The let HeavyHitta31/The30YardSlant have it thread

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
utrunner07;3160217 said:
Act like a child? Like the pot calling the kettle black here.
Just because someone points out when you're wrong on a weekly basis doesn't mean they act like a child. It just must means you get your feelings hurt too easily.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What bothers me the most is these guys saying everyone sucks and just completely blasting our own players.

Saying we don't have any talent and all of that other mess.

Dallas has the talent. That isn't the question.

The question is will Dallas hand a game over to another team.

That is 100% of our problem.

Dallas would be 13-1 if they didn't hand games over.

Last night our game plan was to go TAKE the game. You could see it in the playcalling even.

But don't ever question this teams talent in a parity driven league because we got plenty of it.

No where is DaBoys4Life because hes another one that needs to hit the road for awhile.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Can't say I'm upset to see him go.

from UrbanDictionary.com

1. Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out

A metaphor for: "I think you should leave. Do not pause or delay while you are leaving." Generally used when the addressed has been complaining about circumstances that the listener doesn't agree with. It comes from a time when doors were on spring hinges and if you paused in the doorway while exiting, the door would spring closed behind you and hit you on the backside.

"This place stinks. I am too qualified to be here."

"Well, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
utrunner07;3160209 said:
Nope, it was a great game. I myself actually turned down the bet the OP made because this game they were very capable of winning. The problem with this team has been consistency. The plaid lights out yesterday, play like that every game and I don't think they can be beat till perhaps the Championship round; however, we have yet to see this team do anything with consistency all year long. So sure enjoy the win, I sure did. But bashing the OP is ridiculous, he has been right most of the year and is still right about this team and just because you don't want to face reality does not make you a better fan. These up coming two games are going to be much tougher than Saturday's game, though by no means am I belittling the win, just saying there is a long ways to go and this team still has much to prove before we 'crown them'.
hahahahahahaha. That's ridiculous.

So is Aggie really gone till next season? Winning the Super Bowl would mean even more to me now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
utrunner07;3160209 said:
Nope, it was a great game. I myself actually turned down the bet the OP made because this game they were very capable of winning. The problem with this team has been consistency. The plaid lights out yesterday, play like that every game and I don't think they can be beat till perhaps the Championship round; however, we have yet to see this team do anything with consistency all year long. So sure enjoy the win, I sure did. But bashing the OP is ridiculous, he has been right most of the year and is still right about this team and just because you don't want to face reality does not make you a better fan. These up coming two games are going to be much tougher than Saturday's game, though by no means am I belittling the win, just saying there is a long ways to go and this team still has much to prove before we 'crown them'.

what the holy hell is all this "reality" crap? how come it's real when you're predicting losing and it's "keeping it real" when you do it right after a win?

you're not real, you're just being a peckerhead at that point.

the reality is - we won. you can't blow up our losses to magnify that for your negative fuel and then diminish the wins we do in fact (in reality, mind you) get by saying "well we'll lose again soon enough".

you also sit around and go "that damn sun will be up again im sure" and then get all proud when you're right?

that's not being real. that's being stupid.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3159042 said:
the guy SLATE called off the bet for not enough takers

I'm pretty sure those 2 had the bet going

and I agree

I disagree. To me it read like a self-imposed promise. I do give him this much. At least he had the guts to make such a bet. Unlike someone else I know.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
utrunner07;3160209 said:

Can you and I make a bet for the Commanders game? Please?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;3160204 said:
I disagree make him pay.

Dont talk crap about the Cowboys then lose a bet in which you predict the Cowboys to lose and expect sympathy.
It isn't sympathy. I have very little of that. I just don't like those kinds of bets.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
There are plenty of things to "glean" from this site (breaking news, pix, vids) without being able to post, so it's not like he's sacrificing his first born son.

the big 88

Reaction score
what are we gonna do about our kicker situation.. Folk went from being clutch to being just terrible..

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was a bet, I thought it was just a chest thumping, "bravado statement", ... BraveHeart has it in his sig line, ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Originally Posted by The30YardSlant
It isnt going to happen. I don't think I've ever been more sure of anything sports-related in my LIFE.

Hell, I'll even stick my neck out. If we beat New Orleans, I won't post on this board until the first regular game of next season.

It's just not going to happen

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There are always consequences to our decisions, actions, and statement that we make.

I get tired of reading crap from him and posters like him, ... they seem to enjoy Cowboys losses, and then put down any wins as "unimpressive."

He spouted off his crap, never dreaming that he might have to stick to his words, .. the Cowboys made him eat his words, and now he can stick to his word and not post until his sentence is up. Face the consequences.

Normally, I am usually very optimistic about each game the Cowboys play, .. and I didn't have a great feeling about this game, .. but I never felt like we couldn't win.

Then I knew we were going to win when Tony took the field after New Orleans '3 and out' to start the game, .. and Journeys "Don't Stop Believin'" was on the jukebox in the "dive" I was watching the game in.

This was "THE NIGHT" :laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah it wasn't a bet that Slate or anyone else talked him into taking. He came out with those words all on his own cause he was so certain that we wouldn't win.

I think he should comeback after our season is over but if he stays gone till next season then all the more power to him for sticking to exactly what he said he'd do.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3157699 said:
Before I leave for a while as promised if the Cowboys won, I figured I'd eat my crow and create a thread so it isnt all over the board. I was wrong. Period. This team (Minus Nick Folk) came to play and won a game they had to win. For the first time in Wade Phillips era, they played very well in a big game in December. Even more impressive, it was against the best team in football. In their house. I'm still shocked, I can't believe it, but I promise you I couldnt be happier that I was wrong. Here's to doing it two more times and winning the division.

So, go ahead, let me have it. I guranteed a loss and said I'd quit posting until the start of next season. I put it out there and got burned. I'll be here to read, just unable to post. See you guys next season (I know, you're all crushed :D ).

Great thread. Thanks for posting.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SDogo;3157717 said:
This **** cracks me up.

I want to see one guy on this board who has not spewed a negative comment at one point,

You rang??

They don't call me Pollyanna Bear for nothing...

I reserve my negative comments for the posters in this forum, not the team... which is, of course, why I get regular PMs from the mods in here...

:D

silverbear

Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;3157855 said:
Here's one. I'm an eternal optimist and I NEVER go into a game thinking Dallas is going to lose...NEVER!

In three years of participating in pick 'em leagues, I have never once picked the Boys to lose (even when I thought they probably would)... if they lose the game, I'll forfeit that point, with nary a regret...

silverbear

Reaction score
SDogo;3158022 said:
Hey man, whatever.

I'm so sick of arguing with people on this site I used to get along with.

You could be more like me... I argue with EVERYBODY, except that rare few who have the wit and perspicacity to always agree with me...

And to tell you the truth, sometimes they get on my nerves, too... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;3158210 said:
Y'all need to chill out just a bit on 30yardslant. He is the ultimate half glass empty-ist. He has owned up to it. Good for him.

My hope is that if he learned anything from this, it's not to bet your posting privileges on anything, no matter how sure a bet you consider it...

I have been offered some bets like this, and always turn them down... instead, I have proposed avatar bets, or sig bets... I can carry an embarrassing avatar for a month or so better than I could handle being self-banned from this forum, or any forum that I like...

silverbear

Reaction score
dbair1967;3158424 said:
Dude, there's no reason to quit posting...

I've had my problems with him in the past, but I basically like him... but he knows that he has to live up to his word, now that he's painted himself into a corner... if he didn't, the folks who really dislike him would torment him about it forever...

He's better off manning up the way he is, and making a mental note to never bet something as important to him as his posting privileges again... basically, don't ever make a bet that would hurt you badly if you lost it...

So be well, you damned ol' Aggie, and we'll keep the forum going until you get back...

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;3159036 said:
I wish whoever made the bet with him would let him off the hook. Never have liked these bets.

I think he came up with the bet all by himself, Hos...