The Mandalorian Season 2 [Hide Spoilers I Have Spoken]

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The harsh reality is Grogu has to die. We have seen the future(a dim one at that) of the Stars Wars saga. There is no mention of a powerful 100 year old toddler Yoda running around out there during the last 3 movie chapters. Unless they are waiting on him to mature at around 400 years old or so before he really comes into his own, I don't see how he doesn't meet a tragic ending in The Mandalorian series.
Doesn't this series take place after the movies?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The harsh reality is Grogu has to die. We have seen the future(a dim one at that) of the Stars Wars saga. There is no mention of a powerful 100 year old toddler Yoda running around out there during the last 3 movie chapters. Unless they are waiting on him to mature at around 400 years old or so before he really comes into his own, I don't see how he doesn't meet a tragic ending in The Mandalorian series.
Grogu could be hiding on Dagobah and receiving training from Ghost Yoda. Perhaps that is where Yoda was before popping in on Luke during The Rise of Skywalker.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The empire couldn't have wiped out the force powered entirely. Should have been plenty of them around during the forces stupid awakening.

Yeah it’s a big galaxy out there.

matter of fact. There are probably other Jedi still alive during force awakens. Ashoka could still be alive. Ezra we don’t know.....

It’s possible.

Idk if y’all watched Star Wars rebels. But I think Ezra is still alive out there during this timeline. Ezra is only about mid 20’s or so when the Mandalorian takes place. If he is Alive.

He would only be in his 50’s when force awakens takes place.

Ahsoka is mid 40’s during the Mandalorian. Would be around 70 for force awakens. Very Possible she is still alive by force awakens as well. Even though we don’t see her in the movies.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Aren't Jedi supposed to be celibate?

There is some debate about this. Some of the now “non canon” books discuss Jedi who were allowed to reproduce simply because their species had such low numbers that the Jedi order allowed them to procreate to save their species. But they weren’t allowed to raise their children directly to prevent attachment which could lead to the dark side.

We know almost nothing about Yoda, Yaddle and Grogu’s species. So it’s possible that if the species was/is close to extinction. The Jedi order allowed Yoda and yaddle to procreate for this purpose. Thus leading to Grogu.

Nobody knows of course but it makes for a great fan theory.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ll also add. That in one of the non canon books, yaddle dies prior to Order 66. Which is likely why she isn’t seen in attack of the clones or revenge of the sith. So I don’t think she would be the one to save Grogu.

I hope we eventually find out more about how he survives order 66.

Some of the memes online about his survival are fire though. Lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score

joseephuss

Reaction score
They're supposed to be, yes. But Luke and Leia showed that that's not always the case.

But Luke and Leia became Jedi long after most others were killed off or went into exile. There was no Jedi council for them, nor were they raised as younglings following the ways of the force. I don't think force ghost Kenobi was running down the full lists of dos and don'ts of the Jedi order. He probably popped in on the Ben Solo conception, because Kenobi is a dirty old ghost. Would Yoda stray from the Jedi rules, laws and traditions?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But Luke and Leia became Jedi long after most others were killed off or went into exile. There was no Jedi council for them, nor were they raised as younglings following the ways of the force. I don't think force ghost Kenobi was running down the full lists of dos and don'ts of the Jedi order. He probably popped in on the Ben Solo conception, because Kenobi is a dirty old ghost. Would Yoda stray from the Jedi rules, laws and traditions?

My point was that Luke and Leia were conceived by a Jedi, Anakin Skywalker. So that rule of celibacy was clearly broken at least once. Whos to say it won't be revealed that it was broken (or intentionally changed) again? They're clearly adding to and changing some long-held beliefs already, this could be another revelation. Or not.

joseephuss

Reaction score
My point was that Luke and Leia were conceived by a Jedi, Anakin Skywalker. So that rule of celibacy was clearly broken at least once. Whos to say it won't be revealed that it was broken (or intentionally changed) again? They're clearly adding to and changing some long-held beliefs already, this could be another revelation. Or not.

It was broken because Anakin was weak and not the guy to live up to the standards of the Jedi order. I don't see Yoda breaking or altering the rules to make an exception. The whole reason the Jedi order collapsed is they were too stringent to evolve. Their sad devotion to their ancient religion did not help them see the manipulations of Palpatine and the obvious fallibilities of Anakin. It will probably end up being a nephew to Yoda, which is a simple, clean connection. Or a clone. lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
It was broken because Anakin was weak and not the guy to live up to the standards of the Jedi order. I don't see Yoda breaking or altering the rules to make an exception. The whole reason the Jedi order collapsed is they were too stringent to evolve. Their sad devotion to their ancient religion did not help them see the manipulations of Palpatine and the obvious fallibilities of Anakin. It will probably end up being a nephew to Yoda, which is a simple, clean connection. Or a clone. lol

You just don’t want the visual picture of Yoda clapping those green cheeks.

I understand.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would expect something lame like that if George Lucas were still in charge, but Filoni and Favreau have done a much better job of crafting compelling stories and tying in past characters in my opinion. As a recent example, Boba Fett was cooler in 30 seconds of the Mandolorian than he ever was in anything Lucas did.

A possible reason for an "exception" could be preservation of his race. Who knows? But I think it would make for an interesting revelation and storyline. And it would be pretty easy to do a flashback scene with a CGI character as well.