The Great Zeke!

aria

Reaction score
It won't sink in with the Dak homers and their narrative. They think he's having a hall of fame season and think the super bowl is guaranteed.
I’m honestly still on the fence with Dak which is why I don’t get involved in the several threads about him. If anything I would lean towards signing him for decent money but I also recognize the level of competition, specifically defense, so far this season has been pathetic. Every team we’ve played is in the bottom ten defensively, minus the Gnats who most likely will be back there after today.

Having said that, the Packers are ranked in the top 10 overall defensively but 26th against the run. So I expect Zeke to have a big game and all of his supporters to say “told ya so” while Dak not so much. We’ll see, JMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m honestly still on the fence with Dak which is why I don’t get involved in the several threads about him. If anything I would lean towards signing him for decent money but I also recognize the level of competition, specifically defense, so far this season has been pathetic. Every team we’ve played is in the bottom ten defensively, minus the Gnats who most likely will be back there after today.

Having said that, the Packers are ranked in the top 10 overall defensively but 26th against the run. So I expect Zeke to have a big game and all of his supporters to say “told ya so” while Dak not so much. We’ll see, JMO.
Those rushing stats could be potentially skewed.

We were top 10 in the league in rushing last year but we’re ofted gashed. What happens is teams with winning records opponents often have to abandon the run to catch up in game.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
My God man!!!

You have to be more than a decoy when you are the highest paid RB in the league. Zeke will get his yards because he gets his carries and this is a great offense. But you need to win big games for us and be unstoppable. Like Emmitt used to do. Remember those days?

And 9 TD's is not going to cut it. He should be 18-25 TD's easy in this offense.
Any team can stop Ezekiel if they want to at the expense of the passing game.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Incorrect. It normally starts with people saying he is the best simply because he had the most yards.

Not this thread.

I couldn’t care less about how much money he makes if there wasn’t such thing as a salary cap but there is and it effects the entire team. Some people think we should pay whoever whatever, without any thought of future repercussions. That won’t work for long and some positions are more valuable than others. RB’s are towards the bottom as they should be. It’s almost as if no one has any recollection of how recently we were financially handcuffed due to over spending or making poor spending choices.

Then complain when they're in salary cap hell. Not now.

Dropping that much money on a RB who can’t play at a high level or be a difference maker without a dominant O line is not a wise decision IMO. When we can’t resign certain players or sign needed FA’s at key positions then people may look back at this contract as one of the bigger mistakes in recent team history. That’s why I care about the money he got, it sure as hell isn’t jealousy. If I cared that much about money I wouldn’t have turned down several promotional opportunities in my career.

Again, when that stuff happens you may have a point. Until then... you're just whining about his money.

Numbers don’t tell the full story but when you put enough of them together, taking into consideration other factors, it tells a good portion of the story.

6 fumbles last year is a strong indicator that Zeke doesn’t hold on to the ball well. When you can visibly see that he is significantly slower than his rookie year and that is backed up by the decreasing amount of 20+ yard runs he has and see he is being chased down easier it tells a good part of the story. Those are just a couple of examples where numbers are meaningful.

Some things like broken tackles are a little more subjective without taking into account the O line as is flaunting most yards without mention of most carries or O line quality or lack there of.

I like how you start by agreeing numbers don't tell the story but then try to make your point using numbers. Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

aria

Reaction score
Not this thread.

Then complain when they're in salary cap hell. Not now.

Again, when that stuff happens you may have a point. Until then... you're just whining about his money.

I like how you start by agreeing numbers don't tell the story but then try to make your point using numbers. Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
So I can’t complain about something before it happens? Lol, 90% of these threads are predicated on the future and potential impacts for better or worse.

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t you’re strong point. I can acknowledge agreeing with parts of someone’s argument while simultaneously disagreeing with others. I know that’s hard for some people like you, everything has to be black and white, no thinking outside your small box.

Haimerej

Reaction score
So I can’t complain about something before it happens? Lol, 90% of these threads are predicated on the future and potential impacts for better or worse.

Why would you complain about something that hasn't happened? You know what happens when you assume, right?

Apparently reading comprehension isn’t you’re strong point.

*Your.

Actually, my reading comprehension is better than most. Take another swing.

I can acknowledge agreeing with parts of someone’s argument while simultaneously disagreeing with others. I know that’s hard for some people like you, everything has to be black and white, no thinking outside your small box.

Of course you can. I'm not telling you what to think. I'm pointing out how you can't seem to make an argument without using stats. Seems you're stuck in a box of your own.

uvaballa

Reaction score
He's definitely lost a gear. After watching other RB's in the open field run by guys and make guys miss.

aria

Reaction score
Why would you complain about something that hasn't happened? You know what happens when you assume, right?

*Your.

Actually, my reading comprehension is better than most. Take another swing.

Of course you can. I'm not telling you what to think. I'm pointing out how you can't seem to make an argument without using stats. Seems you're stuck in a box of your own.
Stats don’t lie, yes, some can be misleading, but not all. Why is that so hard for you to understand or agree with? What about the 6 fumbles? What about the other examples I brought up? You never addressed them, you cherry picked my other comments and responded with one liners.

...and thank you for the grammatical correction.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Stats don’t lie, yes, some can be misleading, but not all. Why is that so hard for you to understand or agree with?

What makes you think I don't understand it?

What about the 6 fumbles?

Fumbles happen. Especially when you get more opportunities. Emmitt had 6 or more 4 times in his career, including his first two years in the league (7 then 8). I'm not worried about it. But by all means, denigrate Zeke for it if you think it validates your criticism.

What about the other examples I brought up? You never addressed them, you cherry picked my other comments and responded with one liners.

Mainly because my point was stats don't tell the full story and you responded with stats. What part of my point made you think I wanted to talk about stats?

...and thank you for the grammatical correction.

No problem.

aria

Reaction score
What makes you think I don't understand it?

Fumbles happen. Especially when you get more opportunities. Emmitt had 6 or more 4 times in his career, including his first two years in the league (7 then 8). I'm not worried about it. But by all means, denigrate Zeke for it if you think it validates your criticism.

Mainly because my point was stats don't tell the full story and you responded with stats. What part of my point made you think I wanted to talk about stats?

No problem.
Whoa...wait, why compare his stats to Emmitt? Thought you didn’t like stats? If you look at how times he carried the ball compared to his most competitive rivals (ie Gurley and Barkley had 0) it’s not eve close and the percentage of carries vs fumbles much closer. Nice try though.

Lol “fumbles happen”. 6 is an indicator there’s a problem, no matter how many times he carries it and came back to bite us in the Saints game last week.

You don’t understand it because I disagreed with you with facts and stats and you have yet to give me a reason why I’m wrong.

I responded with WHY some stats, and stats combined with other facts put together, do put together a large part of the story. Do you care to explain to me why he’s clearly visibly slower AND his runs of 10 and 20 yards or longer has dramatically decreased? When he has open lanes and is getting run down by defenders I think it’s safe to say that those stats are indicative of him getting slower and prove that.

I also gave you other examples you refuse to acknowledge. You’re starting to waste my time.

aria

Reaction score
Where is the great zeke?
He’s out there, see him pad his stats with those worthless yards at the end? Another league rushing title for the best back in the game :rolleyes:

Honestly...before the trash yards, he was getting almost 6 ypc but I think Pollard would have had similar numbers. That’s why you don’t pay RB’s that much money. He’s not a game changer and this is one of the worst run defenses in the league. Of course people will blame it on coaching, the O line (even though he’s had lots of room to run on several plays) and anyone or anything but Zeke. They paid him and he wears the Star, support must be unwavering and unconditional!

Haimerej

Reaction score
Whoa...wait, why compare his stats to Emmitt?

Because Emmitt is considered a great running back and showing that he fumbled more than 6 times multiple times over his career was meant to show the weakness of your point.

Thought you didn’t like stats? If you look at how times he carried the ball compared to his most competitive rivals (ie Gurley and Barkley had 0) it’s not eve close and the percentage of carries vs fumbles much closer. Nice try though.

Don't care. I like how you keep banging away with these stats, though. Are you drinking right now?

Lol “fumbles happen”. 6 is an indicator there’s a problem, no matter how many times he carries it and came back to bite us in the Saints game last week.

So I guess Emmitt had a problem with fumbling. Regarding last week, there were several mistakes made throughout the game by multiple players which, "came back to bite," them. That is what people who know football see. Stat sheet readers don't seem to grasp that.

You don’t understand it because I disagreed with you with facts and stats and you have yet to give me a reason why I’m wrong.

You'd think we've done this enough for you to know by now I don't have any problems understanding. You need to come up with a better criticism meant to illicit a response.

I responded with WHY some stats, and stats combined with other facts put together, do put together a large part of the story.

Depends on the interpretation. For example-

Do you care to explain to me why he’s clearly visibly slower

You put a clock on him or are you just using the eye test?

AND his runs of 10 and 20 yards or longer has dramatically decreased?

Define, "dramatically." Or just show the numbers.

When he has open lanes and is getting run down by defenders I think it’s safe to say that those stats are indicative of him getting slower and prove that.

You know how to prove he's slower? Put a clock on him. Those stats could be due to a multitude of reasons- defensive schemes, offensive playcalling, personnel, opponent, etc. You're so engrossed in stat sheets you think they prove something they don't.

I also gave you other examples you refuse to acknowledge. You’re starting to waste my time.

I assumed I was wasting it from the get go. There is some great irony here when someone like yourself who spends a lot of time on a football forum starts to accuse another forum goer of wasting their time. What do you think this place is?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s out there, see him pad his stats with those worthless yards at the end? Another league rushing title for the best back in the game.

Honestly...before the trash yards, he was getting almost 6 ypc but I think Pollard would have had similar numbers. That’s why you don’t pay RB’s that much money.

Pollard is better. Give me pollard and a pro bowl dt

aria

Reaction score
Because Emmitt is considered a great running back and showing that he fumbled more than 6 times multiple times over his career was meant to show the weakness of your point.

Don't care. I like how you keep banging away with these stats, though. Are you drinking right now?

So I guess Emmitt had a problem with fumbling. Regarding last week, there were several mistakes made throughout the game by multiple players which, "came back to bite," them. That is what people who know football see. Stat sheet readers don't seem to grasp that.

You'd think we've done this enough for you to know by now I don't have any problems understanding. You need to come up with a better criticism meant to illicit a response.

Depends on the interpretation. For example-

You put a clock on him or are you just using the eye test?

Define, "dramatically." Or just show the numbers.

You know how to prove he's slower? Put a clock on him. Those stats could be due to a multitude of reasons- defensive schemes, offensive playcalling, personnel, opponent, etc. You're so engrossed in stat sheets you think they prove something they don't.

I assumed I was wasting it from the get go. There is some great irony here when someone like yourself who spends a lot of time on a football forum starts to accuse another forum goer of wasting their time. What do you think this place is?
Lol, “define dramatically or just show the numbers” “did you put a clock on him”. So now you want me to use stats? You don’t like stats so I go with the eye test and you don’t like that either. What exactly are you looking for when critiquing a player?

aria

Reaction score
Lol. Like I said earlier, "football idiot."
Really? Is that why Pollard had better YPC than Zeke in every game he played? Oh that’s right, can’t use stats. I could probably tell you Pollard is faster and you would ask me if I clocked him. Nothing is good enough for you, you just talk in circles and throw shade. About time to ignore you. Later dude.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Lol, “define dramatically or just show the numbers” “did you put a clock on him”. So now you want me to use stats? You don’t like stats so I go with the eye test and you don’t like that either. What exactly are you looking for when critiquing a player?

Sigh... this is like showing a dog a card trick.

Do you realize that your use of, "dramatically," is subjective? That's why I asked you to define it.

You're also trying to make the argument that stats prove he's slower. Rather than using stats, you can actually time his speed. That will actually, "prove," whether he's slower or not.