The Great Zeke!

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
This, this like the 8th thread on him since the game. Last I checked the OL and QB and WR should take some heat but every other thread Zeke did not do this or that. Well let's see Barry or Emmit line not open some holes for them. For them you could only juke so many defenders.

It's just the common thing among Cowboys fans. We can really be quite insufferable and I understand why other teams' fans don't like us. It's no coincidence people are targeting 21, 90 and 54. Though 54 gets more of a pass because he's more personable, I guess. It's too early for this BS.

The only things in the last several years I can really complain about with the front office are:
1) Drafting Taco over Watt.
2) Trying to force WR by committee.
3) Hiring Paul Alexander.

So I trust their decision making more than I do the perpetual complainers, tbqh.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like Zeke because I’m a Cowboys fan, and I think he’s a very good RB.

That being said, I didn’t want to pay him. It’s a brutal business and I’m not proud of this, but my strategy would’ve been to run him into the ground then let him walk. Similar to what happened to DeMarco Murray.

If you can’t find good, productive RBs for cheap through the draft and FA, you’re a garbage front office. We should’ve let Tony Pollard and a cheap vet or 2 (yes, maybe even including Alfred Morris) handle the load.
Jerry should have done what the Chargers did to Melvin Gordon. After 3 weeks of no pay, plus fines for days missed, I guarantee Zeke would have come crawling back.

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
Jerry should have done what the Chargers did to Melvin Gordon. After 3 weeks of no pay, plus fines for days missed, I guarantee Zeke would have come crawling back.

Doubtful. It cost him less to sit out this year than any other year of his contract.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm glad fans don't co-sign their checks.

superonyx

Reaction score
It's not just Zeke, it's Cooper. We gave up a first for him as well, supposed to be the amazing route runner. He got busted in the mouth by a great corner and couldn't do much of anything for most of the game.

We've used two first round picks on skill positions out of the past 4 drafts. We continue to hope late round safeties pan out to be more than where they were drafted.
Dumbest post of the day.

Let the troll who started this thread have his own troll thread without you trying to troll jack his thread.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So here is the guy that the offense is supposed to run through. Here is the guy that we couldnt live without. Here is the guy that Dak couldnt function without. The unstoppable "best RB in the NFL".

Im just wondering when he is going to show up.

First 3 games was all Dak and the passing game. 4th game they put it in Zeke's hands and he folded up like a cheap suit. Worst game of his life.

Is this the guy that is going to lead us to a championship?

We should have let him rot in Cabo. This team needs a run stuffing DT and a ball hawking safety.

QB leads teams to championships hence the fact there usually they take a huge part of any teams Cap as the most expensive part of the engine.
Stop putting the responsibility on ZEKE to avoid the obvious problem we have to score when defense play STOP the run......

J_Allen

Reaction score
Good thing he signed up to be a football player. Phew. That was close.

Can you show me where someone signs up to be a role model and where he opted out?

He's the running back for the most popular sports franchise in the world. He's a role model the kids look up to. Unfortunately he provides a horrible example.

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
Nope. His base and cap hit last year were much higher than this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ezekiel-elliott-18952/

The thing is... Zeke >> Gordon, so not exactly the same situation for them both. EE had way more leverage than MG... but also we have to take into account his POV and how they figure the next couple of years panning out (prior to him having signed).

So if we look at it like his agent likely did... 2019 was lowest salary year of any year during the years the Cowboys can control his contract, and happened to be the first year he could negotiate. If he had sat out Sept - Nov, it wouldn't cost him as much in a $3.85M salary year (+ fines) than it would have if he waited and would have been tagged x2 (which he would have) and sat out either one of those years at ~$11M - $13M.

Hopefully that makes sense. Someone broke that down for me and I was like

r.gif

Retro88

Reaction score
We are 3-1, not 1-3. Stop acting like a bad game is the end of the world.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The thing is... Zeke >> Gordon, so not exactly the same situation for them both. EE had way more leverage than MG... but also we have to take into account his POV and how they figure the next couple of years panning out (prior to him having signed).

So if we look at it like his agent likely did... 2019 was lowest salary year of any year during the years the Cowboys can control his contract, and happened to be the first year he could negotiate. If he had sat out Sept - Nov, it wouldn't cost him as much in a $3.85M salary year (+ fines) than it would have if he waited and would have been tagged x2 (which he would have) and sat out either one of those years at ~$11M - $13M.

Hopefully that makes sense. Someone broke that down for me and I was like

r.gif
Ahhhhhh, gotcha! Thanks, DCBlueStar!

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
He's still on pace for at least 1300 yards and 12 tds. He's still 7th in rushing coming into the week, and this is with a "poor" start. What people don't realize is zeke is a grind it out type runner with excellent vision. How many 3rd and 2's and 1's does this guy get to pickup first downs for us. He is clutch and reliable. I would also argue his fumble from the other day wasn't even close to a fumble. Zeke will be fine.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve seen what our offense is behind Dak without the productive running game. Cowboys are 1-8 when Elliott has under 75 yards.

It’s a proven defensive scheme. Stop Elliott , our running game and force Dak to beat you over the top.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We’ve seen what our offense is behind Dak without the productive running game. Cowboys are 1-8 when Elliott has under 75 yards.

It’s a proven defensive scheme. Stop Elliott , our running game and force Dak to beat you over the top.

Exactly what I have heard all day on TV and Radio, everyone saying as Zeke goes so does Dak. If you stop Zeke, Dak can't beat you. Damien Woody said today you D gives up 12 points not 1 TD but your 35M - 40M QB could not get you in FG range to win the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly what I have heard all day on TV and Radio, everyone saying as Zeke goes so does Dak. If you stop Zeke, Dak can't beat you. Damien Woody said today you D gives up 12 points not 1 TD but your 35M - 40M QB could not get you in FG range to win the game.
Not against the better teams anyway. The same thing happened during Zekes suspension. Dak was enough against lesser opponents but not equal or better teams without Elliott.

And I’m not blaming Dak for the loss. I’d point the two fumbles and give credit to Saints defense. As poorly as offense played we still had a shot.

We know what Dak is and why we’ve surrounded him with all of this talent. And why signing Elliott was a priority over Dak.

Dak looked great in those early games against bottom tier opponents. Let’s hope this game was just a bump in the road. Time will tell.

Last edited: