FEATURED The life of online Cowboys fans

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, you have said that hundreds of times, if not thousands. Problem is you never seem to see any positive posts from posters you claim are ALWAYS negative. Your eyes only see negative, even when things aren’t negative.

When one's definition of negative is any opinion that differs from one's own, perceived negativity is everywhere.

Haimerej

Reaction score
When one's definition of negative is any opinion that differs from one's own, perceived negativity is everywhere.

It's also telling when they attach so much emotion to your take. I mean, we're just talking football. But if you're critical in any way, they think you're some kind of miserable person who's constantly unhappy.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's also telling when they attach so much emotion to your take. I mean, we're just talking football. But if you're critical in any way, they think you're some kind of miserable person who's constantly unhappy.

Agree. Additionally some posters apparently spend a large portion of their day on here and are more emotionaly invested than others who casually post here and there. Nothing wrong with that , but any negativity here may not provide the warm safe space in which so many hours of the day may be spent in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see a bash Rocky thread. I saw the self-appointed arbiter of acceptable opinions jump in on post #2 and it went from there.

From that point he’s continued to embarrass himself and confirm everything being said about him. Being told about his issues from tons of fellow posters and yet still refusing to see the truth. I had thought he had turned a corner with his attitude but sadly not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This forum is amazing and the only thing that will ruin it is policing people to all share the same opinion.

I was a moderator on the old ranch site and I used to not like the zone.. Someone that poster here said to give it a fair chance for a couple of weeks and I’ve been here ever since. Before I could even drive a car I was posting on here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Negativity is a common form of expression on the interweb and especially on this forum, but there is no doubt that there are many many trolls among us throwing out unbridled hate which leads to consternation.. There is no shortage of participation trophies being handed out around here for nut rolling..
If they are "trolls"...then they aren't throwing around "unbridled" hate.

They are making comments and softies get wadded up about it. As intended.

Now if they truly DO "hate"...then they aren't trolls.

If think we have a serious problem here with the definitions of "hate" and "troll".

Seems too many people define it as "Stuff I hate" or "stuff I don't want to read".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing wrong with being critical of a player or the coach or the owner. It’s posters like yourself who are ALWAYS negative about EVERYTHING that bring down the forum.
Do you keep that close of tabs on everyone here? You know every post they make?

I don't believe it for one second.

It's possible you keep tabs on a certain subject matter.....then you act like that's all a certain person posts in.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I started the perfect thread on what the real problem with the negative posters on is and unfortunately it was considered a call out thread. I think if you only had the Cowboys at 7 or 8 wins this year you should have no room to complain. They have already greatly surpassed that expectation. Everything from here on out is way better then anything they predicted. You call them on that and now they get to move the goal post to..we will lose in the wild card round. They don't just say that once...they repeat it in every single thread they go into. Even after they predicted 7 wins and a top 10 pick. That.is.trolling...that.is.being.a.pure.hater

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of negativity on the site, but that is to be expected when you think about how long it has been since the Cowboys had any real post-season success.

Every so often Cowboys fans think, "This is our year!" only to have injuries, disappointing player performances, bad coaching decisions or bad referee calls erode and deflate enthusiasm until online articles and discussions shift right back to "what went wrong" topics.

Cowboys fans hear enough insults and negative comments from fans of other teams that it can be hard at times to endure it among Cowboys fans as well.

Everyone has to realize though that fans are always going to complain no matter the situation with the only difference being that some complain more often or more loudly than others.

That does not make people bad fans though.

Can it be annoying at times when the level of frustration in some fans severely exceeds your own? Of course, but I would rather be surrounded by fans who care enough to be frustrated than bandwagon fans who simply disappear when things go bad.

You can say a lot of things about Cowboys fans, and fans of other teams regularly do, but 25+ years of no Super Bowl appearances, much less wins, and yet we are all still here caring enough to voice our opinions on how to fix the endless loop of Cowboys season failures.

Hopefully this is the Cowboys year, but if it is not, I am sure a lot of Cowboys fans will know how to fix it, and will be glad to share their solutions with other Cowboys fans.

You should listen to New England fans. They are twice as worse. If the team wasnt blowing everyone out by 20 and 16-0 they were complaining. And now that Brady is gone, half them dont care about NE and follow the Bucs. Pathetic

But I am glad to see that you like realistic, hardcore fans over the casual homers. Well said!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Considering how much you troll fans who complain, the only real difference is which side of the frustration spectrum you are on.

Give Rockport a break, he just figured out that Pollard was better than Zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The site would improve by a factor of 10 if people would stick to talking football instead of arguing about whether someone’s post is negative or positive. If someone thinks Dak sucks, explain why you think differently instead of saying the poster sucks because he thinks Dak sucks.
Precisely!

One of the themes I hear over and over is "I could accept their criticism if it was warranted".

That means "if I agreed". Everyone has a different threshold about what's acceptable or not. If we could only just accept people's comments, instead of "going for the throat"...it would be an even better place.

I happen to think you CAN like the Cowboys and not be happy with ...say Dak for example. Or Zeke. Or Ceedee dropping a pass. Regardless of wins or losses.

Other people just go directly to the "hater" thing. Thread and discussion immediately nuked. Good job. :(

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I started the perfect thread on what the real problem with the negative posters on is and unfortunately it was considered a call out thread. I think if you only had the Cowboys at 7 or 8 wins this year you should have no room to complain. They have already greatly surpassed that expectation. Everything from here on out is way better then anything they predicted. You call them on that and now they get to move the goal post to..we will lose in the wild card round. They don't just say that once...they repeat it in every single thread they go into. Even after they predicted 7 wins and a top 10 pick. That.is.trolling...that.is.being.a.pure.hater

Are you trying to be Robin to Rocky's Batman?

1. Your thread was not perfect. There are no perfect threads.
2. People can complain when they want to complain. You are under no obligation to read it.
3. You don't seem to know the definitions of trolling or hater. Hint: they don't mean opinions or people that you don't like.