The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Of course he has issues processing. No reason to call it a cult, that's really weak.

How do you know McClay doesn't know? Thing is, Dak is a top 15 QB. Top 15 QB's are very hard to find. That's why they might pay him. (No reason whatsoever to argue about where you put him!!!!)
I dont want to get baited into an argument that has been repeated over and over and over around here...

I think Dak has his flaws...so does every other QB, even Mahomes. I dont think Dak's flaws are as detrimental has being portrayed by this boards narrative pushers.

I think a lot of it is unreasonable negativity to push a narrative and it comes across as latching on to one or two flaws and trying to shame the guy out of town.

Processing in the playoffs is hard. Some bad processors have great coordinators that hide their flaws. Some good processors have bad coordinators that make their job harder.

Im not a Dak Homer. I just dont think he is as bad has this boards narrative pushers try to control your thinking into...especially when he is elite at not turning the ball over.

stiletto

Reaction score
You make a good point, it is truly a high risk - high reward scenario.

You dont pay Dak and he walks, you name Lance the starter and he sucks.................team goes from winning 12 games three consecutive seasons to a 5-6 win lottery team.

Jerry and the Cowboys will be the national laughing stock on every single website and news channel, they will all say "stupid Cowboys would not pay Dak and now they suck, LOL"

The opposite could happen, Lance takes over and is the real deal and is even better than Dak.

Its a gamble, a very high risk gamble because if you guess wrong it will set your franchise back for years.
You don't think the Cowboys weren't a laughing stock after the GB game? I think what happened was worse than going 6-11 for a year or two until you find another guy. No guarantees the next QB won't be able to get to the playoffs and choke just like Prescott. Might as well pay him about 1/2 as much... The team is good enough to get to the playoffs without Prescott. Rush went 4-1. Not saying Rush is better than Prescott but he IS a hell of a lot cheaper.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I dont think Jerry is listening to what the coaches are saying, after all, every single coach on the staff is working under a one-year deal as well, even the new ones hired only got one year deals.

That does not tell me Jerry has much faith in the coaching staff if they are all lame ducks, even a new guy like Zimmer only got a one year deal. That tells me Jerry is thinking about a new HC next year and does not want to have to pay off assistant coaches with years left on their deals.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement from ownership, so why would ownership bother to even listen to what the coaches (that even Jerry thinks wont be here next year) say about Dak?
Jerry just wants a Return On Investment.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dont want to get baited into an argument that has been repeated over and over and over around here...

I think Dak has his flaws...so does every other QB, even Mahomes. I dont think Dak's flaws are as detrimental has being portrayed by this boards narrative pushers.

I think a lot of it is unreasonable negativity to push a narrative and it comes across as latching on to one or two flaws and trying to shame the guy out of town.

Processing in the playoffs is hard. Some bad processors have great coordinators that hide their flaws. Some good processors have bad coordinators that make their job harder.

Im not a Dak Homer. I just dont think he is as bad has this boards narrative pushers try to control your thinking into...especially when he is elite at not turning the ball over.
Absolutely. A decent convo about Dak is dang near impossible on this board due to the incredibly lame Dak spatters.

Brooksey

Reaction score
You don't think the Cowboys weren't a laughing stock after the GB game? I think what happened was worse than going 6-11 for a year or two until you find another guy. No guarantees the next QB won't be able to get to the playoffs and choke just like Prescott. Might as well pay him about 1/2 as much... The team is good enough to get to the playoffs without Prescott. Rush went 4-1. Not saying Rush is better than Prescott but he IS a hell of a lot cheaper.
True story

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Absolutely. A decent convo about Dak is dang near impossible on this board due to the incredibly lame Dak spatters.
You have to have learned how to filter out the nonsense by now, Brother! There are a few of us, in fact I would say most of us who can discuss Dak and really any other aspect of the team somewhat rationally. Well as least as rationally as one could expect from "fanatics." The think I always come back to is QB is the one position where guys absolutely continue to get better well into their 30's. Mainly because it's such a mental position. There is no sane argument to be made that Dak was not a LOT better at 30 than he was five years ago at 25 and if his body holds up will be better at 35 than he is now. The argument that Dak haters cling to for dear life: "Dak is who he is and can't get any better." has been proven wrong hundreds of times. Hell our own Tony Romo was light years better in his age 35 season than he was in his age 30 season. We literally just watched it play out with our own previous QB and we still aren't able to see it with Dak. I don't get that part. Dak has destroyed just about every artificial limitation people have placed on him pretty much since he came to Dallas. "Doesn't pass for big yards is being carried by the run game." "Needs all pros on the line." "Needs all pros at all the receiver positions." "Can't win without a dominant running game." And my personal favorite - "Can't read defenses." The guy with one of the 10 best INT rates in the history of the league can't read defenses. The lunacy of that one never ceases to give me a chuckle. I choose to believe he can destroy the "can't win the playoffs" limitation too. Especially now that he's been separated from "Paint by numbers" Moore.

stiletto

Reaction score
You have to have learned how to filter out the nonsense by now, Brother! There are a few of us, in fact I would say most of us who can discuss Dak and really any other aspect of the team somewhat rationally. Well as least as rationally as one could expect from "fanatics." The think I always come back to is QB is the one position where guys absolutely continue to get better well into their 30's. Mainly because it's such a mental position. There is no sane argument to be made that Dak was not a LOT better at 30 than he was five years ago at 25 and if his body holds up will be better at 35 than he is now. The argument that Dak haters cling to for dear life: "Dak is who he is and can't get any better." has been proven wrong hundreds of times. Hell our own Tony Romo was light years better in his age 35 season than he was in his age 30 season. We literally just watched it play out with our own previous QB and we still aren't able to see it with Dak. I don't get that part. Dak has destroyed just about every artificial limitation people have placed on him pretty much since he came to Dallas. "Doesn't pass for big yards is being carried by the run game." "Needs all pros on the line." "Needs all pros at all the receiver positions." "Can't win without a dominant running game." And my personal favorite - "Can't read defenses." The guy with one of the 10 best INT rates in the history of the league can't read defenses. The lunacy of that one never ceases to give me a chuckle. I choose to believe he can destroy the "can't win the playoffs" limitation too. Especially now that he's been separated from "Paint by numbers" Moore.
Do you think Dak is great against the better teams like the 49ers, Chiefs, Bills? How many times are you going to give him a pass for looking terrible in the playoffs against the better teams? What does he have to be, 2-13 in the playoffs before you'd change your mind?

Do you really care that much about being good against the NFC Least for 10 years when the division has generally sucked? There are a lot of things that go into Dak having the stats he does and it isn't from really beating the best teams. I feel the same way about Romo, he could never beat the hot or better teams either. Threw picks in the worst possible spots, just like Dak's WR Screen for a pick-6 right after going down 7-0 in the Green Bay game. Talk about un-clutch. These are not huffy rants, these are all facts and if you cannot accept them, then it is you that don't want to have rational discussions. There is more proof that Dak cannot get the Cowboys to the promised land than being able to at this point. At some time the page has to be turned, hopefully at the end of this season.

Dak is an average QB in the big scheme of it all. He's amazing against crap teams and extremely mediocre against better teams. He can be upgraded with the right scouting and he certainly shouldn't be paid $60 million per. He is Kirk Cousins.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Do you think Dak is great against the better teams like the 49ers, Chiefs, Bills? How many times are you going to give him a pass for looking terrible in the playoffs against the better teams? What does he have to be, 2-13 in the playoffs before you'd change your mind?

Do you really care that much about being good against the NFC Least for 10 years when the division has generally sucked? There are a lot of things that go into Dak having the stats he does and it isn't from really beating the best teams. I feel the same way about Romo, he could never beat the hot or better teams either. Threw picks in the worst possible spots, just like Dak's WR Screen for a pick-6 right after going down 7-0 in the Green Bay game. Talk about un-clutch. These are not huffy rants, these are all facts and if you cannot accept them, then it is you that don't want to have rational discussions. There is more proof that Dak cannot get the Cowboys to the promised land than being able to at this point. At some time the page has to be turned, hopefully at the end of this season.

Dak is an average QB in the big scheme of it all. He's amazing against crap teams and extremely mediocre against better teams. He can be upgraded with the right scouting and he certainly shouldn't be paid $60 million per. He is Kirk Cousins.
Dak is a good bus driver and they are hard to find...the League pays guys like him a lot. If you want to be a Trailblazing GM go for it...but give your timeline on how quick you can turn it around to a better team or QB instead of just saying get rid of him. If you want to get rid of him...give your reasonable timeline before you get fired. Pretty reasonable expectation. How many QB's do you get to have that fail before you get fired?

Playoff losses are more on the GM/Coaches than a single player. Cool...Dak's INT's go up in more difficult settings....who woulda thought a players numbers decrease a little in more difficult situations. Coaches should step up too in playoffs.

I dont care about your playoff yips excuse...seriously...do not care about it at all. Its by design and I see through it.

I think the NFL turns into a lesser product once teams start going rookie contract QB's. Will it correct the QB market? I guess. How long will it take to do so? What other positions are going to start getting overpaid with the extra money. We gonna triple a long snappers salary?

Maybe the NFL gets interesting with people getting behind rookie QB's...all the hope and excitement for the next PLAYER. That player, if he succeeds, will want to get paid at some point.

QB percentage of cap seems to have stayed around 20% for a while. Whats the big deal?

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak is a good bus driver and they are hard to find...the League pays guys like him a lot. If you want to be a Trailblazing GM go for it...but give your timeline on how quick you can turn it around to a better team or QB instead of just saying get rid of him. If you want to get rid of him...give your reasonable timeline before you get fired. Pretty reasonable expectation. How many QB's do you get to have that fail before you get fired?

Playoff losses are more on the GM/Coaches than a single player. Cool...Dak's INT's go up in more difficult settings....who woulda thought a players numbers decrease a little in more difficult situations. Coaches should step up too in playoffs.

I dont care about your playoff yips excuse...seriously...do not care about it at all. Its by design and I see through it.

I think the NFL turns into a lesser product once teams start going rookie contract QB's. Will it correct the QB market? I guess. How long will it take to do so? What other positions are going to start getting overpaid with the extra money. We gonna triple a long snappers salary?

Maybe the NFL gets interesting with people getting behind rookie QB's...all the hope and excitement for the next PLAYER. That player, if he succeeds, will want to get paid at some point.

QB percentage of cap seems to have stayed around 20% for a while. Whats the big deal?
Uhh..How can you not care about playoff Yips with your QB? That's the worst possible thing a QB can have, would much rather him throw idiotic picks in the regular season. The whole point of the game is to win (and oh, BE GOOD) in the playoffs. I gave Dak plenty of time, more than most of his detractors but I had my limits, that's all.

He's a good dude and turns out just a mediocre bus driver QB especially come playoffs. He beats average to poor teams, and gets tromped by the better teams that easily take his limited game away. It is what it is. Once you find out a guy is only a bus driver, it is generally time to move away from him. Some just realize it sooner than later. Some won't at all because he has a Star on his helmet and are just basically cheerleaders.

To me it's clear from all the samples that Dak doesn't have what it takes and my standards are a little more than accepting a Bus Driver at the biggest position in pro sports. Time to move on and bring on the next guy...and what if the next guy is actually clutch and plays better in the playoffs than regular season? Who do you want then?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uhh..How can you not care about playoff Yips with your QB? That's the worst possible thing a QB can have, would much rather him throw idiotic picks in the regular season. The whole point of the game is to win (and oh, BE GOOD) in the playoffs. I gave Dak plenty of time, more than most of his detractors but I had my limits, that's all.

He's a good dude and turns out just a mediocre bus driver QB especially come playoffs. He beats average to poor teams, and gets tromped by the better teams that easily take his limited game away. It is what it is. Once you find out a guy is only a bus driver, it is generally time to move away from him. Some just realize it sooner than later. Some won't at all because he has a Star on his helmet and are just basically cheerleaders.

To me it's clear from all the samples that Dak doesn't have what it takes and my standards are a little more than accepting a Bus Driver at the biggest position in pro sports. Time to move on and bring on the next guy...and what if the next guy is actually clutch and plays better in the playoffs than regular season? Who do you want then?
:clap:
horrible-crying.gif

Still looking for those 3 signatures wins by Dak over the last 5 years.......................

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Um... the pick 6 happened when the score was already 20-0. What game did you watch? Clearly it wasn't the same one I did. If you're going challenge my view of the facts then you're going to have to do so with actual facts of your own not the world as viewed through your anti-Dak glasses. And did you happen to notice all the times the defense was stuffing the Packers prior to that pick? Yeah.. me neither..

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
The only reason they’d need to sign him now assuming they intend to retain him is once the season starts Dak will probably want to test FA.

And if he still needs to prove himself with our ownership it’s a bad leap of faith and spells it’s time to move on regardless the results this season.

And the light is finally dawning for the Davidians ...

stiletto

Reaction score
Um... the pick 6 happened when the score was already 20-0. What game did you watch? Clearly it wasn't the same one I did. If you're going challenge my view of the facts then you're going to have to do so with actual facts of your own not the world as viewed through your anti-Dak glasses. And did you happen to notice all the times the defense was stuffing the Packers prior to that pick? Yeah.. me neither..
W/e i forgot what the score was, I just knew it was over as soon as I saw Dak in the first possession after GB scored...The overall point remains, doesn't really matter when it happened. There was plenty of time left to get back into it. He blew it.

Let's face it...Dak folds and freezes up in big games, his reputation is sealed. He did NOTHING to get the team back into that game. That's his job. Is that not a fact for you after 9 years?.. He's a big game/playoff choker. That's all there is to it but I know you'll support him right up until the moment he is replaced.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score

I guess the game is only 2 quarters long !

Had Dak thrown a TD instead of a INT , its 20-7 and we get ball coming out 2nd half to possibly make is 20-14 . Go Cheerlead more homer

RonnieT24

Reaction score
W/e i forgot what the score was, I just knew it was over as soon as I saw Dak in the first possession after GB scored...The overall point remains, doesn't really matter when it happened. There was plenty of time left to get back into it. He blew it.

Let's face it...Dak folds and freezes up in big games, his reputation is sealed. He did NOTHING to get the team back into that game. That's his job. Is that not a fact for you after 9 years?.. He's a big game/playoff choker. That's all there is to it but I know you'll support him right up until the moment he is replaced.
This is correct. I will support all my players right up to the moment they are replaced. And then I will cheer like hell for the replacement. I agree there was time to get back into the game before the pick 6. However at what point watching that game did you get the sense that the defense was going to start stopping Green Bay? They had given up 3 TDs on 3 possessions to that point and gave up 3 TDs on their next 3 possessions if I recall correctly. The defense gave up a 93 yard TD drive on the drive before the pick 6. They gave up two 75 yard drives on the next two Green Bay possessions. The Cowboys scored two TDs and a FG on their next three possessions... and lost ground because the defense was standing there with their pants around their collective ankles getting bent over.

There is no argument that the pick 6 was a forced throw borne of the desperation of knowing they might have to score 50 just to have a chance to win that day. It was a poor decision on Dak's part but I don't kill him for it because I understand where is mindset was. When your team is getting handled like that you have to take more chances just to have even a slight chance of getting back into it. The move backfired in the worst way but I completely understand the reasoning for it.

The "freezes up in big games" narrative is the stuff of softheads. You guys declare any game we win to have not been a big game. I mean you guys will do it with the same team .. In 2022 when the Cowboys lost to Tampa it was Dak can't beat good teams.. When they beat Tampa in the playoffs Tampa magically was no longer a good team. Same with Philly this past year. Cowboys lost at Philly.. "Can't beat a good team..." Beat the hell outta Philly.. "Philly is not a good team..." You could even apply it to Green Bay... They were a bad team the first half of the season so that's the characterization they get when playing the Cowboys. Ignoring the fact that they were 6-2 in the second half of the season with wins over KC and Detroit in that stretch. Maybe they should have gotten a little more respect coming into the playoffs than they were given. I mean they did go toe to toe with the 49ers the week after beating the Cowboys didn't they?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is correct. I will support all my players right up to the moment they are replaced. And then I will cheer like hell for the replacement. I agree there was time to get back into the game before the pick 6. However at what point watching that game did you get the sense that the defense was going to start stopping Green Bay? They had given up 3 TDs on 3 possessions to that point and gave up 3 TDs on their next 3 possessions if I recall correctly. The defense gave up a 93 yard TD drive on the drive before the pick 6. They gave up two 75 yard drives on the next two Green Bay possessions. The Cowboys scored two TDs and a FG on their next three possessions... and lost ground because the defense was standing there with their pants around their collective ankles getting bent over.

There is no argument that the pick 6 was a forced throw borne of the desperation of knowing they might have to score 50 just to have a chance to win that day. It was a poor decision on Dak's part but I don't kill him for it because I understand where is mindset was. When your team is getting handled like that you have to take more chances just to have even a slight chance of getting back into it. The move backfired in the worst way but I completely understand the reasoning for it.

The "freezes up in big games" narrative is the stuff of softheads. You guys declare any game we win to have not been a big game. I mean you guys will do it with the same team .. In 2022 when the Cowboys lost to Tampa it was Dak can't beat good teams.. When they beat Tampa in the playoffs Tampa magically was no longer a good team. Same with Philly this past year. Cowboys lost at Philly.. "Can't beat a good team..." Beat the hell outta Philly.. "Philly is not a good team..." You could even apply it to Green Bay... They were a bad team the first half of the season so that's the characterization they get when playing the Cowboys. Ignoring the fact that they were 6-2 in the second half of the season with wins over KC and Detroit in that stretch. Maybe they should have gotten a little more respect coming into the playoffs than they were given. I mean they did go toe to toe with the 49ers the week after beating the Cowboys didn't they?
A lot of blah blah blah blah now can you please post 3 signature wins by Dak in the past 5 years?
I'll give you the 8-9 Playoff Bucs win.
So you're down to 2 signature wins by Dak ...............Do you have them Mr. Blah Blah Blah?

stiletto

Reaction score

Absolutely the Defense sucked and was always overrated under Quinn IMO BUT that doesn't change the fact that Dak was clueless. Had Dak countered with a score after going down 7-0, who knows what happens. Maybe the D would've picked it up. How do you know? I got the impression that the Defense knew Dak would not going to keep them in the game. Saw/heard rumblings of how they felt about Dak last training camp especially after how terrible he played against the 49ers in the Divisional round in 2022. The Defense didn't play bad in that game. Dak DID.

If anything I can say about Dak, is he's always handled the Division pretty well. fine he gets some credit there but for the most part the NFC Least has sucked. It's just the truth and outside of that against good teams, he has looked woefully lost for 8 seasons. He gets intimidated and it's pretty obvious to see if you look back. I was fooled again this season. No more after the GB game. He was putrid. I don't blame the owners for not wanting to pay him a 2nd big deal. Let him do what Kirk Cousins did. Go to another team silly enough to pay him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Absolutely the Defense sucked and was always overrated under Quinn IMO BUT that doesn't change the fact that Dak was clueless. Had Dak countered with a score after going down 7-0, who knows what happens. Maybe the D would've picked it up. How do you know? I got the impression that the Defense knew Dak would not going to keep them in the game. Saw/heard rumblings of how they felt about Dak last training camp especially after how terrible he played against the 49ers in the Divisional round in 2022. The Defense didn't play bad in that game. Dak DID.

If anything I can say about Dak, is he's always handled the Division pretty well. fine he gets some credit there but for the most part the NFC Least has sucked. It's just the truth and outside of that against good teams, he has looked woefully lost for 8 seasons. He gets intimidated and it's pretty obvious to see if you look back. I was fooled again this season. No more after the GB game. He was putrid. I don't blame the owners for not wanting to pay him a 2nd big deal. Let him do what Kirk Cousins did. Go to another team silly enough to pay him.
So your excuse for how horribly the defense played was that they didn't believe in Dak? Why then is it not acceptable to say Dak and the offense quit after watching the defense crap the bed? More likely the defense probably knew the defense wasn't going to keep them in the game.

By the way to your point about the first drive after the defense dropped trow on Green Bay's first drive. Did you not notice that Dak had moved them into Green Bay territory before the first of CeeDee's drops killed that drive on 3rd down? I'm guessing you saw it but blamed Dak for the pass not hitting him in the chest right? If I recall correctly that pass was out in front (where people complain Dak never puts it) and CeeDee should have been able to catch it on the run and hit a big play.

stiletto

Reaction score
So your excuse for how horribly the defense played was that they didn't believe in Dak? Why then is it not acceptable to say Dak and the offense quit after watching the defense crap the bed? More likely the defense probably knew the defense wasn't going to keep them in the game.

By the way to your point about the first drive after the defense dropped trow on Green Bay's first drive. Did you not notice that Dak had moved them into Green Bay territory before the first of CeeDee's drops killed that drive on 3rd down? I'm guessing you saw it but blamed Dak for the pass not hitting him in the chest right? If I recall correctly that pass was out in front (where people complain Dak never puts it) and CeeDee should have been able to catch it on the run and hit a big play.
Nope, not my excuse. The Defense has folded many times but what did Dak do to even show he was trying in that game? Throws a pick 6 on a damn WR screen...rookie play. You never answered my question, what about against the 49ers in the 2022 Divisional? They held San Fran to 19 pts.. Dak was putrid in that game too. Is he not without any blame in some of these playoff games or are you just gonna lick his boots until he's gone?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but so were the fans.