Video: The Herd-Mike McCarthy does not need Dak Prescott

Frozen700

Reaction score
Here..

I have suspected this for sometime.

The fact your new HC does not talk on the phone the week he was hired even to just say how's the weather?

You have to wonder how this relationship is going to work out.

Prescott doesn't have the skills to be a great QB, and MM knows that.

If he had a serious hard on for Dak, you don't think Jerry and Stephen would push harder for a deal?

He more than likely said " sure sign him if you can, but don't break the bank and handicap us to him, he's a good QB but not great, and he hasn't shown he can carry a team, lacks arm strength and accuracy... We need to build a solid team, and to throw money a bunch of it, at a QB who needs help, and will therefore prevent us from getting help isn't smart"

So Jerry sees this and does Stephen and they say screw it. Take this offer, or play this year and walk.

Think, if he really really wanted Dak, he would of been signed.

You all talk about him like he's Pat Mahommes, or Brady. Stop it.

Oh and screw your stats, eye test is what matters. Look at him vs competition. Trash. To get into the playoffs, last game, trash. Got my boy Cooper benched with his bad play

#DontpayDak

plasticman

Reaction score
What does that mean? McCarthy has Dak. Did Dak say he wasn't going to play this season?

Why are we talking about 2021 when there hasn't been a single game played yet in 2020.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that McCarthy won't know if he needs Dak beyond 2020 until we know the results of this season?

plasticman

Reaction score
I would not be surprised at all to see Dallas take a QB early in the 2021 draft.
The Cowboys should draft a QB in one of the top three rounds regardless.

I'm tired of these undrafted free agent warm bodies. I'm tired of these overpaid broken veteran free agents on one year farewell tour contracts. All they do with the Cowboys is grab some of Jerry's cash on their way out the door.

Tony Romo was a once in a lifetime story, right place, right time, right coach. In the history of the NFL, Parcells and Landry are the only two HC's that ever kept a QB through 2 entire seasons without them throwing a single pass. They were the only two to truly "develop" a QB considered to be a "project". Others tried but always succumbed to a poor QB situation during a regular season and threw their "project" out there too earfly. The QB failed, both the team and the QB lost confidence. The QB left.

Taking a QB with at least some NFL ready skills can do much more for a team. They can push the starter competitively, They provide a capable, moderately priced backup in case of injury. If he excels he has trade value as well as providing leverage during the starters contract negotiation. He may even replace the more expensive starter.

The Cowboys should get in the habit of drafting 1st or 2nd day QB's about every 2-3 years.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I have yet to see a picture of them together. No smiles, no fist bumps. Nothing.

There are a lot of possible reasons why. I just want the real one.

Who cares? If there is a season, we will find out soon enough. And next year will be here and we will find out if Dak is here. The Cowboys were here before Dak and they will be here after Dak. QBs come and go.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If he had a serious hard on for Dak, you don't think Jerry and Stephen would push harder for a deal?

He more than likely said " sure sign him if you can, but don't break the bank and handicap us to him, he's a good QB but not great, and he hasn't shown he can carry a team, lacks arm strength and accuracy... We need to build a solid team, and to throw money a bunch of it, at a QB who needs help, and will therefore prevent us from getting help isn't smart"

So Jerry sees this and does Stephen and they say screw it. Take this offer, or play this year and walk.

Oh and screw your stats, eye test is what matters. Look at him vs competition. Trash. To get into the playoffs, last game, trash. Got my boy Cooper benched with his bad play

#DontpayDak

by this logic Jimmy Johnson didn’t want Emmitt Smith in 1993.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We usually grab one every year. Unless we are talking about trading up. I don’t think we will do that. We want Dak and Dak wants to be here. We will work something out after this odd season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a coincidence. I was just thinking of the Dunning - Kruger effect as I was writing a post about flat Earthers and conspiracy theorists.
I would say they fit right in there! :D

As far as "conspiracies" go.... I am not opposed to a good one. But when the conspiracy becomes more obtuse and preposterous than the actual event, I'm tappin' out. The network it would take to pull off a fake moon landing is...impossible. Hey...if it makes you feel smarter...have at it! :thumbup:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When last seen Mike McCarthy was losing with Aaron Rodgers so apparently he needs something.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does that mean? McCarthy has Dak. Did Dak say he wasn't going to play this season?

Why are we talking about 2021 when there hasn't been a single game played yet in 2020.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that McCarthy won't know if he needs Dak beyond 2020 until we know the results of this season?
Cowherd doesn’t say McCarthy doesn’t need Dak as a quality QB for the Cowboys, he says the relationship between McCarthy and Dak is different than between Garrett and Dak because McCarthy doesn’t need Dak in the way Garrett did to make money or secure a legacy or hold on to his job. His point was that McCarthy has already made his money, won a Super Bowl and has a new 5 year contract, so the balance in the relationship is shifted more toward the head coach now than when Garrett was the coach. Cowherd also said that balance could shift some as the season goes on.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cowherd doesn’t say McCarthy doesn’t need Dak as a quality QB for the Cowboys, he says the relationship between McCarthy and Dak is different than between Garrett and Dak because McCarthy doesn’t need Dak in the way Garrett did to make money or secure a legacy or hold on to his job. His point was that McCarthy has already made his money, won a Super Bowl and has a new 5 year contract, so the balance in the relationship is shifted more toward the head coach now than when Garrett was the coach. Cowherd also said that balance could shift some as the season goes on.
Makes since. I wonder if they have been in contact. Dak hasn’t joined in on the virtual meetings last I heard..

conner01

Reaction score
I’d say he does need Dak
How many Super Bowls did he win with a HOF QB?
I’d say the belief MM can win without a quality QB is somewhat a fantasy

plasticman

Reaction score
And he is completely wrong. McCarthy isn't here for the money. Did Cowherd say McCarthy has a legacy? Really? How impressive is this legacy? Is it good enough for induction to the HOF?

That is what McCarthy us here for. In order to get the respect he feels he is missing, he needs at least another Super Bowl.... and for that, he needs Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes since. I wonder if they have been in contact. Dak hasn’t joined in on the virtual meetings last I heard..
I think they had some contact early on after McCarty got the job, but I have no idea about recently.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

#DontpayDak
Stop with the obvious stuff.

The mere fact Dak had a must win against Philly and coughed the big hairball..

same result against NE..

games that would have silenced all of us who have deep doubts about Dak

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop with the obvious stuff.

The mere fact Dak had a must win against Philly and coughed the big hairball..

same result against NE..

games that would have silenced all of us who have deep doubts about Dak

That's the thing...for me. Yep...we can put the total yards on parade. But...what moment.....does Dak put the WHOLE team on his shoulders and valiantly win the game. I know..a bad defense or special teams can ruin that right quick just ask Romo.

But there was never opportunities to do just that? If so....what are they? LEAD the team by sheer will with historic confidence and performance.

I'm not sure he HAS to do that for us to be successful....but I'm going to call it like it is.