Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes I do.

Here it is,....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/staff/roster/jerry-jones

Owner, President and General Manager.

Now you prove why he's acting as something other than his job titles.

I suggest taking a trip on Mr. Rogers' trolley for this, Mike. Toot toot.

Well,that's just flipping fantastic, now I'll have visions of Liza Minnelli in sheer black pantyhose doing that " clang clang clang goes the trolley" song and dance,,SHEESE!,,o_O,

School

Reaction score
I tend to fall in line with the optimists, but this has rustled my jimmies a bit.

Jerry needs to give up the GM charade. A GM going on vacation out of the country at this time of year is surely a fireable offense. Even as an owner, the timing is bad and is very poor optics, especially given the team's FA history lately. And Stephen is there too.

I don't mind this causing a big stir. Hand over the GM title to Will please.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Exactly!! Every other GM in the NFL is in his office working to improve their team and Jerry and Stephen are making toast in the Bahamas. To those fans who think Jerry and Steven being in the Bahamas is no issue, HOW COME NO OTHER GM’S in the NFL are taking a vacation at this time ? I realize there is modern technology to communicate all over the world, but if you are focusing on your toast speech, you are not doing everything possible to make your billion dollar franchise a WINNER!!

I don't believe it could be said any better than that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
And for all the fan saying, "its no biggie that the GM is on vacation, he can use a telephone"............LOL.........here is a nugget for you.....

"John Robinson, GM of the Tennessee Titans, was seen having dinner with Ndamukong Suh in Nashville last night"

https://247sports.com/nfl/tennessee...le-for-visit-has-dinner-with-Titans-116387796

And this is from a team that won a playoff game last year, funny how their GM is not on vacation in the Bahamas:facepalm:

WHAT?? The Titans GM not vacationing in the Bahamas? He's actually working??? :huh:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Show me where Jones could not be effective from Bahamas. Make and effective criticism of the fault of going to the Bahamas right now.

How about during the NFL Draft? If vacationing during FA is perfectly normal practice, why not during the Draft as well?

waving monkey

Reaction score
How about during the NFL Draft? If vacationing during FA is perfectly normal practice, why not during the Draft as well?
OK I'll address this one more time. JJones after his second billions in wealth was able to buy a cell phone and after the next billion
he jumped all in and blow another wad on a lap top computer. All his electronics today is wireless compatible also.
Now in the computer is loaded he's Dallas Cowboy's Proprietary software and it's all about Dallas Cowboys information including the 2018 free AGENTS! Lookie there! He's entirely remote. Back in Dallas he does business by what, phone and computer.

I also apolgize for being snarky azz can

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there still a fan out there that still thinks this team has a GM? We have a family running a business and getting badly outwitted on a regular basis. Nobody is doing the work required to have an effective free agency signing period or even keeping up enough to pull off an effective trade. Complacency and lack of accountability are the hallmarks of this once proud franchise.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
OK I'll address this one more time. JJones after his second billions in wealth was able to buy a cell phone and after the next billion
he jumped all in and blow another wad on a lap top computer. All his electronics today is wireless compatible also.
Now in the computer is loaded he's Dallas Cowboy's Proprietary software and it's all about Dallas Cowboys information including the 2018 free AGENTS! Lookie there! He's entirely remote. Back in Dallas he does business by what, phone and computer.

I also apolgize for being snarky azz can

How are they supposed to wine and dine prospective FAs ? He gonna fly them out to where he is ? Go look at the main sports sites and tell me how many teams are taking players out to dinner having a face to face . Its more then phones calls and electronics

Jumbo075

Reaction score
19 pages for a topic that is completely irrelevant. How DARE the Jones family attend the wedding of a relative or friend over the weekend, and leave their staff behind to do the jobs they were hired to do?

This thread is proof that some people just enjoy griping and moaning.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is there still a fan out there that still thinks this team has a GM? We have a family running a business and getting badly outwitted on a regular basis. Nobody is doing the work required to have an effective free agency signing period or even keeping up enough to pull off an effective trade. Complacency and lack of accountability are the hallmarks of this once proud franchise.
Yep..

Ironically the local beat actually appears less critical for a lack of activity in Free Agency than making poor decisions.

In other words Jerry receives less criticism for doing nothing. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was nice to escape the Cowboys for a weekend with the NCAA tourney here in Dallas which captured most of the Buzz in local media.

I attended Saturday’s second round at American Airlines. Truly my favorite sporting event of the year. One of the few places you can go in Dallas area where there’s no mention of the Cowboys or a sight of Cowboy gear.

waving monkey

Reaction score
How are they supposed to wine and dine prospective FAs ? He gonna fly them out to where he is ? Go look at the main sports sites and tell me how many teams are taking players out to dinner having a face to face . Its more then phones calls and electronics
The other thing on the team is called a staff. They are hired to help Jerry that's why he pays them.
By the way, there are no visits scheduled this week. curious

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I feel dirty liking your post, but it's so true. And what does that tell a free agent coming to join your team that you are on vacation the first week of free agency.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Free Agent- "Team A is offering me 4 years at $6M a year. Team B is offering 4 years at $4M. But team B took me to dinner so I'm going with them."

Yeah... that happens.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep..

Ironically the local beat actually appears less critical for a lack of activity in Free Agency than making poor decisions.

In other words Jerry receives less criticism for doing nothing. Lol

Well, the local beat needs access to the team. They usually buy whatever Jerry is selling. Currently, the jones boys are selling doing nothing as a strategy. So, the local media laps it up.