FEATURED The life of online Cowboys fans

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you keep that close of tabs on everyone here? You know every post they make?

I don't believe it for one second.

It's possible you keep tabs on a certain subject matter.....then you act like that's all a certain person posts in.
Love it when the bottom dwellers don’t like me.

shabazz

Reaction score
If think we have a serious problem here with the definitions of "hate" and "troll".

Seems too many people define it as "Stuff I hate" or "stuff I don't want to read".

I hate people that leave un-eaten bacon on a plate..other than that, I don't hate any player or any forum member

The. "hate" term has now supplanted "amazing" as the most overused word. I can only blame the teenage girls for setting the trends picked up by some adults....damn those Taylor Swift fans...

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
For me the trick is to differentiate between voicing your opinion and character assassination. Venting, complaining, disliking a player is never going away. I enjoy venting at times. It is usually temporary and sometimes I will read a post on here that causes me to see it from a different perspective. But personal attacks of fellow posters, fellow fans, is useless and never persuades anyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Precisely!

One of the themes I hear over and over is "I could accept their criticism if it was warranted".

That means "if I agreed". Everyone has a different threshold about what's acceptable or not. If we could only just accept people's comments, instead of "going for the throat"...it would be an even better place.

I happen to think you CAN like the Cowboys and not be happy with ...say Dak for example. Or Zeke. Or Ceedee dropping a pass. Regardless of wins or losses.

Other people just go directly to the "hater" thing. Thread and discussion immediately nuked. Good job. :(
I'm a big CeeDee fan, but I understand he's been dropping too many balls lately, including two last week he seemed to blame on the sun. Now, maybe the sun did get in his eyes and blind him, but I didn't see anyone else complain. But I'll wear his jersey tonight.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For me the trick is to differentiate between voicing your opinion and character assassination. Venting, complaining, disliking a player is never going away. I enjoy venting at times. It is usually temporary and sometimes I will read a post on here that causes me to see it from a different perspective. But personal attacks of fellow posters, fellow fans, is useless and never persuades anyone.

If you notice.. A lot of the posters who do the personal attacks are the guys who are super sensitive about something critical you say about the team or a player on the team.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve only put one person on ignore, in 10 years. I’ve never pressed the report button. I don’t mind critiquing. What I don’t like is trolling no matter whether we’re good or bad. We suck type , What’s wrong with being an individual. Not a hater, not a homer. Just somebody who can think for themselves. Isn’t that true reality

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a big CeeDee fan, but I understand he's been dropping too many balls lately, including two last week he seemed to blame on the sun. Now, maybe the sun did get in his eyes and blind him, but I didn't see anyone else complain. But I'll wear his jersey tonight.
That's the spirit. He is a very exciting player! Congrats on the jersey.