The Lance Era begins today

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Imagine having to sit through a 5 to 7 years of stetson bennets to find your brady

Your defenses hate playing for the team because their always having to go back out on the field with no break, guys asking for trades, players giving up before halftime, the locker room is lost, no one's tuning in and the org is losing money

Qb stability is a real thing

Smith22

Reaction score
One game, but that was really rough. Constantly high with his throws, and he looked like he had no idea where to throw the ball half the time.

sbark

Reaction score
Imagine having to sit through a 5 to 7 years of stetson bennets to find your brady

Your defenses hate playing for the team because their always having to go back out on the field with no break, guys asking for trades, players giving up before halftime, the locker room is lost, no one's tuning in and the org is losing money

Or a top 5 wr pouting on the bench 1st Qtr of a playoff game.....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Correct.

Make the Dak haters understand that.

My only problem with Dak is his recent admittedly contract greediness.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stetson Bennett accomplished (TD and game winning drive) what Lance couldn't do.

Bennett was a 2023 4th round draft pick.

Lance was a 2021 3rd overall (49ers traded three 1st round picks, + a 4th round pick to move up to the 3rd overall pick), plus the Cowboys 2024 4th round trade pick for him.

Embarrassing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Played the entire game minus 1 drive and couldn't lead us to 1 TD drive despite being gifted 4 awful picks from opposing QB.
You don’t draft a QB with 3 1st round picks and then trade him 2 years later for a 4th rounder unless he’s an unmitigated disaster. Look at what SF is doing with Aiyuk; if there was any chance Lance was a franchise caliber guy, they would have never let him go for so cheap.

Any scenario other than this one was extraordinarily unlikely. Good news is re-signing him next offseason will probably be dirt cheap

McMicah

Reaction score
Here is what I saw:
Pros: Pocket presence, escape, avoiding sacks, athleticism, toughness, kept eyes downfield when moving around, no turnovers

Cons: Accuracy, no anticipatory throws/late throws, stared down receivers, didn’t throw ball away when he should have

Here’s the thing…outside of accuracy, I expect all those cons from a 24 year old qb with very little NFL xp.

Here’s another another thing…his cons are Daks cons. He actually reminded me a lot of Dak today with his throw timing, accuracy, etc

Smith22

Reaction score
You don’t draft a QB with 3 1st round picks and then trade him 2 years later for a 4th rounder unless he’s an unmitigated disaster. Look at what SF is doing with Aiyuk; if there was any chance Lance was a franchise caliber guy, they would have never let him go for so cheap.

Any scenario other than this one was extraordinarily unlikely. Good news is re-signing him next offseason will probably be dirt cheap
I think his biggest issue is he hasn't played enough football. That said, i don't see him improving enough while here and he will be looking to find a new team next year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Obviously rusty and he sucked, no other way to say it. If he looks like this in game 4 then I'll agree that the experiment is probably over. The camp reports weren't exactly encouraging so now we know they are basically true.
His reports in San fran were the same.

It was a wasted trade when it happened and it’s even worse now.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Hmmm, just like when Andy Dalton was going to light the place up and take Dak’s job? People seem to forget one of the best Front Offices in the NFL bet the farm on him and ended up giving up on him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You dont DRAFT a guy with 3 1st round picks unless he has something.

Yes....there are busts of course. For "us" ( I am graciously assuming you are a cowboys fan) ...a 4th round pick...wasted..... is NOT a "disaster". 3 1sts....might be.

But you go ahead and reward the 9ers for giving up 3 first rounds for for him. It's WEIRD you blast US...and praise them. But okay.