The list of complaints against Dak is shrinking

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I do not believe I have called anyone out. I have attacked the (bogus) arguments and not any poster or posters and will continue to do so. I talk football.. I have no interest in getting into these ridiculous name calling contests. Dak is ballin and debunking all these idiotic narratives week by week. I am duty bound to call attention to that fact. It's not like they're going to stop with their idiotic posts claiming he's not this or he's not that and coming with made up statistics to justify their flawed stance.

That's cool, have fun with your school yard antics.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"
They are lying in wait like the cowards they are. They will be back after a loss.

CWR

Reaction score
well, dream on, the next bad game and they'll be back. It's going to take several big moments and big wins over good teams before the doubt will be erased.

I'm not dreaming, some people don't have it in them to admit when they are wrong. To them Dak will always be a disappointment or just lucky because if his "situation."

I'm aware they are counting down the days before they can start talking nonsense about the "40 million dollar QB."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% bullcrap.. Nobody is rooting for Dak to shine in a loss.. Dallas Cowboy fans want him to shine in wins.. and frankly don't care if he plays just okay as long as we win. It's only the Dak haters who root for him to have a poor game so they can come in here and proclaim themselves to have been "right."

Dak was 14-22 for a 63% completion, below his NFL leading 70%. He threw for 188 yards. And 4 TD's and no picks. I am sure some would find fault with that.
I don't.
As a team you rush for 245 yards, Zeke 20 for 143, 7.2 average, Tony 10 for 67, 6.7 average. A QB with those stats will take it with the win.

It was the defense in the last 8 minutes playing soft that was why it was closer on the scoreboard than it was.
Dak played a great game, for what was given him, with a decent defense with a good pass rush. As I said, some may find fault with that but they should not.

12+88=7

Reaction score
So you root for a brand? Being a fan of a team for you is akin to rooting for Apple or Microsoft, or deciding between Coke and Pepsi.

You'll deny it. But that's essentially what you're saying.

That has to be the most shallow fandom one could possibly have, but ok.. do you.

I have been rooting for the "brand" since 1968.

I learned not to fall in love with the players very early as I saw my favorites retire. But then there are new favorites. And before you know it you are rooting for the team with whoever is on it or if they're winning a championship or having a losing season.

It doesn't matter the owner, coaching staff, or players. I will root for Dallas till my last breath.

waving monkey

Reaction score
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"
never give up on fabrication. too many will believe the BS no matter how lame

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This exactly.

For the Prescott supporters if Dallas goes 0-16 it only matters if Prescott puts up stats so he can't be blamed for the losses.

This as good as the TEAM has looked in a while, but it only matters what is being said about Prescott.

It's Prescott first, team second.

There are the "haters" that if the team loses regardless if it was a team issue, they are keyed in on Dak being the reason. They will disregard the defense, OL, bad coaching or several other factors that impact a game. For many of the "haters", they too only care about Dak so they can blame him for the losses.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

So Dak improves and you still find it necessary to make a post like this :rolleyes:

As ive mentioned in another thread, we have a more balanced Offense with dual purpose running game, TE that contribute to the receiving corp (even though sometimes they are out jumped o_O) and most importantly Dak is attempting (and succeeding) to score from further out.....a number of his redzone TD's, over the last couple of weeks, have come from plays just inside the redzone (before you say anything, that isnt a criticism).

The Offense (inc the O-Line protection) are coming together as a multi-threat unit, with Dak at the wheel (pun intended ;))

Reid1boys

Reaction score

I was a huge Romo fan and still think we would have been better when he returned.
I was also a huge Dak critic.

BUT, those days are over. Sure, i can complain he cant run like Murray, but that is foolish. Dak has improved drastically and Im not sure at this point how you can not say he isnt elite. He is probably top 5 in the league right now. As a Cowboys fan, we should all be pretty darn happy.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was a huge Romo fan and still think we would have been better when he returned.
I was also a huge Dak critic.

BUT, those days are over. Sure, i can complain he cant run like Murray, but that is foolish. Dak has improved drastically and Im not sure at this point how you can not say he isnt elite. He is probably top 5 in the league right now. As a Cowboys fan, we should all be pretty darn happy.

Indeed.. we should all be jumping for joy that we have a QB of this caliber.. It fascinates me that there are people still arguing that he's not one of the best in the business. Fine if you have your favorite guy who you think is better.. but the whole "Dak doesn't belong in the ____ conversation.." needs to die down for good. He's as good as it gets in the NFL right now. Period.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

They're not true fans.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don't worry the critics are hiding in the weeds just waiting for a bad outing and fact is Dak at some point will have one just as any other QB will have bad days including QB's people think are the best. I find nothing wrong with people being critical of any player who has a poor day but those who are unable to give credit to a player who is performing at a high level is pretty pathetic.

Hayseed

Reaction score

First of all old friend,....its good to see your smiling face again. Its been far too long. Second,....boy are you ever right about Dak. I love the kid. I think he is one of the very top QB's in the NFL and will be for quite some time. I also think he is one of the best leaders in the game. We are extremely lucky to have him. Kids been through a lot too, really pulling for him as the leader of our team and on a personal level as well. I like to see good people succeed at a high level through hard work and commitment and Dak is all of that!

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

They are all hiding under a rock.