The Jets game was an aberration; these Cowboys are better than most think

HotDog37

Reaction score
I believe we are far better we look lately but the thing is we have become a team that rarely puts it all together. I think EZE is vastly better than he looks lately. I believe he is dogging it on purpose. I think the team needs direction and leadership in a big way to see the weapons we have come together as a cohesive unit that cares about and strives to win championships. I do think we win some games big later in the year and will probably look great towards the end but that seems to be a trend and it'll be too late but might be enough to save Garrett's job yet again .It's like more than anything else we aren't playing football to actually win out or win a superbowl or even win a division championship. It's like Jerry is in a "save Garrett mode". Win a few early. Look good doing it. Big drop for 4-5-6 games. Lose badly in a few of those. Suddenly towards the end of the year we get in gear again, Garrett looking composed again (still not talking into his headset) slapping and clapping. 1 or 2 games we win in spectacular fashion Zeke hurdles a few because he is in shape now (finally). In the end we lose to better coached teams that play this way more regularly and already know they want to win a superbowl. Garrett keeps his job though and Jerry packages the narrative as "boy we looked good we got the tools we are nearly there".

HotDog37

Reaction score
In other words we are better than we look but need better coaching to get to a place where we can put the talent to use in a way that can win Championships.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The problem is these weird anomalies have been happening a lot. It seems every time Dallas loses they create the exception to the rule of a large set of numbers. What was last week's--teams that control the clock, win the turnover battle, etc. are 90-1 with the 1 being Dallas?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Look, this last game was just unusual: Penalties, injuries, dropped passes, missed FG's. Everything that could go wrong; did go wrong. And it was frustrating!

We lost to "some darn old" QB...Errr I mean "SAM DARNOLD" QB.

But, you have to give the Jets credit. They had a sound game plan and came to play.

Now: Why do I call it an aberration?

If you would have made last weeks picks based on the higher ranked teams from Aikmans efficiency ratings you would have lost only 2 games.

http://aikman.com/AikmanEfficiencyR...man-Efficiency-Ratings-2019-As-of-Week-5.aspx

The Two Exceptions:

1. Cowboys ranked at #3 lost to the Jets ranked at #30 (This is unusual)

Bucs ranked #14 lost to the Panthers ranked at #15 (This is not unusual. These two teams were ranked barely apart in overall efficiency).

THE SHIP ISN'T SINKING!

We have an efficient team which equals success. Aikman has it right!

With that being said: I want to see them play as a TEAM. NEVER play as individuals.

I guess you haven't watched the defense. Pourous would be an upgrade from what we have now. This team isn't going anywhere unless Tyrsten Hill becomes Warren Sapp overnight.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Patience is a virtue. If the internet existed during the beginning of the Tom Landry era:

Well, for Landry's first nine seasons:

Landry was well below .500, had several losing seasons, made the playoffs 3 times and never got to the SB. And then greatness was born.
JG is above .500, had only 1 losing season, made the playoffs 3 times and never got to the SB. Yet.

Just saying that in today's world; everyone wants instant gratification.

That Landry fella turned out to be a great one!

Sometimes, you just never know.

It is really disrespectful to compare Garrett to Landry at this point.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We see losses like the Jets game every year - predictable play calling, dropped passes, poor special teams, and defensive breakdowns.

The Natural

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Can this be right?

2 In offense and 9 in D??

Maybe we can turn it around. 6 games is a pretty decent sample size. Nearly half the season complete.

Cut down the real penalties. Hope the fake ones will not be called as much. Make the makable field goals. Maybe even get a few turnovers and we can show what many thought we were.

Even the most real of realist must see there has been some real bull**** going on. Probability says it can’t stay like that. Probably
I wonder what those stats would look life if you take out the games vs the Eli-giants, Commanders, and dolphins. I reckon it wouldnt be pretty.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Ol is mediocre, the defense is bad and the coaching awful. This is not a playoff team. There are 2 winnable games left. True the Cowboys might upset a few but that only gets us to 8-8.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this is a average football team at best you are what ur record says u are they will lose to eagles there are not many winnable games remaining on the schedule

Aven8

Reaction score
Let Moore start calling his offense again, and the defense starts getting TO’s and we will see.

Anyone really believe that’s going to happen? Nope

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Moral victories and "we are not really this bad" is what losers tell themselves to help them sleep at night.

And the "officials are against us" claims are conspiracies made up to help with the self-examining thought that you support a loser, plus it gives you a comeback when your buddies make fun of your team's loser ways.