Twitter: The Manster, Randy White, calls out all Garrett critics

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
You think? Lol. How long does it take? How long should he have? How many position coaches and coordinators have to be fired or in a nice way, their contracts not renewed, before he actually is held responsible ?

Some of these numbers might be off but you'll get my point, 3 DC, 2 OC, 3 OL coaches, 3 WR coaches, 3 ST coaches, 2 RB coaches, 3 DB coaches, 2 QB coaches, all in 8 years. This isn't like other teams where teams are plucking our position coaches for coordinators jobs and our coordinators for HC jobs. They are gettting fired or their contracts just aren't getting extended which is a nice way of saying, you're fired. In 8 years this team has had 2 significant coaching turnovers and nothing has changed on the field.
The e-girls and rams have both went for zeros to championship contenders in a couple years respectively. How is that? One of the biggest changes was new HCs...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately Cowboy fans HC like we’d want in McVay or Pedersen is not a reality with Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The e-girls and rams have both went for zeros to championship contenders in a couple years respectively. How is that? One of the biggest changes was new HCs...
You seem to forget about their QB’s.

Add either Wentz or Goff to our roster and this is a much improved team despite our weaknesses in coaching staff.

Adding a great QB is a more likely possibility with Jerry than a greater HC.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Masters right, Garrett gets them all fired up and ready to play he just doesn't coach them after he does that:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As long as Jerry has his ambitions to prove he’s a football guy a more legit front office and coaching staff isn’t a reality.

We must look to upgrade where Jerry will allow improvements which is talent and assistant coaches.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score

Add either Wentz or Goff to our roster and this is a much improved team despite our weaknesses in coaching staff.

The e-girls won with Foles and McVay has turned Goff into a stud. Goff looked like hammered dog**** before McVay.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
No disrespect Mr. White but Garrett hasn’t coach far enough into the playoffs in like 8 years so I assume he should be criticized just a tad bit

StylisticS

Reaction score
Frankly, if this team doesn't make the playoff again for the 6th time in 8 years, yeah, I think I might listen to the disgruntled fans over Randy White.

Because at some point, you have to question the intelligence of people like Randy if the team just continues to fail under this current leadership and yet people like Randy keep trying to tell you how great Garrett is.
Yes but they play hard. That’s all that matters. Super Bowls or even NFC championship games doesn’t matter in Dallas like it use to. Playing hard ultimately trumps those goals. Not only are they playing hard, they are playing hard to be mediocre. Delightful and quite humiliating.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
To all the Garrett fans out there, do you really think Cleveland would even interview Garrett if he were fired by the Cowboys today? No chance!
Well, maybe if the NFL required all teams to interview at least one red-headed person for all head coach vacancies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bet your young players learned a lot...
They did! He does a great job. It was great getting to know him. He was my idol growing up, I was afraid he would be a prick. He wasn't. Very cool guy! He is a friend of a friend, that's how I got to know him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They did! He does a great job. It was great getting to know him. He was my idol growing up, I was afraid he would be a prick. He wasn't. Very cool guy! He is a friend of a friend, that's how I got to know him.

Thanks for the share, Coach...:starspin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is true. It's also true that a better coaching staff could improve the performance of our whole team, but a better QB can seldom overcome bad play calling and poor clock management, at least frequently enough to get deep into the playoffs.
But I think you're right about who is more likely to be ousted.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check out @sportsbull’s Tweet:

:popcorn:

White is correct. However, all coaches are not always ideal head coaching material. Some of the best coordinators at all levels of football have not cut it as head coaches.

Many coaches are technically sound in teaching football principles. Unfortunately, every player is not an automaton. The best head coaches combine motivation with evaluating each player's strengths and applying football principles to what each player can do--both physically and mentally.

This is the basis of proper execution and the difference between a smoothly operating team and a sputtering one. While Garrett has been successful overseeing parts of the team executing extremely well during his tenure, in particularly the offense, he has equally struggled to do so with all three phases of the team practically every season. This is Garrett's shortcoming as a head coach.

That said, players cannot be absolved of making idiotically simple mundane football mistakes. Blaming time management miscues on Garrett is okay. The same is okay for blaming a lineman from not making a block or a special teamer blocking someone in the back on a punt or a defensive end getting bamboozled on an option play or a receiver not catching a catchable pass or a quarterback not seeing the open receiver downfield or a safety not picking up his man a hair late or a running back fumbling not properly protecting the ball or a linebacker allowing a runner to break his ankles, etc. The list is pretty darn long. That is what White commented about and he is right.

Praxit

Reaction score
..JG.. is a 8-8 coach. No bones about it. He just puts miles on the car and doesn't go anywhere significant.

CCBoy

Reaction score
White is correct. However, all coaches are not always ideal head coaching material. Some of the best coordinators at all levels of football have not cut it as head coaches.

Many coaches are technically sound in teaching football principles. Unfortunately, every player is not an automaton. The best head coaches combine motivation with evaluating each player's strengths and applying football principles to what each player can do--both physically and mentally.

This is the basis of proper execution and the difference between a smoothly operating team and a sputtering one. While Garrett has been successful overseeing parts of the team executing extremely well during his tenure, in particularly the offense, he has equally struggled to do so with all three phases of the team practically every season. This is Garrett's shortcoming as a head coach.

That said, players cannot be absolved of making idiotically simple mundane football mistakes. Blaming time management miscues on Garrett is okay. The same is okay for blaming a lineman from not making a block or a special teamer blocking someone in the back on a punt or a defensive end getting bamboozled on an option play or a receiver not catching a catchable pass or a quarterback not seeing the open receiver downfield or a safety not picking up his man a hair late or a running back fumbling not properly protecting the ball or a linebacker allowing a runner to break his ankles, etc. The list is pretty darn long. That is what White commented about and he is right.

His teams seem to be both poorly coached and prepared for opponent contingencies and identifying them. They are not game disciplined.