has a lot to prove this year. If I'm a defensive coordinator I'm gonna play everyone up, sell out against the run on 1st and second down. Make Dak beat us.

I hope they do.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Optimists will only look at his first season, or average both seasons together. Pessimists will look at both seasons and establish a hard trend line going down.

The only known truth is that Dak takes far too much criticism for a 4th round pick that in 2 years already gave the team a #1 seed season. Whether he's the next franchise QB, or a bridge between franchise QBs, the Cowboys got a steal using only a 4th round pick and getting a QB that - at worst - is an adequate stop-gap until they can find their next franchise QB.

They got extremely lucky, because they waited far too long to get an adequate backup QB behind Romo.

NotForLong

Reaction score
What about the first 24 games did that happen? The last 8 were bad, but there were distinct reasons and changes that happened that directly brought it on. Or did you miss the fact that Tyrone Smith and Zeke were out during that time?

Your analysis is garbage. With Zeke back, the Oline back on top with depth do you think Dak will struggle or not?
I have stated numerous times that he will be successful this year. For the same reason he was successful in 2016, hes a product of his supporting class

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Who knows what lies ahead for Dak? I think he'll rebound from a less than stellar 2017. I'll root for him -- so will the OL and the entire team!:thumbup:

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score

Pretty much what defenses did last year. Lol. I think Dak will beat loaded boxes this year. I just don’t know if he can do it consistantly enough to make teams change how they play them. The rookie year he didn’t have to do that and he had the short stuff and we are defenses up. Opposing teams know this.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

How about Lee? The team was like night and day when he missed games. It was like a switch. Add that to all of the other factors and it's understandable that a QB would have a difficult time. It's pretty obvious IMO.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What QB isn't?

You haven’t read the posts? Some people want the cowboys to call 1-800- franchiseQB and order themselves an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.

Or perhaps Mike White is the guy. I mean he has so much more arm talent than Dak. It’s like night and day. It’s why he was drafted so much higher than Dak was........ all that talent.......

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How about Lee? The team was like night and day when he missed games. It was like a switch. Add that to all of the other factors and it's understandable that a QB would have a difficult time. It's pretty obvious IMO.

Absolutely . But that is a little too complicated for some.

Verdict

Reaction score
It's been the defensive scheame for the last 2 years. It's why those who criticize Dak have no faith in him. He doesn't have the vision to see plays develop down field nor does he have the arm strength or accuracy to reach the wide receivers.

But there's still hope because the Cowbous will forgo throwing downfield and work the middle of the field with play calling that utilizes Daks skill set. :flagwave:

There's still hope for the over hyped Cowboy god

Lol. Man your man love for Dez is clouding your judgment.

Verdict

Reaction score
Your wrong. Dak is terrible down field.

If not he would consistantly make teams pay for stacking the box. But he's not. Teams still stack the line. Elliott is such a weapon that teams have to stack the box but Dak is no threat at all so there is no fear from opposing teams.

That is my proof.
Your hero Dez couldn't get open. That's the elephant in the room.

Verdict

Reaction score
How can a QB play a 16 game scheduale of 9 in the box. And yet not throw deep enough.

And instead of looking at said QBs inadequacies you come to some other "logical" decision. That it's the inadequacies of his WR. If that helps you sleep better at night

But the truth is Dak cant read a defense, cant go through his progressions and doesn't have the arm strength or footwork to accurately reach his wrs. Point blank. (Checkout Akoye Films on youtube) it's all there in his film breakdowns

Otherwise he would continually and consistantly make teams pay.

I think the team realizes what they have in Dak and are gonna completely overhaul the offense so Dak doesnt need to look 20 TDs down the field

What is the point of throwing long if no one is there to catch it? Lol