The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

kskboys

Reaction score
13 wins is a contender period.
Once again, you're just not understanding what makes a contender. We were not a contender last season due to too many TO's and our inability to stop the run. If you want to claim we were when we weren't, that's fine.

rambo2

Reaction score
Once again, you're just not understanding what makes a contender. We were not a contender last season due to too many TO's and our inability to stop the run. If you want to claim we were when we weren't, that's fine.
I understand.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you think is a “contender”? Is there only 1 contender each year?
See my above post.

We haven;t gone past 2nd round...last year we beat a LOSER.

You can have your LOW expectations of contender. LOSER mentality./

I *EXPECT* a contender to beat champions. At least FACE the champions. We haven't. Never SMELLED contender.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but the bigger point is we don’t have to beat SF or make the SB to be a contender .

A contender isn’t necessarily a team which has been there. Only one that has a shot. How much of a shot is arguable.
The contender has to have a shot.

They have to show they have the ability to beat the champs.

We have not.

It's very simple stop making it complicated.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
See my above post.

I *EXPECT* a contender to beat champions. At least FACE the champions. We haven't. Never SMELLED contender.
Were the 2006 Cowboys Super Bowl contenders? The 2003 Panthers list to the Cowboys. Was that team a Super Bowl contender?

GINeric

Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.

I said this over and over and over again. Kellen Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the league.

He's not intelligent, he doesn't have "in-game" or "situational football awareness". Anytime your running game is averaging over 5 yards a carry and you keep calling pass plays on 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and short or goal, you're not too intelligent.

Kellen Moore is a junior college level offensive coordinator at BEST!! For all the football IQ challenged people who thought we would be worse without Kellen Moore, you should be suspended from this site for a month.

Look at what our offense is doing and compare that to the trash offense Kellen Moore leads in LA.

And I don't want to hear any excuses on his behalf because there ARE none!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
See my above post.

This is a muddled argument. If you don’t play the eventual Super Bowl Champions, you aren’t a contender? The Niners were blown out by KC last year. Were they a contender?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said this over and over and over again. Kellen Moore is the dumbest offensive coordinator in the league.

He's not intelligent, he doesn't have "in-game" or "situational football awareness". Anytime your running game is averaging over 5 yards a carry and you keep calling pass plays on 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and short or goal, you're not too intelligent.

Kellen Moore is a junior college level offensive coordinator at BEST!! For all the football IQ challenged people who thought we would be worse without Kellen Moore, you should be suspended from this site for a month.

Look at what our offense is doing and compare that to the trash offense Kellen Moore leads in LA.

And I don't want to hear any excuses on his behalf because there ARE none!!
he's NOT dumb.

Welll except...he is stupidly stubborn about his NCAA Mountain West Passing Offense. He thinks that is his prybar into NFL unique greatness.

It's like Defiance College Yellow Jackets thinking (KNOWING!) they can beat Ohio State.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a muddled argument. If you don’t play the eventual Super Bowl Champions, you aren’t a contender? The Niners were blown out by KC last year. Were they a contender?
I do agree it's a bit fleeting. "Muddled".

Did the niners play a super bowl champ?