The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Being here doesn’t make you a fan are you kidding me? Saying I’ll believe when they win a playoff game is the definition of being a bandwagon fan.
The first sentence is true. Though I don’t like to judge, because every fan is a lil different with how they root for the team, there are people who post here who ARE NOT fans.

But no. A bandwagon fan shows up only when times are good. And they may also claim to be a fan of other teams when those teams are successful.

I’m not that guy. I WISH I could be that guy, because this team has been a disappointment for years. But alas, the cowboys have a stranglehold on my emotions.

IMO, critiquing the Jones family is necessary if you actually love this team. Because after all they are only beholden to the almighty dollar, and therefore, the fans

Jay

Reaction score
I don’t see why the Joneses should be receiving heat. We had the number one offense in the league in 2019. Everyone was in love with Kellen Moore. A lot of fans wanted him as our next HC. Dak was having an MVP season in 2020 before he was injured. Not one fan complained about Moore staying on as the OC when McCarthy took over. Things went well early on with Moore before it started to sour. The Chargers actually looked better than we did offensively to start this season. They were ranked in the top five while we were ranked 17th. The problem with the Chargers is Justin Herbert has regressed and now he’s out with an injury.
Many people questioned pushing an assistant on a new HC, you must have been living under a rock at the time. And using Herbert’s injury as a side excuse is absolutely laughable, he’s missed one freaking game.

This entire post was like a keyboard shart. Instead of talking, it’s like you were typing out of your ***.

Mark

Reaction score
What a pointless exercise...to expend "heat" on an issue of no current import.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Many people questioned pushing an assistant on a new HC, you must have been living under a rock at the time. And using Herbert’s injury as a side excuse is absolutely laughable, he’s missed one freaking game.

This entire post was like a keyboard shart. Instead of talking, it’s like you were typing out of your ***.
What’s your problem? I wouldn’t be talking about anyone typing out their butt with the classless way you responded. No one pushed Moore on McCarthy. I already mentioned we had the number one offense in the league under Moore during his first season as OC. Everyone including the fans loved him. Why replace him? It would’ve made no sense, but apparently you have none. McCarthy wanted to work with Moore and the Joneses weren’t going to hire a coach of McCarthy’s stature and force a coordinator on him. Everyone on the staff McCarthy wanted including Mike Nolan, who he brought in. That turned out to be a big mistake, and Nolan was fired. As for Justin Herbert, I said he’s regressed. Can you not read? Some of that has to do with injuries he’s battled during the season. I went on to say he doesn’t win games despite his production. If you’re going to act like a 12-year-old with offensive comments don’t bother responding back. :thumbup:

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
They catching enough heat for the last 30 years!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Umm…Kellen Moore ran a top 5 offense for multiple years. Even last year, losing against the 9ers in the playoffs wasn’t just due to him, but due to Gallup not being anywhere near 100%, losing Pollard to injury, and Dak going into a shell against the 9ers like he seems to do. The game against the 9ers was even worse this year with McCarthy at the helm as offensive play caller, so it’s still debatable whether the team can overcome that hurdle. The team is playing well right now, but it all doesn’t matter if it doesn’t translate to the wins in the playoffs like it hasn’t these past years. We’ve seen this story before. The Chargers are awfully coached at the helm, their pass defense is just bad, and their pass protective offensive line is also suspect.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The first sentence is true. Though I don’t like to judge, because every fan is a lil different with how they root for the team, there are people who post here who ARE NOT fans.

But no. A bandwagon fan shows up only when times are good. And they may also claim to be a fan of other teams when those teams are successful.

I’m not that guy. I WISH I could be that guy, because this team has been a disappointment for years. But alas, the cowboys have a stranglehold on my emotions.

IMO, critiquing the Jones family is necessary if you actually love this team. Because after all they are only beholden to the almighty dollar, and therefore, the fans
So they have no chance this season because it’s been a disappointment for years. But when they win a playoff game you’ll believe. Dude, you’re a bandwagon fan no matter how you try and spin it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Umm…Kellen Moore ran a top 5 offense for multiple years. Even last year, losing against the 9ers in the playoffs wasn’t just due to him, but due to Gallup not being anywhere near 100%, losing Pollard to injury, and Dak going into a shell against the 9ers like he seems to do. The game against the 9ers was even worse this year with McCarthy at the helm as offensive play caller, so it’s still debatable whether the team can overcome that hurdle. The team is playing well right now, but it all doesn’t matter if it doesn’t translate to the wins in the playoffs like it hasn’t these past years. We’ve seen this story before. The Chargers are awfully coached at the helm, their pass defense is just bad, and their pass protective offensive line is also suspect.
Oh the ignorance of some CZ fans.

GINeric

Reaction score
he's NOT dumb.

Welll except...he is stupidly stubborn about his NCAA Mountain West Passing Offense. He thinks that is his prybar into NFL unique greatness.

It's like Defiance College Yellow Jackets thinking (KNOWING!) they can beat Ohio State.

The example I'm about to give you, happened many times....

AGAIN....

I'm not a mathematician expert, or a physics professor, but.... if I'm a football coach and my running backs are averaging 5 to 6 yards everytime they rush....

And we have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and three yards or LESS to the first down marker or the goal line.... why the **** would ANYONE who's intelligent, try to pass the damn ball THREE TIMES IN A ROW???

Again.... that idiot, trash *** offensive coordinator has done this to our offense MANY MANY MANY times. Kellen Moore is a VERY dumb offensive coordinator who lacks the intelligence it takes to make common sense decisions on a football field, period!!!

GINeric

Reaction score

Umm... Kellen Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL and it's not even close.

He's a junior college level coordinator at BEST!!! Proof is in the pudding. Ask the folks in LA...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The example I'm about to give you, happened many times....

AGAIN....

I'm not a mathematician expert, or a physics professor, but.... if I'm a football coach and my running backs are averaging 5 to 6 yards everytime they rush....

And we have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and three yards or LESS to the first down marker or the goal line.... why the **** would ANYONE who's intelligent, try to pass the damn ball THREE TIMES IN A ROW???

Again.... that idiot, trash *** offensive coordinator has done this to our offense MANY MANY MANY times. Kellen Moore is a VERY dumb offensive coordinator who lacks the intelligence it takes to make common sense decisions on a football field, period!!!
Yes sir...that was maddening. KM didn't want a dominant run offense. He wanted the big passing numbers.

You've made a good case that it's NOT stubbornness but stupidity.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yes sir...that was maddening. KM didn't want a dominant run offense. He wanted the big passing numbers.

You've made a good case that it's NOT stubbornness but stupidity.

I've done my homework on that collegiate offensive system that you've previously posted that he comes from.

All that pass happy, crappy decisions of his is starting to make sense. You have to have the personnel for that type of offense, and that's not how the Cowboys were built.

What's that saying about trying to fit a square peg into a round hole again....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Just goes to show you how good Dak is. We had the same guy and had a top offense. They have the same guy with a supposed better quarterback :laugh: :facepalm: yet they barely can score in most game....I feel even better now. Because I was one of the louder members in here calling for Moore to go. And that Moore was holding Dak back.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
People need to learn to look ahead, those that continually look backward are usually very disjointed and confused. The future is a great place to live, try it.
In the present isn't too bad either, slowly learning it myself. Finally.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Enough with Trey Lance already. He will never play for the Cowboys.
Where did he say in his post that Lance would play for Dallas?

Big Mike has a history of developing QBs. If that happens, we could potentially flip Lance for a higher pick that we paid.