The I'm done with TO thread.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
That's my quarterback.....over there under that bus.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aven8;2473536 said:
Would it have mattered???? I'm sick of the "me first" attitude. We need to turn this team, into a team.

We have plenty of weapons to do it....Bennett, Witten, Austin, RW11, Felix, Baber, Choice, Crayton. Those guys are all team players IMO. Cutting loose of TO will give us the fresh start....and IMO will rejunivate our offense with a better attitude.

We're not going anywhere with the guy....so what's all the fuss about cutting the guy loose. I wouldn't have said this at the start of the year...but after watching it all season....it's time.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. Out of any of those guys you named who will demand any double teams? Who? Roy Williams? Maybe but not after the season he's had. His stats as of right now are worse than some 3rd stringers. Where were you last week after that 100 yard game by TO? Because I missed you......

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473550 said:
But ... but ... but if we don't force it to TO, TO gets angry.

You actually believe there's a single snap in the game where TO doesn't believe he's open?

I would like to know why Romo forces it even more into Jason Witten. He seems to be his first read, FWIW.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473520 said:
I'm in the same camp as you-I was against him coming here 2 years ago(admittedly, I threw up my hamburger the minute ESPN announced his signing).

However-I'm surprised by all this kneejerk MMBQ reactions after a very tough loss yesterday. There were numerous, albeit bigger factors of why we lost. We DID have a double digit lead in the 4th qtr, for crying out loud! We also had some very bad breaks against us, but I guess that's the nature of the beast, and we just have to move on.

I've never had anything against TO, and I can't say that I was against signing him. I mean, I don't know the guy personally, so all I could go by was what I see on TV and what I hear about him. I take the media's reaction to him with a grain of salt, as I don't trust the media anyways.

I didn't get the impression that he was being force fed the ball yesterday. If anything, that honor goes to Witten.

TO is an emotional guy, and I don't have a problem with emotions flying so long as it is helpful to the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473550 said:

You actually believe there's a single snap in the game where TO doesn't believe he's open?

I....DON'T.....GIVE.....A....DAMN. Who cares if he gets angry. What kinda sensitive nonsense is this? "I don't want TO to yell at me". GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT NONSENSE. If anyone is scared of TO yelling than they need to be cut loose. Not TO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473563 said:
I would like to know why Romo forces it even more into Jason Witten. He seems to be his first read, FWIW.

Yea and that's another thing. He forces throws to Witten as well as he does to TO. If he's going to force to someone i'd expect it to be Roy Williams who's bigger than the guys guarding him. I wish we'd force more jump balls to him.

Aven8

Reaction score
rocyaice;2473559 said:
I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. Out of any of those guys you named who will demand any double teams? Who? Roy Williams? Maybe but not after the season he's had. His stats as of right now are worse than some 3rd stringers. Where were you last week after that 100 yard game by TO? Because I missed you......

Stats smats! Are you guys brothers or something?

Are the Giants any good with Toomer, Boss, and Hixson?

We have enough...and then some.....my point of this whole thread.....and this is getting exhausting....is we need a TEAM FIRST/FRESH START attitude around here. Do you really think it's going to get any better?????????????

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
casmith07;2473544 said:
This is, by the way, the same TO that busted his *** downfield to throw a block to help Felix Jones get in the endzone on that long 60+ yard TD run.

Not sure where all the hate is coming from? You see him upset on the sidelines in a game where we only put up 13 points and should have won...I'm glad someone is getting fired up over there.

No worries. It's blind hate.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2473578 said:

We have enough...and then some.....my point of this whole thread.....and this is getting exhausting....is we need a TEAM FIRST/FRESH START attitude around here. Do you really think it's going to get any better?????????????

Dominick Hixon has been a pleasant surprise for the Giants-however, no matter how many plays he makes, he's still not going to command the respect of double teams, safety help over the top, etc...instead that attention will be set on crowding the LOS to stop their run game instead.

Like I said-I admire Coughlin, unlike Wade, b/c he emphasizes accountability. However-even HE's done his best to put up with Burress' antics(i.e. faking injuries so he can skip camp/practices) knowing his value to this team.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
rocyaice;2473559 said:

Exactly. This is what the simple minded individual won't understand. The bottom line is TO being on the field allows the other 90% of the field to be more open that they would if he wasn't out there. The simple minded person won't understand that until TO is no longer a Cowboy... Then the "remembering the way it was" posts will pop up all over the place. :rolleyes:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2473575 said:
Too many **** ***** being overly sensitive....

That wasn't appropriate and the mods should delete your post.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
rocyaice;2473567 said:
I....DON'T.....GIVE.....A....DAMN. Who cares if he gets angry. What kinda sensitive nonsense is this? "I don't want TO to yell at me". GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT NONSENSE. If anyone is scared of TO yelling than they need to be cut loose. Not TO.

Ignore TO? That's being "disrespectful"

You don't want to be disrespekful to TO the way big meanies Todd Haley, Parcells and Andy Reid were. He's a precious little snowflake .. you got to know how to "handle" him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473591 said:
Exactly. This is what the simple minded individual won't understand. TO bottom line is TO being on the field allows the other 90% of the field to be more open that they would if he wasn't out there. The simple minded person won't understand that until TO is no longer a Cowboy... Then the "remembering the way it was" posts will pop up all over the place. :rolleyes:

The same can be said about Roy Williams38. Yeah-his pass coverage skills are ****-poor, however, we've missed his leadership on the field. I mean how many *12 men on the field* penalties have we had since he got hurt? Remember how he would consistently make sure the right number of guys are on the field AND in their proper places before the oppositions snaps the balls? Otherwise, we prolly would have won the 1st Skins game.

Cali'sFinest

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2473550 said:

Then why does he force it to Witten? Maybe Witten told Romo he won't be his buttbuddy anymore. We obviously need to cut Witten too.:rolleyes:

Spectre

Reaction score
been saying this all along.

get rid of him...
he's the worthless kind of garbage that I don't even enjoy winning with.

Aven8

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2473591 said:
Exactly. This is what the simple minded individual won't understand. The bottom line is TO being on the field allows the other 90% of the field to be more open that they would if he wasn't out there. The simple minded person won't understand that until TO is no longer a Cowboy... Then the "remembering the way it was" posts will pop up all over the place. :rolleyes:

Are we really going anywhere with him anyway? Seriously.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aven8;2473578 said:

I guess you didn't see the Giants game yesterday. Eli was wishing Plexiglass was out there with all the dropped balls they had out there.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2473601 said:
The same can be said about Roy Williams38. Yeah-his pass coverage skills are ****-poor, however, we've missed his leadership on the field. I mean how many *12 men on the field* penalties have we had since he got hurt? Remember how he would consistently make sure the right number of guys are on the field AND in their proper places before the oppositions snaps the balls? Otherwise, we prolly would have won the 1st Skins game.

LOL, the defense is stupid with or without biscuit on the field. I dont even notice he is missing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Spectre;2473609 said:
been saying this all along.

get rid of him...
he's the worthless kind of garbage that I don't even enjoy winning with.

Why don't you go become a Dolphins fan? You can even relive the Parcells experiment.