The Great Zeke!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You people amaze me. I'm not saying be a homer. I don't know if this team is a true contender or not. But Zeke and Amari have one bad game and you want them gone. Amari is tied for the lead in TD's. Zeke had played pretty well so far this year. Most teams would kill to have both a back and receiver like these two. I hope Zeke and Amari go off today to shut you guys up. My goodness.

It wasn't just one bad game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
1. My name isn't slick.

2. What Cooper did with the Raiders doesn't interest me. What he has done with the Cowboys is on topic. With the Cowboys, he's done nothing but ball out. Every player in the league is going to have bad games periodically. We know Cooper had an injury that was concerning enough to have an MRI earlier in the week of the Saints game. We know Lattimore is tied for 1st place in receptions allowed this year (all CBs, per PFF), so Lattimore - statistically - is the best shut down CB league wide this season to date. Injured WR v. top CB = bad day at the office for the WR.

Cooper's talent, effort, performance, and work ethic concern me exactly zero percent. Feel free to shoot your mouth off, though.

1. It is today.

2. Ignoring 3 years of his career is silly, it shows a pattern. He has questionable hands (they are a problem again this year) and disappears for stretches. As for this thing that he has done nothing but ball out, oh really? He ended the regular season last year pretty poorly, in two games we could have used him in - the Saints and Colts. Remember that 0 we put up? first time since 2003 when we had Quincy Carter?

Mr. Top 5 Route Runner should be able to go up against the best of the best. I've seen lesser WRs get the best of Lattimore. He's not Sanders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So why didn't Pollard have 100+ yards every game, if anyone can do it? You make zero sense and completely missed my point.

LOL...……...duh, because he didn't get the carries?

Did you really ask that question?

And no one is saying Pollard is the best RB in the NFL. And he isn't paid like it either.

aria

Reaction score
I don't think Zeke is trash, I think he's a man child who only cares about money and having a good time so I would not have paid him.
I think he’s man child trash. Actually, with purses he carries I question the man part as well. Plus men don’t bully women or people half their size.

Anyways, here’s the current defensive ratings against the run.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

and here’s the overall defensive stats. We’ve played 4 teams in the bottom 10 of the league, let that sink in.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. It is today.

2. Ignoring 3 years of his career is silly, it shows a pattern. He has questionable hands (they are a problem again this year) and disappears for stretches. As for this thing that he has done nothing but ball out, oh really? He ended the regular season last year pretty poorly, in two games we could have used him in - the Saints and Colts. Remember that 0 we put up? first time since 2003 when we had Quincy Carter?

Mr. Top 5 Route Runner should be able to go up against the best of the best. I've seen lesser WRs get the best of Lattimore. He's not Sanders.

With Cooper last game it was obvious he was hurting. Those cuts weren't as sharp. And then we went back to the Garrett offense of 9 yards comeback routes.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Zeke out-earned himself on the ground over the first 3 weeks of this season than he did in any other season prior to that stink show Sunday night. I'm not worried.

Games 1-3...
2016: 71 att | 274 yds | 3.85 ypc | 2 TDs | 19 1STD
2017: 55 att | 192 yds | 3.49 ypc | 1 TDs | 12 1STD
2018: 48 att | 274 yds | 5.70 ypc | 2 TDs | 12 1STD
2019: 55 att | 289 yds | 5.25 ypc | 2 TDs | 18 1STD

The game plan was pure ***** and called for runs right up the middle straight into the strength of the Saints DL who got Rankins back. Our OL was getting ate up on the inside. Williams, Frederick and Martin had an awful game, and you'd think the 2nd half would've brought some adjustments, but nope. Reminded me eerily of his very first game vs the Giants when they continually ran him on wham plays right into Snacks, but would put in Morris who would get positive yardage on off tackle runs. Baffling.

The offense SHOULDN'T run through him. I love him and even I knew that they should sign him with the hope of deploying him correctly... which is what they did weeks 1-3. He quietly earned great yardage those three weeks. Anyone complaining just doesn't like him, which is your prerogative.

It would, however, be asinine to complain about the contract not being worth it 4 weeks into a said contract.

Very well stated.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke out-earned himself on the ground over the first 3 weeks of this season than he did in any other season prior to that stink show Sunday night. I'm not worried.

Games 1-3...
2016: 71 att | 274 yds | 3.85 ypc | 2 TDs | 19 1STD
2017: 55 att | 192 yds | 3.49 ypc | 1 TDs | 12 1STD
2018: 48 att | 274 yds | 5.70 ypc | 2 TDs | 12 1STD
2019: 55 att | 289 yds | 5.25 ypc | 2 TDs | 18 1STD

The game plan was pure ***** and called for runs right up the middle straight into the strength of the Saints DL who got Rankins back. Our OL was getting ate up on the inside. Williams, Frederick and Martin had an awful game, and you'd think the 2nd half would've brought some adjustments, but nope. Reminded me eerily of his very first game vs the Giants when they continually ran him on wham plays right into Snacks, but would put in Morris who would get positive yardage on off tackle runs. Baffling.

The offense SHOULDN'T run through him. I love him and even I knew that they should sign him with the hope of deploying him correctly... which is what they did weeks 1-3. He quietly earned great yardage those three weeks. Anyone complaining just doesn't like him, which is your prerogative.

It would, however, be asinine to complain about the contract not being worth it 4 weeks into a said contract.
Did he ever play 3 of the 5 worst rush defenses in his first 3 games?

Today he gets the 26th worst, I expect the Kool Aid to be flowing after he SHOULD (and I think he will) get 100+ yards.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because the argument is generally framed around those terms. Someone looks at his numbers, says he sucks, and then people use numbers to say he doesn't.

Numbers don't tell the full story.

Whining about another man's money sounds like jealousy.
Well done Jeremiah!!

Yep , using stats to frame a narrative or agenda, also known as Fake News. And in social media often considered trolling.

aria

Reaction score
Well done Jeremiah!!

Yep , using stats to frame a narrative or agenda, also known as Fake News. And in social media often considered trolling.
Curious to hear your opinion of my reply to that.

My original response...

Incorrect. It normally starts with people saying he is the best simply because he had the most yards.

I couldn’t care less about how much money he makes if there wasn’t such thing as a salary cap but there is and it effects the entire team. Some people think we should pay whoever whatever, without any thought of future repercussions. That won’t work for long and some positions are more valuable than others. RB’s are towards the bottom as they should be. It’s almost as if no one has any recollection of how recently we were financially handcuffed due to over spending or making poor spending choices.

Dropping that much money on a RB who can’t play at a high level or be a difference maker without a dominant O line is not a wise decision IMO. When we can’t resign certain players or sign needed FA’s at key positions then people may look back at this contract as one of the bigger mistakes in recent team history. That’s why I care about the money he got, it sure as hell isn’t jealousy. If I cared that much about money I wouldn’t have turned down several promotional opportunities in my career.

Numbers don’t tell the full story but when you put enough of them together, taking into consideration other factors, it tells a good portion of the story.

6 fumbles last year is a strong indicator that Zeke doesn’t hold on to the ball well. When you can visibly see that he is significantly slower than his rookie year and that is backed up by the decreasing amount of 20+ yard runs he has and see he is being chased down easier it tells a good part of the story. Those are just a couple of examples where numbers are meaningful.

Some things like broken tackles are a little more subjective without taking into account the O line as is flaunting most yards without mention of most carries or O line quality or lack there of.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Curious to hear your opinion of my reply to that.

My original response...

Incorrect. It normally starts with people saying he is the best simply because he had the most yards.

I couldn’t care less about how much money he makes if there wasn’t such thing as a salary cap but there is and it effects the entire team. Some people think we should pay whoever whatever, without any thought of future repercussions. That won’t work for long and some positions are more valuable than others. RB’s are towards the bottom as they should be. It’s almost as if no one has any recollection of how recently we were financially handcuffed due to over spending or making poor spending choices.

Dropping that much money on a RB who can’t play at a high level or be a difference maker without a dominant O line is not a wise decision IMO. When we can’t resign certain players or sign needed FA’s at key positions then people may look back at this contract as one of the bigger mistakes in recent team history. That’s why I care about the money he got, it sure as hell isn’t jealousy. If I cared that much about money I wouldn’t have turned down several promotional opportunities in my career.

Numbers don’t tell the full story but when you put enough of them together, taking into consideration other factors, it tells a good portion of the story.

6 fumbles last year is a strong indicator that Zeke doesn’t hold on to the ball well. When you can visibly see that he is significantly slower than his rookie year and that is backed up by the decreasing amount of 20+ yard runs he has and see he is being chased down easier it tells a good part of the story. Those are just a couple of examples where numbers are meaningful.

Some things like broken tackles are a little more subjective without taking into account the O line as is flaunting most yards without mention of most carries or O line quality or lack there of.
Your original reply to what?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
My God man!!!

You have to be more than a decoy when you are the highest paid RB in the league. Zeke will get his yards because he gets his carries and this is a great offense. But you need to win big games for us and be unstoppable. Like Emmitt used to do. Remember those days?

And 9 TD's is not going to cut it. He should be 18-25 TD's easy in this offense.

What you gonna expect from Dak when he signs for $35 mil a year?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Six touchdowns. Six fumbles last season. One touchdown one fumble this season. I believe. Hope this isn't a normal

aria

Reaction score
I made a general summarization comment on a post not specific stats. I’m not clear what you’re asking?
Well we disagree on Zeke but there are several other posts I agree with you on so I was curious what you thought of my rebuttal that basically I understand one stat doesn’t tell the entire story but several stats combined tell a good part of the story and I gave several examples in reference to Zeke specifically.

Honestly, don’t worry about it. No big deal, I was just curious to hear your opinion since you agreed with someone I disagreed with and provided examples. Really, don’t sweat it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well we disagree on Zeke but there are several other posts I agree with you on so I was curious what you thought of my rebuttal that basically I understand one stat doesn’t tell the entire story but several stats combined tell a good part of the story and I gave several examples in reference to Zeke specifically.

Honestly, don’t worry about it. No big deal, I was just curious to hear your opinion since you agreed with someone I disagreed with and provided examples. Really, don’t sweat it.
No worries. And thanks.

I was simply making a blanket statement that facts or stats can be used to support an agenda or narrative potentially creating fake news which this thread appears to reek of.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
We’ve played 4 teams in the bottom 10 of the league, let that sink in.

It won't sink in with the Dak homers and their narrative. They think he's having a hall of fame season and think the super bowl is guaranteed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It won't sink in with the Dak homers and their narrative. They think he's having a hall of fame season and think the super bowl is guaranteed.
Darn. I should have recognized a bashing Zeke thread is about Slobbering over Dak. Lol