Isn't that what most coach do... he has coordinators. ,
What else did Jimmy Johnson do besides motivate players

Win multiple championships?

Create dynasties?

Develop HOF players?

Is this a trick question?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Did Jimmy do a good job at game management it's also what you perceive to be good game management I've seen good make good game management call especially in 2016 is a fact that all coaches make game management gaffes even the great ones

Results are what counts. If l recall correctly, you don't get to a SB if you can't get past the first round of the playoffs. Jimmy won 2 SBs (actually 3) in a very short time. How much longer do we give Clappy the Clown? His game mismanagement is inexcusable at this point. You don't play for a FG when you have plenty of time to try and win in regulation. You don't call a TO and ice your own kicker. I know alot of very intelligent people that have no common sense. Garrett is in that category.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

Batman1980

Reaction score
Manster, I'm sorry but you are not part of the current team and we're allowed to criticize a coach that is still "learning" on the job 11 years into his NFL coaching career.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Funny, but you know what he meant. lol

Yes, I inferred he was downplaying Jimmy's role by comparing his impact with Garrett's.

He could not have been more wrong. Jimmy was more than a walk around clapper.

He used his coordinators but his methods, influence and production were worlds apart from Garrett's.

Comparing the 2 is an insult to the Nth degree.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, I inferred he was downplaying Jimmy's role by comparing his impact with Garrett's.

He used his coordinators but his methods, influence and production were worlds apart from Garrett's.

I'm not a JG fan, but explain to me what the **** clapping has to do with anything?

GenoT

Reaction score
Randy White was a great Cowboy.

But he’s a ‘70s-‘80s football guy, isn’t part of the day-to-day dynamic of this team and has no dog in the hunt, as far as being personally and professionally impacted by Garrett’s continuing mediocrity.

I’ll take the FACT of Garrett’s W-L record over White’s OPINION of him all day long.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'm not a JG fan, but explain to me what the **** clapping has to do with anything?

It's just a popular nit-pick. I use it against him myself since it doesn't seem to actually accomplish anything except Garrett's hands coming together.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Manster, I'm sorry but you are not part of the current team and we're allowed to criticize a coach that is still "learning" on the job 11 years into his NFL coaching career.

Rancher can arrange a direct one - on - one meeting and we'll just see how strong your real convictions are...:popcorn:

ksadler1

Reaction score

Jimmy also held all his coaches and players accountable. Can we honestly say the same about Garrett? Hell, he doesn't even hold himself accountable...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's just a popular nit-pick. I use it against him myself since it doesn't seem to actually accomplish anything except Garrett's hands coming together.
It would have any sort of impact if it actually meant something. It's as stupid as mocking someone for inhaling air.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That includes you as well, correct?

Have a little more self esteem.
Incorrect. I could make you dizzy with more wit than actually thinking clapping is any sort of mockery or insult.